Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-07-04, 01:52 PM   #1
keerf

Default Morrowind Pausing Issue

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue. On a fresh install of XP with SP2. Morrowind seems to frequently pause for a few seconds (anywhere from 1 second to like 5) and then gameplay continues. I don't know if its loading things or such. It also only seems to happen outdoors. Not indoors, indoor settings seem to work just fine. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a fix perhaps?

Here is what I am running:

Intel 3.0GHz machine
1gig DDR Ram
BFG 6800GT OC video card (256mb of ram)
Nvidia 61.76 drivers installed. (I got the same problem with 61.77).

Thanks for any help here
Terry
keerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 01:58 PM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Morrowind Pausing Issue

what display settings are you using?

the game is very cpu intensive and really puts a strain on your configuration even for the newer setups...

I had little lag issues playing with higher LOD's so I just turned a coupla settings down a little and tweaked till i had smooth play...

now if its not related to the in game settings than I am outta ideas cept for game patches...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 02:04 PM   #3
keerf

I'm running the game at its 1280x960? config I believe. I have view distance set to about 80% I have shadows turned off.

Since I don't know if the game is running with certain AA/AF settings I couldn't answer there, cause I honestly don't know where I might find those. Unless they are just using the default system settings from my nvidia drivers.

Terry
keerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 02:15 PM   #4
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

AA and AF in the game? or for the card?

for the in game settings... go to your control panel for the card.. use a custom setup and turn off application preference for filtering and see if that helps any... i dont think you can set the AA/AF from ingame menu but its been a while since I played it

i can play reasonably well @ 12x10 resolution with effects turned down a bit here and there... its not perfectly smooth when there is a lot of action but its quite playable...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 02:31 PM   #5
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

You should know that Morrowind loads its main world in Sectors so to say, so if you are outdoors and it puses then the game loads.

I know you can tweak these settings in the morrowind.ini so the best thing to do is to check for a morrowind.ini guide if there is any avalible.
You can also make the pixelshader water update more frequently or in real time but the game gets slower if you do. So there are lots of things you can change in there.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 03:27 PM   #6
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Used to happen to me all the time.. Its just where its loading the next bit in. I thought the problem was cos I only had 512MB of ram at the time.. But it really did detract from the experience. Especially when you have speed of 100+, and its move a few seconds load, few more seconds, load.. etc..

Might try it again now I have a gig, and fiddle with the ini too..
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote