Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-04, 01:51 PM   #73
Dr Keyzer
Ocicat Tamer

Default Re: Official Post your 3DMark 2005 scores with rig info and driver versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by strk
I'm getting 3992 which i think is low for my system any help will be appreciated for help in settings maybe i have something wrong.
Perhaps you've forced AA- or AF-settings in the NV-cpl?
"Starbucks has chosen very dark roasts to be their defining style. This is very smart for a large chain because darker roasts offer a stable recognizable flavor, carbon, which is easy to reproduce consistently on an espresso machine." (David Schomer)
Dr Keyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 01:52 PM   #74
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Official Post your 3DMark 2005 scores with rig info and driver versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmanfoo
dunno, but i notice all the a64s are scoring lower than the OCed XPs and p4s
you are noticing hte exact opposite of what I am seeing

stock a64's are beating out other stock cpu's...

oc'd a64's are generally beating out other ocd cpu's... unless its a massively oc'd p4... then its closer...

wrt strk's score... its lower than the average score for the cpu I have seen...

i ran my benchmark with azureus and other apps running in the background.. didn't seem to affect the cpu score too much...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 01:54 PM   #75
strk

no there off and i have it at performance but trillnear and anisotropic optimization are On.
Old 09-29-04, 02:08 PM   #76
AMC_Duke
Mea Culpa

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?dm05=7210

AMC_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:08 PM   #77
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Keyzer
seems that you have never seen an SLI setup in action before.. by your comments.. i have seen it.. in the 3dfx days in voodoo2 cards and the same people who designed it now works for Nvidia .. and the up to 2x times performance was real .but improvements only happens at the extreme settings resolutions in non cpu limited situations. it will be nice to enable max AA/AF settings and see how well the XT handle it . but 3dmark05 is to heavy for that .i will like to see you around here with the same face when real Dx9 game benchmarks appears in SLI setup ,last word was that TIm sweeney of Unreal3 was very happy with the results ,but i can imagine others telling you that they have been paid by Nvidia once more just to say that.

Last edited by Nv40; 09-29-04 at 02:20 PM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:12 PM   #78
aAv7

whoops...I noticed I had 8Xaf set in my drivers ....I put it back to app preference and now have a new high score...old score was 4,157 new score is 4,574 @ stock settings, not bad...I bet I could hit 5K with some oc'ing to the video card...
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:12 PM   #79
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
seems that you have never seen an SLI setup in action before.. by your comments.. i have seen it.. in the 3dfx days.. and the up to 2x times performance was real .but improvements only happens at the extreme settings resolutions in non cpu limited situations. it will be nice to enable max AA/AF too and compare.but 3dmark05 is to heavy for that.i will like to see you around here with the same face when real games benchmarks in SLI setup start to be released.
Good observation. Also had the test been ran at a higher rez than the current default, which is pretty cpu limited, there'd also be quite a diff in scores. Just like the old days, SLI is nothing to sneeze at.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:23 PM   #80
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

is 3dmark05 something that sli can take max advantage of?

if not it is unfair to judge the benefits of it on a single situation... the potential is great... lets not write it off just yet
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-04, 02:31 PM   #81
wures7

I only care about one benchmark right now until HL2. That game is Doom 3 and that is the game that I know for sure is being OwNed by Nvidia.
wures7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:37 PM   #82
Dr Keyzer
Ocicat Tamer

Quote:
seems that you have never seen an SLI setup in action before.. by your comments.. i have seen it.. in the 3dfx days in voodoo2 cards and the same people who designed it now works for Nvidia .. and the up to 2x times performance was real .but improvements only happens at the extreme settings resolutions in non cpu limited situations. it will be nice to enable max AA/AF too and see if the results . but 3dmark05 is to heavy for that .i will like to see you around here with the same face when real Dx9 game benchmarks appears in SLI setup ,last word was that TIm sweeney of Unreal3 was very happy with the results ,but i can imagine others telling you that they have been paid by Nvidia to say that.
Well I owned a Voodoo2 years (feels like ages) back and SLI was really tempting at that time. I'm feeling somewhat of a drool factor this SLI-time around as well.

I think itīll be interesting to see how far the OC:ers will push SLI-setups when they'll be able to attain them. The means as of how to apply cooling and power will probably impress me more than the resulting benchmark scores. If I remember correctly there were no heatsinks or cooling fans on the Voodoo2-cards back in the old SLI-days...
"Starbucks has chosen very dark roasts to be their defining style. This is very smart for a large chain because darker roasts offer a stable recognizable flavor, carbon, which is easy to reproduce consistently on an espresso machine." (David Schomer)
Dr Keyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:51 PM   #83
jbirney

Quote:
seems that you have never seen an SLI setup in action before.. by your comments.. i have seen it.. in the 3dfx days in voodoo2 cards and the same people who designed it now works for Nvidia .. and the up to 2x times performance was real .but improvements only happens at the extreme settings resolutions in non cpu limited situations. it will be nice to enable max AA/AF settings and see how well the XT handle it . but 3dmark05 is to heavy for that .i will like to see you around here with the same face when real Dx9 game benchmarks appears in SLI setup ,last word was that TIm sweeney of Unreal3 was very happy with the results ,but i can imagine others telling you that they have been paid by Nvidia once more just to say that.

That PR is nothing more than damage control as ATI took the top spot in this one benchmark. This way nV can say they are faster.

I think SLI is great for some cases. There are also cases where is not as good. Plus some uknowns on how much benifit it brings (is it x2), on weather you can mix cards from different venders (what happens if the card you bought 6 month from now has a different BIOS)? I also remember the FUD spread by one IHV in the 3DFX days on the evil's of SLI...but hey gotta love PR

Anyways having SLI is going to be a great feature.
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 02:55 PM   #84
nVestor
www.tntblowout.com

Don't forget this cool example... hehe

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37235
nVestor is offline   Reply With Quote