Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-02, 10:10 AM   #73
volt

Note that our announcement also applies to patches/fixes for unreleased software.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-07-02, 11:03 AM   #74
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy
Exclamation As far as the patch is concerned..

I was cruising along through Kazaa last night pulling down a couple of movies, and just for kicks typed in "DOOM3" in the software search field.
I got 3 pings back for the patch.
So it's out there. The leaked demo didn't surface, although many games NAMED Doom 3 were there, but were obviously fakes.
One was soldier of fortune 2, and another was MOHAA.
anyway...long story short, you can find it if you want it.
End of story.
Old 11-07-02, 05:20 PM   #75
The Baron

Quote:
Carmack is aiming for this to run on the Xbox too so he's target card will be GF3 Ti or there abouts. With tuning and trimming of details GF2 Ti should handle it okay.
Nah on the GF2Ti. Shaders.

As for some version of NV2x being the target card... yeah, but remember, you can hyper-optimize for Xbox because they're all the same. Plus you don't have to render in an insane res.. so it will probably be fast.

Old 11-08-02, 07:19 PM   #76
sebazve

Even thought the Xbox is a console you cant optimzed games as good as a PS2 or Gamecube. Basically the Xbox is just a PC it even use a crappled down version of Windows 2000.
Man people are already making emulators and are far more advance than the PS2 one. It seems that the Xbox uses .xbe (xbox executables) and it isnt "very hard" to make them .exes.
So at the end you dont even need a super power machine to run your games on your PC unlike PS2 emulators.

LOL the Xbox sucks
Old 11-08-02, 08:55 PM   #77
***CENSORED***
Enter the Homertrix!

what's dat gotta do wit da doom III?

SilverStone TJ06 / AMD Athlon 64 3500+ / Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI / 1.5 GB Mushkin PC3200 / Leadtek Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB / Maxtor 250 GB with 16 MB cache SATA / Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS / Sony 16x DVD-RW / Ultra-X Finity 600 watt PSU / ViewSonic 19" monitor / Windows XP Pro / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 / still the same crappy Compaq Keyboard and Microsoft mouse

People think I've stopped lying...but I've just gotten better at it!

Last edited by ***CENSORED***; 11-09-02 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-08-02, 09:15 PM   #78
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by sebazve
Even thought the Xbox is a console you cant optimzed games as good as a PS2 or Gamecube. Basically the Xbox is just a PC it even use a crappled down version of Windows 2000.
Man people are already making emulators and are far more advance than the PS2 one. It seems that the Xbox uses .xbe (xbox executables) and it isnt "very hard" to make them .exes.
So at the end you dont even need a super power machine to run your games on your PC unlike PS2 emulators.

LOL the Xbox sucks
Uh, sorry. That's complete and utter crap.

They got Linux working on the Xbox. They've got mod chips. That's the extent of it. One guy managed to get a BIOS image, but it was taken down by MS within 24 hours. It's ultra-encrypted at every stage (cough Palladium wannabe cough), and so there are no Xbox emulators. At least any that actually work... heh.

Old 11-08-02, 10:56 PM   #79
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by sebazve

LOL the Xbox sucks
that's ridiculous. the Xbox is fixed platform, it isn't any harder to optimize games for the platform than it is for GC or PS2. hell, with the extensive DX SDKs it is probably easier to optimize and program for Xbox!

also, PS2 emulators are farther along than Xbox ones, so obviously it isn't easy

Old 11-09-02, 04:07 AM   #80
moshpit

I'd have to say that I hadn't even played through the first "demo" level and was decided that no matter what, this game is gonna get my dough when it hits

Just playin through the levels with the default cfg was pretty enough to proclaim it the best FPS in-game graphics I've seen yet. That also seemed to run pretty smooth overall at a slightly downed res of 640. Just being able to play this comfortably at this lowly res is making me thankful for having gotten a 4Ti.

But then I said what the hell and dropped a HQ cfg I had downloaded in there and watched my framerate turn into a slide show. BUT WHAT A SIDESHOW!!!!! The eyecandy looked so close to Final Fantasy (except for the HORRIBLE 640x480 jaggy monster) that I'm already itching for NV30 to run that cfg with. At this point I wonder if even NV30 will run D3 with that cfg with AA on.

And after all that fun, I put back the original cfg and then tried something I knew wouldn't work but had to try. r_smp 1. Don't waste your time trying yet (note to Carmack- PLEASE, oh PLEASE put smp in D3!!!)
PNY Geforce 6800GT 256mb (OC 400/1.1Ghz)
2x 74Gb WD Raptor 10k RPM (RAID 0)
Plextor 708A DVD+/-RW
Aspire 520watt PSU
Thermaltake VM2000A Lanfire midtower
Windows XP Pro (SP-1) All drivers current (using XG 76.41 Forceware)

Old 11-09-02, 11:10 AM   #81
***CENSORED***
Enter the Homertrix!

I wish i could download it, but i got dialup
Old 11-09-02, 11:27 AM   #82
pelly

Er....rumor has it...there's a patch out there for the Alpha....if you install it, everything looks a great deal better....even adds more to the gui....

Just a rumor...

Old 11-09-02, 01:23 PM   #83
sebazve

Quote:
Originally posted by pelly
Er....rumor has it...there's a patch out there for the Alpha....if you install it, everything looks a great deal better....even adds more to the gui....

Just a rumor...

lol true, people are already made/making patchs for an alpha.

Old 11-09-02, 01:34 PM   #84
sebazve

Quote:
Originally posted by =SSC=The Baron
Uh, sorry. That's complete and utter crap.

They got Linux working on the Xbox. They've got mod chips. That's the extent of it. One guy managed to get a BIOS image, but it was taken down by MS within 24 hours. It's ultra-encrypted at every stage (cough Palladium wannabe cough), and so there are no Xbox emulators. At least any that actually work... heh.

true but thats the only thing that is stopping them for finishing the emulator, the protection. but once they hack that, well...

Look at the GC they dont even have that kind of protection but it is very dificult to make an emulator because all their hardware is propetary no one knows how the hell that thing work so the reverse enginering is a pain in the ass while on the xbox its an nforce with x86 chip.

hey just my .02
Closed Thread