Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-01-04, 08:05 PM   #1
corosus

Default dual screen woas

hi

i am addicted to my dual screens so when a buddy of mine had a creative geforce3 Ti for sale i checked if it had the ability to plug in two screens. unlike my old geforce2 400 one of he plugs was a different plug( for lcd screen i think), but i got a little adaptor , so it would fit - the card also has a tv-out, but that,s ot relevant right now-. I installed the card and i can not get the dual screen to work. i downloaded the latest detonator drivers, but nowhere can i find a mention of the dual screen option. right now the screens are running in "clone" mode but i can not find the menu to change it. i am running win2000 and i have lookd both in the display options and the desktop properties, as well as in the nview settings but can not find it annyware

Anny help is greatly appreciated, and i will respond to anny and all questions as soon as possible
corosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-04, 08:07 PM   #2
ricercar
fugue master

Arrow Re: dual screen woas

Sorry to inform you that GeForce3 GPU hardware is not multi-screen enabled. You need a GeForce2 for "TwinView," or a GeForce4-and-later (for nView) to enable multiple displays from one GeForce video card.

I believe this is one reason there were no Quadro3 cards released.
Old 09-01-04, 08:14 PM   #3
corosus

Default Re: dual screen woas

ok thanks
back to geforce 2 i go

could i get my dual screen back with an old pci- vga-card???
Old 09-02-04, 06:36 AM   #4
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corosus
ok thanks
back to geforce 2 i go

could i get my dual screen back with an old pci- vga-card???
Yes you can do that if you wish. You can make the GF3TI AGP your primary display, and just use any PCI video card for your 2nd display.

The GF3TI you purchased may have had dual heads, but the GF3TI never really supported dual heads at once. They offered that to give people the choice of analog vs DVI.

If you would like a dual head video card actually capable of dual displays at once I recommend the GF4TI, GFFX, or GF6 series.
Old 09-02-04, 02:13 PM   #5
corosus

if i had the cash i would, but i'm kindof broke right now, and this card was verrry verrry cheap,......
i think i will try adding a pci card, a friend of mine should have some lying around
Old 09-02-04, 02:15 PM   #6
majortom
Done

Send a message via AIM to majortom

Edit: No Flaming -- ChrisRay
- cool!
- oh wait, never mind. i just peed on myself

---------------------------------------------------------
Mein Comp!:
MSI 6380 kt266| XP 1700+| 512M PC3200 @ 266mhz | 80 gig | MSI radeon 9800 pro 128m (r360 core)| nec 2500a 8x single layer burn (dl hack)| thermaltake silentpower 420W PSU| POS generic case| Grado SR 60 headphones

Last edited by ChrisRay; 09-02-04 at 05:53 PM.
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 02:17 PM   #7
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Quote:
if i had the cash i would, but i'm kindof broke right now, and this card was verrry verrry cheap,......
i think i will try adding a pci card, a friend of mine should have some lying around
Any PCI card will do, even old school 4mb S3 or Cirrus logic cards

Note: you may need to tell the bios to make PCI the primary, but once you get into windows just set the AGP as primary. Otherwise the device manager may report the PCI card as not having any resources.
Old 09-02-04, 04:24 PM   #8
corosus

first of all thanks gator , one thought thou, if i set my pci card to primary, wont most games than automaticly use that card as the video card, since they don't support dual screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom
sorry to be such a pr1ck about it, but its spelled WOES. DAMMIT, GET A DICTIONARY.
i am sorry english is not my native language.

Old 09-02-04, 04:29 PM   #9
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Quote:
first of all thanks gator , one thought thou, if i set my pci card to primary, wont most games than automaticly use that card as the video card, since they don't support dual screen
Nope, it'll be fine. The games will use whatever display you set as primary in Windows and it will ignore the BIOS setting. The only reason you need to set that in the BIOS is so that the PCI video card can receive necessary resources. Trust me
Old 09-02-04, 05:58 PM   #10
corosus

ok thank you for the info, i asked my friend if he still has a card, and he'll give me one this weekend, so i'll try this weekend
Old 09-02-04, 08:35 PM   #11
ricercar
fugue master

Arrow Re: dual screen woas

corosus, if you're in the San Francisco bay area, send me PM and we can arrange for you to pick up an old GeForce2 PCI card to go with your GF3.

Stability is much greater with a GeForce PCI card added to a GeForce AGP card. If you have to install another company's drivers, plan for instability.
Old 09-03-04, 05:54 AM   #12
corosus

ok i'll keep that in mind, if possible i will try a geforce based card,
unfortunatly i live in belgium , thank you for the offer thou

*edit; i just phoned my friend who will give me teh card and he does not have a geforce based card, if i pay for the shipping, would you concider sending the card overhere???*

Last edited by corosus; 09-03-04 at 06:14 AM.