Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-12-02, 11:29 PM   #13
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
ummm....ok then...so you say it didn't suck, but it did suck? <g>

Kiddin. thats why I said it sucked...if theres nothing to play, I wouldn't want to bother. Same deal on the doom 3 leak, I doubt theres anything to it that makes it worth bothering. 'Pretty 3d' doesn't really cancel out '56k@36k downloading for seven years'
Well, sucks for you then. But, your opinion on both alpha's and the fact you think they suck is invalid. You haven't played either, so can't make any judgements at all. Plus you actually listen to the few newbie's that make those kinds of statements? Sucks for you again.

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 02:08 AM   #14
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by skipparoo
the doom 3 e3 alpha was more finished for comparison.
-Skippy
it wasn't very finished though. the levels were super small, etc. it was only about 5-10 mins of playing time.
Old 11-13-02, 02:12 AM   #15
SavagePaladin
info*****

Quote:
Well, sucks for you then. But, your opinion on both alpha's and the fact you think they suck is invalid. You haven't played either, so can't make any judgements at all. Plus you actually listen to the few newbie's that make those kinds of statements? Sucks for you again.

-Skippy
So my thoughts are invalid to you. So what? They're not invalid to me.

Bite me jackass.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-02, 02:21 AM   #16
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
it wasn't very finished though. the levels were super small, etc. it was only about 5-10 mins of playing time.
True, but from a gameplay perspective it was much more complete than the Unreal 2 alpha. That is what I was referring to. None of the levels were completed in the U2 alpha, and there was really only one level where you could actually shoot enemies.

-Skippy
Old 11-13-02, 02:24 AM   #17
skipparoo

Quote:
So my thoughts are invalid to you. So what? They're not invalid to me.

Bite me jackass.
What thoughts? That's my point, you have no thoughts on the subject, because you have not viewed the material. Maybe if you had, it would be different. But for now, you're just an ignorant little twit. If you're happy with that, so am I :P

Bite yourself flameass

-Skippy
Old 11-13-02, 02:28 AM   #18
SavagePaladin
info*****

Quote:
What thoughts? That's my point, you have no thoughts on the subject, because you have not viewed the material. Maybe if you had, it would be different. But for now, you're just an ignorant little twit. If you're happy with that, so am I :P

Bite yourself flameass

-Skippy
Oh so just because I have knowledge gained from words instead of a program, its invalid? Wow, I guess every book on the planet might as well be burned because they don't give you experience

Who started the flaming? sheesh

___
if you're planning on saying I did, I'll note to you that you insulted my intelligence.
Old 11-13-02, 02:34 AM   #19
skipparoo

Quote:
Oh so just because I have knowledge gained from words instead of a program, its invalid? Wow, I guess every book on the planet might as well be burned because they don't give you experience

Who started the flaming? sheesh
What a silly response. And yes, words you heard from another individual about either alpha makes your opinion useless. It's just like if someone goes to see a movie and they tell you it sucked. Do you take their word for it? I sure don't, because generally people don't know what they're talking about. Just like in this case, you have no idea what you're talking about. Download them and then tell me what you think. Oh that's right, you only have a 56k connection. What a shame..

-Skippy
Old 11-13-02, 02:39 AM   #20
SavagePaladin
info*****

Screw you, I'm not responding to people who insult me for no reasons whatsoever, and NO, I don't make opinions of movies or books from other peoples words.

My opinion on the prealphas is that to ME, they wouldn't be worth playing due to bugginess and general lack of content. Most of the time, I feel the same about demos, I just download them because they're out before I can get the game...except in the rare case I didn't already know I wanted it.

So I have different preferences than you, and I guess thats a crime.

Have fun on my ignore list.

Old 11-13-02, 02:49 AM   #21
skipparoo

If you call what I have posted an insult then you have some personal problems. But okay, we'll end this conversation. Thanks for putting me on your ignore list though, I think that's a first for me! :P

-Skippy