Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-03-04, 11:41 AM   #1
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default status updates forum?

i'm not even sure if i like the idea or not, i was just thinking that there could be a forum or subforum or something that was made for status updates. this meaning basically "hey, i'm gonna go on vacation" and stuff like that. i know it may sound a bit dumb, but it's kinda pointless to post those things in the normal forum as not many people see them before scrolling away; but then you could argue it's totally pointless to post them in the first place, and i could agree with that if so.

just curious what you all think about it. pls dont flame me for this if you don't like the idea, i was hesitant to post because it could be flame bait, lol. like i said, i see the disadvantages, and am not sure if i would even like it, was just curious what you all thought .
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 12:17 PM   #2
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|
Default Re: status updates forum?

If Kamel offers another idea for the forum I'm going on vacation!

Nice idea but as Corey mentioned, its not really needed since most of us stay glued to these radiation boxes newayz
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 12:28 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

A fine idea except for the fact that neither I nor about 99.999% of others on this forum honestly care where everyone else is and/or what they are doing.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 12:36 PM   #4
MikeC
Administrator

I care, I want to know. What are you doing Ed teaching English? I am working on a 6600GT review this weekend where's everybody going? I might only care because I should be working on this review and am goofing off on a break.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 12:38 PM   #5
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
What are you doing Ed teaching English?
I'd get paid a hell of a lot more if I did. I got into the wrong racket.
Old 09-03-04, 01:38 PM   #6
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Spell it with me now: C-O-R-Y
H-O-S-E-R

C-H-E-E-S-E-H-E-A-D
Old 09-03-04, 02:48 PM   #7
juego

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
A fine idea except for the fact that neither I nor about 99.999% of others on this forum honestly care where everyone else is and/or what they are doing.
You're no really social are you?
juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 03:47 PM   #8
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
No E you d0rk, no E!!!

Spell it with me now: C-O-R-Y
O my bad, d0rkis™!
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-04, 05:59 PM   #9
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
I am working on a 6600GT review this weekend
*prays* Please god .. let there be some SLI benchies in that review

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-04, 06:28 PM   #10
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

LOL, i guess the answer is pretty obvious. yea, i thought it was a dumb idea when i posted it. oh well, i guess i'm only a little crisp around the edges now, as opposed to deep fried lmao.

while i'm at it though, the coolest emoticon in the world would be sonic the hedgehog when you stop moving him for a while and he taps his foot then checks his watch, lol.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-04, 09:40 PM   #11
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by juego
You're no really social are you?
Only when GibMcFag0rt's mom is around. Then it's part-ey time.
Old 09-06-04, 09:45 PM   #12
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

well... we have those little title thingers and location thingers in our CP's

why not just use those to say "on vacation" for the title and "gone till <insert date>" in the location or let us know where the hell yer off to so we can get all jealous and hack into and crash the computers where ever the hell yer going to...

accidentally of course
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote