Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-07-04, 09:20 PM   #1
unknownprogramm

Default GeForce4 MX420 Tv-Out with 6111 driver not working

This could be a hardware issue...when I plug in the s-video while the computer is turned off...and then attach to TV (tv port is fine, normally have DVD player running into it and it doesn't do this)...it gives me audio feedback on the tv speakers. Turn the computer power on, it continues.

Ok...trying to run Slackware 10 with mythtv (which runs fine using just my monitor)...when I can get the TV to work at all (xorgconfig of dual monitors one being tv...) i get random scrolling lines on the tv screen...the whole left side looks like it's crumpled, and i get lines rolling horizontal and vertical. Tried the recommended refresh rates for tv...left them the same as my monitor...neither works.

Don't have another tv to try it on to see if it's the tv...but i doubt it is. So the question is, do I need to buy a new card, and if so what's something cheap to buy that works...I don't have a lot of money to blow on this, but need to get the tv-out working...

Other than this...the driver works fine, I get the little NVIDIA screen when doing startx...everything works great until I try to use the tvout...any suggestions?
unknownprogramm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-04, 09:21 PM   #2
unknownprogramm

Default Re: GeForce4 MX420 Tv-Out with 6111 driver not working

Oh yeah...and when I close down KDE while the S-video is still plugged in, i get wierd colored blocks all over the screen...system is still up, I can startx and have it come back up just fine...but can't see anything on the console.
unknownprogramm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 12:05 PM   #3
cleo76

hey, hi....

had the same problem as you, but fixed it...not at all, but almost....at least my tv out is working now :-)
just give me a few more details about what you did change at your x86config and what your x86config.log says and how you installed your nvidia driver.....so i will try to help you....

cleo
cleo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-04, 11:10 PM   #4
fatalxp

my tv out works fine, but when i shut down X and go back to console, either by exiting X or just CTRL+ALT+1 or so on, i get a load of mad flashing blocks, i can see that it is the prompt, but its massive and mashed up
fatalxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 05:35 PM   #5
blanc

Hi, I don't speak english normaly, but I will try to explain you my problem.. I have also a GeForce4 Mx420 but I don't now how to activate the Tv-Out under linux.. I plug my tv on it, but only my lcd screen work.. what can I do..?

Thank for response..!
blanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 05:44 PM   #6
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

See:
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/L...ppendix-h.html
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote