Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-04, 03:43 PM   #1
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default Keyboard and mouse bad or good for X-Box live?

I posted this somewhere esle but thought this may interest some here. It seems the XBox will be getting alot closer to being a pc with this new devise that allows you to use a keyboard and mouse. Found this thread over a teamxbox forums. It literaly has them scared, someone even called MS hotline to complain. Can you say ownage in Halo 2 on Live from the pc crowd if this thing comes to light? They even think of this as a cheat.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread...3&page=1&pp=15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EminaZ
LINK
VIDEO Halo using KB/Mouse combo.

What do you all with Live and and getting Halo2 think? Will this ruin it for those that dont have a keyboard and mouse? The XBox controller is pretty good with Halo but with a keyboard and mouse it will be a cake walk.

Last edited by LiquidX; 10-03-04 at 08:44 PM.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 03:56 PM   #2
LycosV

Default Re: Keyboard and mouse bad or good for X-Box live?

Seems a little unbalancing, but meh, what are you going to do?
Further explained: Halo 2 will probably be very similar to Halo and you move around so slow (especially jumping) in Halo that you'd get blown away by someone with a mouse/keyboard.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 04:25 PM   #3
Vash
Angel Arms

Having played both Halo Xbox and Halo PC, I can say that using a mouse/keyboard destroys some of the Halo-specific "feel". What will make things worse is that Halo 2 will almost certainly control 100% the same as Halo did - which means that people with keyboards and mice will have also have the aiming-assist that everyone else w/controllers does.

This could suck. But that just means that we'll have to get better w/the controller, hmm?
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 04:41 PM   #4
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Ugh, horrible, horrible idea. The entire reason I like playing on Live is because it's a level playing field for everyone and noone has an advantage (i.e. same framerate, graphics, control method, etc.). This pretty much destroys that continuity, so I might as well just not play console FPS games online anymore. Sad that this thing has to come out RIGHT before Halo 2 does, the game will basically be broken on day one. I hope there's a way MS can lock it out online (although how they would do that I have no idea). Well, at least this will stop some of the whining's people have about playing FPS on consoles.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 05:13 PM   #5
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I have to agree with you guys at first it seemed like a great idea and didnt see why so many were against it but on further thinking I also think it will be bad for a fair playing field which Live now has. The thing is I doubt MS can do anything about it but we will see with Halo 2 a month and days away.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 06:23 PM   #6
aAv7

I'd play my xbox 100% more if there was a keyboard and mouse. I understand the level playing field....but man...controllers just suck arse for fps's.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 07:58 PM   #7
Zeta

OMG this is the best thing since sliced bread. All the FPS noobs that can beat me at halo with a joypad I will finally be able to rock their world and show them what I mean about the differences between keboards and joypads. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is great!
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 08:19 PM   #8
de><ta
prodigy

Talking Re: Keyboard and mouse bad or good for X-Box live?

Poor console box kiddies. I think I should serve them some cheese to go along with their whine.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-04, 09:09 PM   #9
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
I'm on the phone with MS right now,anyone who loves XBL as we know it should call 18004MYXBOX and let them know how you feel about this XBL destroying device
Quote:
Anyone who does not understand the magnitude of this is simply stupid IMO,whatever now you M/K players can own XBL all to yourselves and force everyone else to quit playing FPS because of a controller that "doubles your hit rate
I think these two think its the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingspike
quit whining and just get better. or buy it, no reason to be a childish little stickler because somebody is pwning you with a kb and mouse. if i remember correctly i used to get pwned on quaker 3 for the DC because i didnt have a mouse and kb, but then i got better..... cry xbud
Quote:
**** you dickhead you are the typical asswhipe aggogant pukes that make me sick.
Get better you say!! well it's impossiple to get better than a MK that allows you to "double your hit rate in all tested FPS"
You think it's soo great that nobody using a controler willever be able to play on a fair playing fired again on XBL.
**** you and the horse you rode in on you arrogant self centered **** you just can't see the the other way can you **** face.
You give the typical bull**** line like all the other ****ers that want to ruin XBL for anyone not using a MK,"quit whining" "get some skills" you know what ****er there is no way anyone can ever get the skills to match a "double hit rate controller".
You can spin your **** anyway you want asswhipe but it does not cange the fact that once this product is released everyone using a controller on XBL FPS is offically nothing but cannon fodder and the only ones who can compete at all must use the MK.
So keep spinning your **** all you want but this is esencially a cheat device for XBL since it gives a clear and decided advantage to anyone who uses it.

That thread is hilarious, it's like the end of the world over there. I say give em hell.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 10:00 PM   #10
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Well yeah, it basically ruins Xbox Live for a lot of people, no wonder they're getting so strung up about it. It's like what Aimbot did to Counter-strike...
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-04, 10:21 PM   #11
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

meh.. pc's had this.. what... 8 years ago? hah
Old 10-03-04, 10:26 PM   #12
XP_GUN

^ and its still the best.