Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-02, 03:36 AM   #1
reyrey

Default TV-out

Well I'm quit new to Linux, anyway I sucseeded to compill and install the drivers for Mandrake 9.0 but I still have a little problem left, I wuld like to get TV-out to work,

Well it wuld be great to run 2 version of the X one on the tv and one on the monitor, well I dident understand that config file I needed to change from the manual so I have no clue what I shuld do. So any help is a real help,

/Thx danielw
Old 11-20-02, 02:53 PM   #2
jegeren88

Send a message via Yahoo to jegeren88
Default About Geforce2 + TV OUT + Dualview

Hi,

by default Geforce 2 doesn't support twinview, I've spent a lot of time figuring this thing out in ms-windows.
BUT
This guy http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm really did it for us Geforce2/3 guys, but he only seem to program ms-appz .
Follow the link above, then click your way in to the f.a.q, then choose "Does TVtool support Twinview" from the Software category.

My point is that it actually is possible to force Dualview with Geforce2 or3, but your monitor have to support 50Hz or 60Hz refresh rates during the dual view session....
I've been doing this on my MS-Windows XP installation for about 6 months now having no problem with it....

My point is that there has to be possible to do this under linux as well.

Didn't really help U out, but I bet a lot of people are gonna tell you to ugrade your card 'cause Geforce2 doesn't suport Dualview / twinview...

Well people told me that on ms-windows, and I almhost believed it until I came ove TV-tool...

I won't give up on my Geforce2 Ti combined with Linux yet.

I'll get back to ya if I come over any solution

Jegeren88
jegeren88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-02, 01:11 PM   #3
olov

Default nvtv

you have the excellent program called nvtv for linux, basically does the same thing as tv-tool for windows.
its on sourceforge, search for nvtv and you will find it.
enjoy!
olov is offline   Reply With Quote