Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-04, 01:52 PM   #1
aAv7

Default Crytek deceives and has killed any future for FarCry

Today on the ubisoft forums, it was announced that the "rocks on the beach" scene and other i.q changes, WONT be implemented in the 1.3 patch and will only "possibly" be used in the 64-bit version of FarCry, which alot like the patch, is nowhere to be found.

I find it deceiving that they used this demo with I.Q changes during the 6800 launch party and E3, and told everyone these scenes would be in the 1.3 patch then wait half a year to say "nope not in the patch...but maaaaaybe in the 64-bit version)

Those of you with 64-bit cpu's, dont get too happy...as it was also announced the 64-bit version is nowhere near ready, and that they do not plan on releasing it until Microsoft releases a 64-bit OS ( they claim the beta doesnt support all 64-bit features needed) and seeing as microsoft is focused on longhorn...you can basically say FarCry is officially dead. All this time i've waitied and followed progress..or lack thereof...what a let down....I'll make sure my money never goes toward a crytek product again. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good game, but as soon as they got our $$, they abadoned this title and left everyone in the dark as to what was going on.

And finally, when asked about the 1.3 patch the same answer that has been given for the last 2 months was typed...."soon"

FarCry r.i.p
Bring on HL2.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 02:05 PM   #2
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

Default Re: Crytek deceives and has killed any future for FarCry

Who gives a damn...Im playing Unreal 2 again, and UT2004 to hold me off till HL2.
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 02:16 PM   #3
Riptide

Screw Crytek for this.

By the time they come out with the 64bit version and/or a patch that works right for everyone people will be like, "What's FarCry?"
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 02:20 PM   #4
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel17
Who gives a damn...Im playing Unreal 2 again, and UT2004 to hold me off till HL2.
I give a damn. When I buy a game its not a one time thing for me. I actually play games even years after I buy them. To me, enhanced graphics make me wanna play the game again. Just to see what has changed. I don't know, call me crazy...

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 02:25 PM   #5
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I new I was right a few months back when I said Far Cry is basically dead with most of the team heading to EA. I still haven't picked up FarCry and in away was waiting for this patch, so I guess I might aswell pick it up now with this news instead of waiting.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 02:26 PM   #6
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
By the time they come out with the 64bit version and/or a patch that works right for everyone people will be like, "What's FarCry?"
Yea really, they're almost as bad as Valve....
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 02:34 PM   #7
Xplode

You were expecting them to actually realese it???
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 03:06 PM   #8
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
I give a damn. When I buy a game its not a one time thing for me. I actually play games even years after I buy them. To me, enhanced graphics make me wanna play the game again. Just to see what has changed. I don't know, call me crazy...
I agree with you 100% I dont just play a game once and be done with it. Especially since 99% of PC games have some form of online play. The problem with FarCry is, they keep delaying this 1.3 patch that is going to improve gameplay online, thus making it simply a benchmark for me right now. I've played the SP more times than I want to remember at this point, and sure, maybe in a year i'll want to play through it again, but for now...no patch, which means no online play...there are no mods....no support whatsoever...which means in my eyes, the game is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
I new I was right a few months back when I said Far Cry is basically dead with most of the team heading to EA. I still haven't picked up FarCry and in away was waiting for this patch, so I guess I might aswell pick it up now with this news instead of waiting.
You might want to wait till early 05 when they finally do release the 1.3 patch, as it still will have HDRL so u can play it with a shiny glow
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-04, 03:56 PM   #9
Woodelf
I should be gaming.

farcry = resume
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 04:14 PM   #10
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

There ARE some mods in the works... but so far nothing has came out that I know of. The offset bumpmapping is already in the game so I hope some mods will make use of it for the environment.

I sometimes visit crymod.com and look in the forums to see what people are doing... one person has a really nice Shelby Cobra vehicle he is working on and I saw an ingame screenshot and it looks great so far. I also saw somebody with a working H2 in the game that looked quite fun.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 04:16 PM   #11
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

I dont see how an HDR patch would extend its life. HDR is very overrated

It was a great game, I play it from time to time, but there are better games, like UT2004...now that was the best buy ever..and according to gamerankings.com its the best PC game released this year
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-04, 04:35 PM   #12
Riptide

UT2K4 is the best of the year so far, IMO. I can't seem to get tired of ONS.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote