Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-02, 03:01 AM   #13
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Thumbs down Re: Re: hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Yours weren't legal where they?
And where did you read you can't post pictures from legit games?
All the ones I took care of were not from public reviews. Please correct me, I think I know what pictures came from where.
But those pictures were from same demo as official pics just on different system and from different angle , so i fail to see the point of enforceing such ridiculous rule

sure i agree warez is bad and telling people where to get it is bad , and we compliance with it, but its only a picture of same demo Carmack gave official pics

Edit: lol i just read that nasty email Volt got from Id , LMAO Id Soft is on crack , whats wrong with posting same pics of same demo they showed on e3 and posted official pics

Last edited by -=DVS=-; 11-05-02 at 03:15 AM.
-=DVS=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 05:23 AM   #14
StealthHawk

because it means that people are using the leak, which obviously upsets them
Old 11-05-02, 06:30 AM   #15
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default my pics had nothing to do with a leak...

The pics I posted were actually (I'm almost positive) from the developer's website... downloaded Feb. this year... no fan page, no warez page, nuthin like that. I don't go to those places. They had nothing to do with the "leak", and everything to do with the developer announcing and posting progress... The pics I had were bundled on a small gallery with other incomplete shots (many of them wireframe) coupled with commentary captions on the bottom... I figured those pics had already been seen by many. PLUS the developers themselves have been leaking screenies for well over a year. If my pics had websites on them, or if I had a caption saying "if you can find more of these, pm me", I'd understand the removal. But for the reasons stated above, I do not understand the removal.

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 07:45 AM   #16
Mod

Default Re: Re: Re: hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by DVS

Edit: lol i just read that nasty email Volt got from Id , LMAO Id Soft is on crack , whats wrong with posting same pics of same demo they showed on e3 and posted official pics
How come you can read Volt's email ???

Volt, can you post it here ? Maybe people will get quiter after reading it.

PS: , first time a see so many posts from different people against mods' rules
Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 07:49 AM   #17
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

he posted it on one of the other d3 threads

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 02:02 PM   #18
-=DVS=-

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by thcdru2k
he posted it on one of the other d3 threads
Yep , if Volt would post it in announcment it would make so much easyer to understand the situation , right now only few people know it , and others arn't happy with rules
Old 11-05-02, 02:46 PM   #19
volt

Default Re: my pics had nothing to do with a leak...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
The pics I posted were actually (I'm almost positive) from the developer's website... downloaded Feb. this year... no fan page, no warez page, nuthin like that. I don't go to those places. They had nothing to do with the "leak", and everything to do with the developer announcing and posting progress... The pics I had were bundled on a small gallery with other incomplete shots (many of them wireframe) coupled with commentary captions on the bottom... I figured those pics had already been seen by many. PLUS the developers themselves have been leaking screenies for well over a year. If my pics had websites on them, or if I had a caption saying "if you can find more of these, pm me", I'd understand the removal. But for the reasons stated above, I do not understand the removal.

-r-a-g-e-j-g-
Find me a public legit site with that shot please.
You can post them on a host, not in here.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 02:47 PM   #20
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by DVS
Yep , if Volt would post it in announcment it would make so much easyer to understand the situation , right now only few people know it , and others arn't happy with rules
Not a bad idea, though why do you guys need proof? Did I lie when I posted the announcement ?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-02, 03:28 PM   #21
-=DVS=-

Smile

Quote:
Not a bad idea, though why do you guys need proof? Did I lie when I posted the announcement ?
you did not lie but people want to know why they can't post simple pics and why you takeing all this so seriosly
Old 11-05-02, 03:52 PM   #22
Mod

Quote:
It would give people a stronger emotional point. Besides, I can't find the email anywhere . !
Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-02, 04:01 PM   #23
-=DVS=-

Quote:
Originally posted by Mod
It would give people a stronger emotional point. Besides, I can't find the email anywhere . !
Volt have it i think he posted it once somewere
Old 11-05-02, 04:52 PM   #24
StealthHawk

what's up with all the rolling eyes