Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-04, 11:09 AM   #1
Pirf2

Default Q3A and D3 only in windowed mode

Hi,

on my Mandrake Q3A worked fine only a few weeks ago, but now I am using Gentoo, and Q3A and now also D3 are only running in a window with the size of selected resolution. In D3 it doesn't change anything to explicitly select "fullscreen" (wich already was by default), it remains and also restarts in the window.
Since UT2k4 runs fullscreen properly, I guess it has something to do with the ID-Engine, but since D3 uses a completly new one, it must be something very basic.

CPU P4 2.8, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 5700LE with 256 MB, TFT on DVI-D (could this be the cause? - but also had it earlier)

Thx,
Pirf2
Pirf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-04, 11:11 AM   #2
Pirf2

Default Re: Q3A and D3 only in windowed mode

I was not completely right - UT is also not running completely fine. It does not run in Scaled fullscreen, but centered, using its resolution, with a black border around.
But: Its not the setting of the monitor or the Nvidia-drivers. Both are set to "Scaled fullscreen", and Monitor-info in OSD also tells me, that the incoming signal is 1600x1200 (thats its native resolution and also my KDE-desktop setting).
If I could run UT2k4 with enough fps on this resolution, at least this would be ok ;-) , but I cannot with my current card. Switching Q3A or D3 to this resolution, keeps it still in its KDE-window.

Maybe both the same cause, maybe some missing ModeLines in xorg.conf or something - but they seem to by ok, they are copied from Mandrake, where it already worked, and KDE also can switch to any resolution I like.

I don't know any further.

Greetz, Pirf2
Pirf2 is offline   Reply With Quote