Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-02, 04:57 PM   #1
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Default DVS and the disapering posts

Why does DVS keep getting his posts pulled? I read the Warez warning at the top that Volt posted. Were his pics telling people where to get a copy of this? If they weren't then it should have been fine to post.

Marqus

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-02, 04:59 PM   #2
volt

It's not hard to read really. You guys either abide by our rules on that or pay the consequences.

It clearly states that anyone found posting links/pictures (attachments, or [img] tags) and asking where to obtain warez will be sent a warning, and their post will be deleted
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-02, 05:03 PM   #3
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Default Re: DVS and the disapering posts

Quote:
Originally posted by marqmajere
Why does DVS keep getting his posts pulled? I read the Warez warning at the top that Volt posted. Were his pics telling people where to get a copy of this? If they weren't then it should have been fine to post.

Marqus
my pics where showing in game action with my rig , not link to demo , but Volt wants no pics on NVnews , that fine by me
Old 11-04-02, 05:03 PM   #4
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
However, you can post links to pictures ONLY if that particular site does not contain any information on how to obtain the pirated software, or does not talk about it in detail
I'm not disagreeing with you Volt. I think your right in trying to maintain a level of control over these boards. It's just that I've seen ragejg post pics of Unreal 2 and that game doesn't come out untill Jan. 2003. I'm just wondering what the difference is here?
That's all.

Marqus

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
Old 11-04-02, 05:05 PM   #5
volt

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you Volt. I think your right in trying to maintain a level of control over these boards. It's just that I've seen ragejg post pics of Unreal 2 and that game doesn't come out untill Jan. 2003. I'm just wondering what the difference is here?
That's all.

Marqus
While you were replying to my post, I made some adjustments to his
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 11-04-02, 05:11 PM   #6
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

AW CRAP. That's not what I wanted to happen. Me just wuv pictures. Oh well. PM the link to those pics, DVS. I really wanted to see them.

Marqus

| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
Old 11-04-02, 05:21 PM   #7
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Quote:
AW CRAP. That's not what I wanted to happen. Me just wuv pictures. Oh well. PM the link to those pics, DVS. I really wanted to see them.

Marqus
Eh it was not link i don't have where to host them , i had attached them on one of my post but Volt deleted them

you can find similar pictures all over the net right now , only difference mine was with 4xAA and 16xAniso
Old 11-04-02, 05:35 PM   #8
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default hmmm...

So a pic without reference to source coupled by no mention of source is illegal? It's cool, I just wanna understand this better... So the public Doom 3 screenies/scans are bad too?

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-02, 05:41 PM   #9
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Yes. ALL pics are bad. even though:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, you can post links to pictures ONLY if that particular site does not contain any information on how to obtain the pirated software, or does not talk about it in detail.

Marqus

| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
Old 11-04-02, 05:49 PM   #10
volt

Default Re: hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
So a pic without reference to source coupled by no mention of source is illegal? It's cool, I just wanna understand this better... So the public Doom 3 screenies/scans are bad too?
Yours weren't legal where they?
And where did you read you can't post pictures from legit games?
All the ones I took care of were not from public reviews. Please correct me, I think I know what pictures came from where.

Old 11-04-02, 06:05 PM   #11
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

I was just giving you a hard time, Volt. Take it easy man. I'm with you. I was just wondering WHY they were pulled if they didn't have any info on where to obtain them. Next time I'll PM you, Volt.

Marqus

| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
Old 11-04-02, 06:09 PM   #12
volt

In my announcement I wrote: links or pictures (links/pictures)
Also and asking where to obtain warez reads as is. I don't see an "or" there. It's both pictures and info that I will hunt