Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-02, 09:26 PM   #1
DoinkyBottoms

Send a message via AIM to DoinkyBottoms
Thumbs down Doom 3 Alpha

Thanks so much to the moderators for stopping the spread of this blasphemy. Nothing destroyes the experience like a bunch of "reviews" based on some crappy alpha test version, and poor give-it-all-away screeshots. Doom3 is a milestone in gaming, the ultimate in anticipation. I hope the person responsible has his head bitten off and his ass fired.
Old 11-03-02, 10:06 PM   #2
volt

Glad to see more people agree with our methods hehehe
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-03-02, 10:20 PM   #3
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

I say we hang volt and drag his body thru the streets!
Old 11-03-02, 10:30 PM   #4
DoinkyBottoms

Send a message via AIM to DoinkyBottoms

You mess with him you deal with both of us...

Obviously, I'm not a threat seems how I had to edit this post three times to get it right.
Old 11-03-02, 10:31 PM   #5
volt

HAHAHA, got beef now ?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-03-02, 10:52 PM   #6
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
HAHAHA, got beef now ?
BRING IT!
Old 11-04-02, 05:53 PM   #7
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Thumbs up Fine no pics this is lame in my opinion

Quote:
Recently we've had some people posting on released/leaked pirated software (warez). Anyone found posting links/pictures (attachments, or [img] tags) and asking where to obtain warez will be sent a warning, and their post will be deleted. However, you can post links to pictures ONLY if that particular site does not contain any information on how to obtain the pirated software, or does not talk about it in detail. Under NO circumstances you may troubleshoot the users who request help for unreleased/leaked software. NO EXCEPTIONS. There is no second warning, because you will get banned from accessing this forum.
BY volt

but we can talk about it don't we this is why we have Games Forum !!!

Anyways on Radeon 9700 leaked doom runs at around 60FPS at 640x480 res same speed with 2x and 4x AA and 16xaniso , but drops alot in heavy fire mode , must be CPU limited or just very early build of engine can't wait for retail
Old 11-04-02, 05:57 PM   #8
volt

woooooooow
Great, anything you want to add? Be careful though, I may consider it as one of those things I'd hate to see here.

Old 11-04-02, 06:52 PM   #9
The Baron

When you look at the console, it says...

"Doom 3 v 0.02"

ZERO POINT ZERO TWO.

It's about as far away from done as HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

It's cool, in that Matrix Reloaded teaser sort of way. But don't make judgments from it--just remember, it's John Carmack, and he wasn't really happy with Quake 2 or 3....

Old 11-04-02, 08:08 PM   #10
PenguinJim

Well I wasn't really happy with Quake 1.

Too brown. And ran very poorly on my DX2/66 (although I cranked it up to SVGA on my new P133/Matrox Mystique )
Old 11-04-02, 08:46 PM   #11
The Baron

Carmack was happy with Q1 from an engine standpoint--it was the first to do 3D, period...

Old 11-04-02, 08:53 PM   #12
fantomas
nazgul

who cares anyway, the game will be out eventually. **** trying to play 1 scene at 5FPS lol. I remember getting the kreed alpha what a joke. No weapons, a few rooms, one lame monster. just wait for the full game

Closed Thread