Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-02-04, 09:06 PM   #1
Donny

Default White Lines-Hence how can I install new drivers

Hi all,

Newbie to this forum. My problem is such. Just installed new Linux O.S (Caldera 2.2) but when booting into the kdm I only get a scrambled screen with jagged white lines. When I toggle to the text-only console I have the same problem. I know the installation was successful and I know ultimately the problem is attributed to my Nvidia Geforce2 MX video card (New Card old OS). Furthermore I think I could resove the problem by installing appropriate drivers from the nvidia website but how can one go about trying to install the relevant drivers if the screen is unreadable with this scrambled image?? This is my first time using or attempting to use Linux so any responses I hope will not be over complicated. Thanking all experts out there in advance.

Donny
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote