Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-22-03, 09:26 PM   #1
v8625

Default RH9.0 update whacked nvnet device eth0

Installed RedHat 9.0 (kernel 2.4.20-8), installed nVidia nForce driver 1.0-0261 from source rpm. Everything worked fantastic. Updated kernel to 2.4.20-20.9 through RedHat Network update. Now when system goes into interactive mode during boot and attempts to load network adapter I get the following error message:
"Bringing up device eth0: nvnet device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization"
Tried reinstalling the driver, rpm says such and such module already installed. Tried creating another nvnet device - would not initialize.
Obviously, if I boot with 2.4.20-8, it still works perfectly.
Que pasa?
v8625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-03, 08:34 AM   #2
geowiz

Default Clobbered

Each kernel needs the nvnet module (also true of the other modules too) to be created for it. So, "re-install" the nforce drivers. Download the rpm or the tar.gz and make nvnet and install it. Should be good netting from there.
geowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-04, 06:14 PM   #3
ricercar
fugue master

Arrow nvnet device eth0 seems to be present ... FINALLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8625
I get the following error message:
"Bringing up device eth0: nvnet device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization"
Tried reinstalling the driver
After three months of experimenting on my A7N8X-VM400, I FINALLY got my Red Hat 9.0 Workstation EE nvnet eth0 to work using the shell script installer instead of the rpm installer. Shell script installer 1.0-611:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d..._1.0-6111.html

Of course I installed the video driver and horked my GNOME installation, but finally the fuggin nvnet device eth0 DOES seem to be present.