Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-11-04, 01:05 PM   #13
r2d2d3d4d5
Prole

Default Re: Tribes : Vengence SP Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908
The Open Beta version crashes constantly for me, but I have enjoyed it otherwise. This one should be good when it comes out.
there's a known bug in the MP beta where the game gets stuck when using an inventory station. the only way around it so far seems to be to use the shift key to change inventory. not sure if that is what you mean though.
Old 09-11-04, 01:55 PM   #14
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy

hmmm...scratch all that about the demo unpack going bad...i removed the exe from my storage folder on a separate drive from my main drive, put it on the desktop and started it again, and this time it allowed me to unpack it and get through the setup.

strange...
Old 09-11-04, 02:07 PM   #15
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Its 328.981kb here . btw i never got corrupted download from 3DGamers .

maybe its something wrong with your download manager ?!

as for know bugs .. here they are :

Quote:

Tribes- Vengence KNOWN ISSUES
---------------------------------------------------------

* The demo may not run on the systems using the following video cards: ATI
Radeon Plain, 7200,7500.

* It is possible for User to enter game with no control functions that have no
keys assigned, this is NOT recommended.

* Options Menu: selecting 3D sound crashes game to desktop.

* Game crashes when player exits Imperial Fighter pod in Chamber Fighter, where
Imperial Fighter originally comes from.

* Game sometimes crashes to desktop during fight with aircraft.

* Game comes up with a crash dialog box when leaving game.

* Installing under "Windows XP Limited user account" causes failed installation
and non-progression.

* Game cannot be started by user who lacks Administrator access in Windows XP.

* If Daniel's teammates get eliminated and reinforcements arrive early,
entering central bunker player loses life.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 02:31 PM   #16
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy

well, i've played it three times now from three different restarts, and the only funky thing i've had happen was the tank ran over my player, killing him, and kept smashing me until i fell through the bottom and fell into the ether that just keeps going..

the gameplay is pretty good though, this game seems like it's going to rock. i'm buying it, for sure...
Old 09-11-04, 02:56 PM   #17
r2d2d3d4d5
Prole

I guess the known bugs depend on where you look (these might just be for the MP game though):
Quote:
There are several well-documented bugs in the beta.

INVENTORY CRASH BUG

This bug results in the game freezing or crashing when you attempt to use an inventory station. This is a known issue and is being addressed by the dev team. There is no definitive fix but one suggestion is to close any extra programs while running the game.

FAVORITES NOT BEING REMEMBERED

Some people are having problems with the loadouts not being remembered. A temporary fix is offered here: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318589

SERVER FILTERS NOT WORKING

Problems with the server filters are addressed in this thread: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317608

SPEEDHACK BUG

Some players will find themselves frozen in-game due to faulty speedhack detection code. A server can disable this check thusly:

# Remove read-only attribute on the file /program/bin/default.ini
# Under [Engine.GameEngine] add EnableCheatProtection=False

More info on running dedicated servers here: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317609

GETTING DROPPED FROM SERVER WHEN MAP CHANGES

Stat tracking and team registration are currently not enabled in the beta. Activating these features can cause you to be dropped from a server when a map changes. Fix: Under the Multiplayer Profile tab, leave Enable Stat Tracking and Enable Team Registration unchecked.
(link)
Old 09-12-04, 09:41 AM   #18
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Okay, the game plays pretty well. Though, I feel that the level used in the SP demo is not really "Tribes". The AI is pretty damn convincing, it gets pretty tough towards the end of the match.

The new SP gladiator type game is pretty cool though. It definately does it better than any other future-arena type games. I like how the crowd react to your actions. The jet packs are on par with the other Tribes games, excellent. Graphics are on the whole good too, so is animation.

It's just too bad they didn't use a bigger level.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 04:17 PM   #19
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I took a couple of screenies @ 1600X1200 8XAA/4XFSAA MAX Detail

System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-04, 10:15 AM   #20
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Haven't got a chance to d/l this one yet, still hooked on the MP demo. Been switching between it & UT2K4 for the past week or so. Can't wait till this game goes gold
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-04, 12:08 PM   #21
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Haven't got a chance to d/l this one yet, still hooked on the MP demo. Been switching between it & UT2K4 for the past week or so. Can't wait till this game goes gold
So In your opinion, does it feel like a Tribes game? Or more like a Tribes mod on UT2k4 engine?
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-04, 12:31 PM   #22
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirney
So In your opinion, does it feel like a Tribes game? Or more like a Tribes mod on UT2k4 engine?
A tribes game? Sightly, "feels" more like a really good TC for UT2004. Maybe Epic 'll include it in UT2004SE?

Btw, saw yer post in the other thread regarding the MSFU contest. Are you currently apart of a dev team working on a mod?
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-04, 12:38 PM   #23
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

I just played the game a little .. yeah it feels like UT & its fun .. i'll keep an eye on it but of course i have my other priorities in the meanwhile like CoD:UO which is coming this week!!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-04, 01:51 PM   #24
jbirney

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
A tribes game? Sightly, "feels" more like a really good TC for UT2004. Maybe Epic 'll include it in UT2004SE?
Thanks for the ifno I played and really liked the first Tribes game way back. When Tribes2 came out my PC did not have enough ump to run it right and even after I upgraded Tribes2 just did not feel as good as Tribes did. I had read in other forums were people felt that this version feels more like UT2k4 (not that its a bad thing mind you) vrs the old Tribes game. Soo being an old time Tribes player I was wondering how this was going to be. Had it not been for Hurricanes, MSU Deadlines and trying to finnish off Doom3 I would have tried it by now...I know I know I am slacking

Quote:
Btw, saw yer post in the other thread regarding the MSFU contest. Are you currently apart of a dev team working on a mod?
Yes, I have been the team leader and lead coder for the ChaosUT serries of mods for the last few years. While Chaos was never the best mod, we have been around since the Q2 days and have been featured on 3 CDs now (ID's Q2 Extremities, GOTY UT 99 and ECE UT2k4) so we must be doing something right Chaos wont appeal to everyone. But we do take normal UT2k4 play and make it more...well... Chaotic, but in a good way
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote