Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-17-04, 06:38 PM   #13
Phoking
I smell smoke..

Send a message via AIM to Phoking
Angry Re: EQ2 or WOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
Yeah freaking EA could have had a hit on its hands if it would have made a true sequel to UO using a 3D engine and with all of its content. One thing about WoW that I like is some of the trade skills in the game that I missed from UO like mining, blacksmithing, and fishing.
My friend and I were gunna try Ultima X: Odyssey but they canceled it :/

The graphics weren't too cartoony but they weren't all plastic either.. It was just right.
Old 09-17-04, 07:05 PM   #14
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot
Default Re: EQ2 or WOW?

If you want a game by Richard Garriot (or has his involvement at least... not sure which), have a look for Tabula Rasa. It looks like it's gonna be very interesting.

Out of WoW and EQ2: WoW will be my first attempt at becoming addicted.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-04, 09:35 PM   #15
nrdstrm

Almost forgot, another game I'm looking forward to is Vanguard (Sigil Games) (Bunch of unhappy people when at SOE started it, including Brad "EQ and SWG" McQuad). He's promising alot, hopefully he wont fark it up like he did with SWG...
Nrdstrm
Link : http://www.vanguardsoh.com/
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-04, 02:38 PM   #16
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

WoW:
http://www.blizzard.com/wow/images/s.../all/ss162.jpg

Everquest 2 :
http://everquest2.station.sony.com//...eneral/058.jpg

Everquest 2 is the game ill be going for, cant stand those happy happy textures in WoW ever IF the gameplay is better, i rather be walking around in jawdropping graphical enviorments in a Baldur's gate like setting then be playing as a blocky character that doesnt look any better than the Warcraft 3 units from 3 years ago. I saw a movie of WoW where a group of units where attacking a dinosaur.. may look like fun to some of u but i for 1 dont like attacking a dinosaur that looks like its taken out of a childerens book and looks rather qute than dangerous.
Just my 2 cents....
2x1024 mb Corsair PC6400C4
2x80G Maxtor HD's, SATA, Raid 0
Creative Audigy 2 ZS, 5.1 Speaker setup
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Killall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-04, 03:04 PM   #17
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I think it's a sad state of affairs if people would chose graphics over gameplay, especially with a game like WOW or EQ
Old 09-18-04, 03:34 PM   #18
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I think it's a sad state of affairs if people would chose graphics over gameplay, especially with a game like WOW or EQ
LOL - I guess that pretty much sums up the average modern gamer.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-04, 01:30 PM   #19
spirited1

I'll be trying both. Whichever one suits me the most, I'm gonna stick with.

As to the graphics, it's not top of my list. Quests, battle system, clean UI, lore, guild system, risk vs reward, class balance, solo options, immersion are things which are important. Graphics come way down the list in a mmorpg.

I'd rather play a compelling exciting game that looks like crap than a great looking game that plays like crap.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-04, 05:09 PM   #20
xdaishanx

Regardless of gameplay either way I refuse to play anything that has crap gameplay and crap graphics

And yes in my opinion WoW is sorely dated graphics wise for a 2004 mmorpg
xdaishanx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-04, 05:36 PM   #21
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

So should blizzard make their mmorpg only available to those with insanely fast systems, they are trying to make a good product and make money, not just please a handful of people who have insanely powerful machines.
Old 09-23-04, 09:53 PM   #22
xdaishanx

"So should blizzard make their mmorpg only available to those with insanely fast systems, they are trying to make a good product and make money, not just please a handful of people who have insanely powerful machines."

Actually yeah I prefer that - that way two years from now it won't be through the third engine upgrade on top of older ones - bit cleaner that way

And its not like you cant turn the options down on EQ2 - I'd rather have the option to turn it way up or down not be limited to "ok" graphics

And I have a feeling you will be shocked to see just how many people buy EQ2 - it won't be "limited" at all

Other than graphics not doing it for me check out the WoW boards - have never seen more "733t" speak , immature rants/posts in my life - battlenet crowd is not my thing - to each their own but they are targetting two different crowds - and I for one am glad to have a game that USES the full potential of my high end machine NOW instead of a year from now when I will have already upgraded
xdaishanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 01:59 AM   #23
Aurthus

I'm still playing DaoC and will probably pick up the newest expansion for that when it's released. The biggest downside to WoW would be Blizzards fan base imo. Like Xdaishanx pointed out, most of them are teh uber 1337 Wc players whom never played an mmorpg before. Other then dealing with them in game, the pvp/rvr factor just isn't there imo.

Other then DaoC i may check out MEO (Middle Earth Online). Just hope they open up the orcs as a race and add large scale pvp into it
A64 3500+ winnie : Ga-K8ns-939 mobo : Zalman 7000b-Cu Led Hs/F 24/35* idle/load : 2x512mb Mushkin pc3200 in Dc : Aspire 520W triple fan psu : Bfg 6800Gt Oc : 80gig Wd 7200 hdd : 2x Rosswell DL DvD+/-Rw : Saitek Gamers Keyboard : Logitech mx310 : 19" Envision CRT : Logitech Z3e : Aerocool Aeroengine-Jr Bk

Wifes Rig :: P4c 2.8 w/htt : Ecs mobo : 1Gig Ram : Leadtek A6200TD 8x1/3vp : 19" Envision Crt
Aurthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 03:23 AM   #24
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk

Well I wouldnt discredit Everquest's 2 gameplay yet, Alot of the stuff going into Everquest has kinda been beta tested in EQ 1, (Heh good ole sony for you, throwing around EQ2 ideas into EQ1, I really like the idea of instanced zones and they work extremely well in Everquest 1,
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote