Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-04, 09:10 AM   #13
jbirney

Default Re: UT2k4 Onslaught pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrewulf165
It was supposed to be 10 new maps and 11 new mods, am I the only one noticing or complaining about this?
Epic never said that they would include the mods in this downloadable add-on. You can get them from the mods website. Besides most of them have newer versions on their site vrs whats on ECE> And if Epic had included them it would have added up to about 2 gb worth of data.
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 03:47 PM   #14
sabrewulf165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirney
Epic never said that they would include the mods in this downloadable add-on. You can get them from the mods website. Besides most of them have newer versions on their site vrs whats on ECE> And if Epic had included them it would have added up to about 2 gb worth of data.
I know Epic didn't, but everyone that did a PR bit on the pack sure did. I know their reasons for not including the mods, but it still would have been nice if they'd been clear about it. A list of links to the mods' sites in the readme would have been cool, too.
sabrewulf165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 04:26 PM   #15
Arioch

It's free shiznit and people shouldn't be complaining about it.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 04:36 PM   #16
sabrewulf165

Good grief, I'm not complaining about the pack, I'm complaining about the misinformation that was fed to us (or allowed to be fed to us) by the folks in charge of PR.

Why do you all care so much if I gripe a bit, anyway?
Old 09-24-04, 05:04 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Because so many times these days companies come out with games and then basically abandon them *COUGH* SPLINTER CELL PANDORA TOMORROW ON PC *COUGH*. It is nice that they gave us some new stuff for free.

And I think what you are thinking of is the new edition being sold... it comes with UT2k4 on DVD and a bunch of mods I THINK (I might be wrong). But it is nice that they made it available to everybody who already bought the game .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 05:37 PM   #18
sabrewulf165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Because so many times these days companies come out with games and then basically abandon them *COUGH* SPLINTER CELL PANDORA TOMORROW ON PC *COUGH*. It is nice that they gave us some new stuff for free.

And I think what you are thinking of is the new edition being sold... it comes with UT2k4 on DVD and a bunch of mods I THINK (I might be wrong). But it is nice that they made it available to everybody who already bought the game .
I think I already agreed with you somewhere earlier in this post... Yes it's nice.

Apparently I'm an irreconcilable miscreant for being at all critical of the fact that we were given less than what we were initially told instead of kissing Epic's ass for giving us anything at all. I now see the horrible error of my ways, end topic.

[unsubscribe]
Old 09-24-04, 05:59 PM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

No, I am just saying you may have misunderstood what was going on... maybe http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245074.asp was what you were thinking of. That is the same thing... but only a new release with the mods. Maybe THAT is what you were reading about, and this downloadable thing is just the new UT2k4 stuff.

I am just complaining because people shouldn't complain about free stuff. I don't mind somebody complaining (most of the time) unless it is like this. So many other game companies don't even fix problems (like SC PT :\) that have been known about since the first release. Hell, Ubisoft even said some of the problems WERE fixed and never were fixed and still haven't after 3 other patches.

If somebody told me they were going to GIVE me $20 bucks for nothing. But then later gave me $10 I wouldn't complain since they didn't really HAVE to give it to me.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-04, 07:10 PM   #20
superklye

So wait, the first link says it's 84.4MB, but when i clicked on it to download, it says 18.8...what's the deal?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-04, 07:12 PM   #21
superklye

nevermind, the one Beyond Unreal is wrong. File Front has the 84MB one.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote