Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-04, 05:25 AM   #1
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy
Talking MK: Deception -- FATALITY!

Here's a brief vid Ed Boon presented at E3!!

Beforehand, I must say that ...

* Scorpion's "Arm Rip & Batter Up" Fatality will probably end up on Jax when the game ships.

* Ed Boon is caught making a flub at the end saying Deception is rated E for Everyone. I doubt that very much!

* All 24 characters have 2 Fatalities and 1 Hari-Kiri (e.g. Suicide-Ality). Unfortunately, the Suicide-Ality is not shown in this vid. However, I did see one and it left me in stitches. Ermac was about to do his "Telekenetic Draw And Quarter" Fatality on the victim ... when the camera suddenly zoomed in on the victim!! The victim reached up, grabbed his own head with both hands, and gave it a violent, neck-snapping twist ... and then fell over like a tree.

* These Fatalities are leagues above those in Deadly Alliance ... especially Sub-Zero, Ermac, and Baraka!! You can hear the crowd go "Ooooh" and cheer when they see some of these. Personally, I really love how they combined Sub-Zero's classic MK1 and MK2 Fatalities (yes, all three of them) into just one of his Fatalities in Deception!!

Without further ado ... enjoy!

http://www.konqrr.com/MKDe/MKD_E3_Pr...ion_Fatals.wmv
Old 05-16-04, 08:25 AM   #2
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Default Re: MK: Deception -- FATALITY!

Heh, MK1 was the reason I bought a Sega Mega DriveII in the day
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-04, 12:05 PM   #3
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Shweet I cant wait and I hope they bring back Rain. didnt like the last two that much after moved to 3d but this one has me hooked. Me and liqud x spent our lives at the arcades back in the day mastering these games.

for or anyone interested midway is releaseing arcade perfect ports of MK 1,2 and 3 later in the year on one disk with other arcade games.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-04, 05:33 PM   #4
PsychoSy

I don't think we'll be seeing Rain in an another MK game for a long time, if ever. He was mainly a stop-gap character in Trilogy because fans got pissed over being teased of his presence in UMK3 (he was shown in attract mode but wasn't a playable or secret character).

Another thing -- Every stage has some kind of booby trap that may give you the impression of a stage fatality, like the meat grinder, the molten press, or being knocked off a platform into a spike. These aren't considered stage fatalities at all -- they're just a MK style "Ring Out". Some people are kinda of ticked at the lack of realism in it, tho, and feel that if you get knocked into the meatgrinder (or other booby trap) in Round 1, you shoudn't come back for Round 2. The match should end right then and there. The Midway team considered it ... and thought better of it as it would grossly award turtling. How would you feel if you battered the hell out of someone Round 1 and, when Round 2 comes up, they pulled off that one single lucky poke that sent you into a fatal booby trap, ending the match entirely with no third round? Sure, it's realistic ... but it would kill the gameplay because noobs would be milking mere technicalities in the gaming engine instead of learning the combo system or everything else Deception has to offer. So ... luckily ... that doesn't happen and it's considered a "ring out" instead. Heh, Boon's exact words on the subject were, "Realism sucks ... and who pays for realism anyway?"

To a degree, he's right. Too much realism in a game can kill its potential with certain auidences. For example, I think most of the Tom Clancy games have too much realism and I've never jumped on the Rainbow 6 Series bandwagon. I rented Rainbow 6 for the DC one day and was turned off immediately within seconds of the first mission. I took 5 steps and got headshotted. Therefore, IMO, Splinter Cell is the only Tom Clancy game worth a damn. At least, it was playable ...
Old 05-16-04, 05:49 PM   #5
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Whoa, is this a PC game?

Also, wasent there a really recent MK release not to long ago, i thought it had the same name?
Old 05-16-04, 06:44 PM   #6
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
Whoa, is this a PC game?

Also, wasent there a really recent MK release not to long ago, i thought it had the same name?
You try playing a fighing game with a keyboard and mouse. You better bite the bullet and get an X-Box. They also say it will feature online play, ass kicking across the country.
Old 05-16-04, 06:48 PM   #7
GlowStick
CoD4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
You try playing a fighing game with a keyboard and mouse. You better bite the bullet and get an X-Box. They also say it will feature online play, ass kicking across the country.
Hell yeah, i played virtua fighter and mortal kombat on my pc
Old 05-16-04, 08:39 PM   #8
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Man, I am gonna have to get an XBOX JUST for that game!!
But Also for...
Crimson Skies II
Halo2
Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Project Gothom 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Metal Slug 3
Soul Calibur II
True Fantasy Live Online
SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Conker: Live and Reloaded
*10 gig hd/superb DVD playback

....being a hardcore gamer I dont think I could live without a console so I bought all of them. Consoles can be also be fun if you guys give them a chance.

Old 05-16-04, 08:47 PM   #9
GlowStick
CoD4!

I do need a dvd player, hmmmmm
Old 05-16-04, 08:51 PM   #10
PsychoSy

After seeing the success of Silent Hill and Resident Evil on the PC, Midway's taking another chance by outsourcing the PC port of "The Suffering" out to Encore Software. If it does as well as it has done on the consoles, Midway could become inclined to outsource a PC port of MK Deception!

Quote:
You try playing a fighing game with a keyboard and mouse.
All previous MK games except for MK Deadly Alliance and Ultimate MK3 were released on the PC thru GT Interactive. They were compatible with gamepads such as those made by Interact/3Dfx and Gravis. Now, with USB adapters that allow the use of a PS or X-Box controller on a PC available -- either online or at Radio Shack for about $15-20 -- there's literally no excuse why the PC market shoudn't have a kick-ass fighting game!
Old 05-18-04, 05:29 PM   #11
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

Those fatalties are looking mighty good already.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-04, 08:25 PM   #12
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

wow those were cool! Kinda hard to see because of the picture quality... i dont reckon theres a better quality verison? Too bad I didnt see this at E3

I use to be a HUGE mk fan on the SNES.. I played MK1, MK2, MK3... MK2 was the best IMO

Last edited by jAkUp; 05-18-04 at 08:37 PM.
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote