Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-04, 06:55 PM   #1
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Default Some CS:Source Questions

Can't access other forums from my work PC so hopefully someone here might know the answer to some of these counter strike questions:

1. Need to figure out binds!!! Need bind for 1 key to access grenade and 1 key to access flash. Right now its set up so you hit menu4 I believe and then have to toggle to nade or flash, this really really sucks. That toggle=death.

2. Need buy binds!!! would like to bind a key to buy (for example):
1. Colt + Primary ammo
2. Kevlar+Helm (if have money)
or
Kevler (if have money)
3. Desert Eagle + sec ammo (if have money)
4. Nade (if have money)
5. Flash (if have money)
6. Flash (if have money)
7. Diffuse (if have money and are CT)
8. Smoke (if have money)

Will need about 6 of these buy binds...
Not really sure how the autobuy is working but I can't seem to get it to buy nades

3. Change models. I like having not so serious player models running around like Rambo or Neo...

4. How is autoexec.cfg working now and how do I execute it. use to be "exec autoexec.cfg", but doesn't appear to work now...

5. How to do fast weapon switching, seems like it's slower now when swithcing from a M16 to a pistol and back...

6. Smoke is hurting my fps, is there any way to execute low poly smoke or other idea...

Thanks, for any responses, even if you can answer 1 question that would be cool. Also, any URL links to binding sites or model sites for cs:source would be appreciated. Thanks again....

rhuala

ps. See you on the servers, I go by name "DawG"
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 07:00 PM   #2
FierceDeityLink

Send a message via AIM to FierceDeityLink Send a message via MSN to FierceDeityLink Send a message via Yahoo to FierceDeityLink
Default Re: Some CS:Source Questions

1. bind x "buy weaponname; buy weaponname; ..."
2. CS Banana CS:S buy script generator
3. Not gonna happen until the SDK is released. Custom maps are only able to be made because the BSP version didn't change. The model customizations (e.g.: KyleB) aren't new models.
4. Put autoexec.cfg in your cfg directory (works for me).
5. M16?... You should start by memorizing the names to the guns. At least there's no scope delay.
6. Don't think so...

My autoexec.cfg:
Code:
cl_showfps "1"
cl_righthand 1
cl_autowepswitch "1"
net_graph "3"
cl_ragdoll_collide "1"

bind "KP_HOME" "buy xm1014; buy primammo; buy vesthelm"
bind "KP_UPARROW" "buy aug; buy primammo"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "buy mp5; buy primammo"
bind "KP_5" "buy awp; buyammo1; buy deagle; buy secammo; buy vesthelm"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "buy scout; buy primammo"
bind "KP_END" "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy primammo"
bind "KP_DOWNARROW" "buy galil; buy famas; buy primammo"
bind "KP_PGDN" "buy deagle; buy secammo"
bind "KP_ENTER" "buy vesthelm; buy defuser"
bind "KP_DEL" "buy hegrenade"
//bind "KP_SLASH" "buy shield"
bind "KP_PLUS" "buy hegrenade; buy flashbang; buy flashbang; buy smokegrenade"
bind "k" "+voicerecord"
If you don't like it automatically buying full ammo, fix it yourself. I like it the way it is...

Last edited by FierceDeityLink; 10-11-04 at 07:08 PM. Reason: autoexec.cfg
FierceDeityLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 07:14 PM   #3
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

2. What are the scriping names for weapons. I don't want to blow money on a script generator, besides I bet they don't even exist for CS:Source yet. Creating your own binds in previous cs is easy once you can see an example (using real names) and a bind command list and item list... Need delay and any little tweaks too, that's why example is nice

You sure about the autoexec and the way you showed binds. I'm talking counter strike source here... just checking so don't get upset. The reason I'm asking is cause when I was playing someone showed a bit of their binds and it looked like:

"commandmenu.res"
{
"menuitem1"
{
"label" "Buy (with ammo and armor)"
"menuitem1"
{
"label" ">$1400 - Pistols"
"menuitem1"
{
"label" ">$1400 - Glock 18 Select Fire"
"command" "buy vesthelm; buy glock; 2sec"

Which is COMPLETELY different...

5. The real name is the m16 or the m4a1 colt I believe. They now changed the name to Maverick or something gay cause the gun manufactures got upset (don't remeber the exactly why)

Hey thanks for the example code I'm going to give it a try tonight. Will the autoexec.cfg load automatically or do you have to run a command. If it runs automatically no need to reply. Thanks again...

I haven't played since 1.5, cause I hated 1.6 so bad so not sure what's been changed in between...

rhuala
Old 10-11-04, 07:18 PM   #4
FierceDeityLink

Send a message via AIM to FierceDeityLink Send a message via MSN to FierceDeityLink Send a message via Yahoo to FierceDeityLink

That's not an autoexec.cfg, that's the command menu that comes up with [I believe default] "h". The generator I mentioned is free and works with Counter-Strike: Source. The only thing different between 1.6 and CS:S weapon buying is the "buy" preceeding the item...

If you want to make a menu, you can, but I think it's a waste of time, because it's not like you'd ever need to use the numpad anyway...
Old 10-11-04, 07:21 PM   #5
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Thanks FierceDeityLink, that's exacty what I needed...

can you still by 2 weapons depending on what side you are with same key (editing your config)?

bind "*" "buy m4a1; buy ak47; buy primammo; buy vesthelm"

If cts you get m4a1
if T you get ak47

use the same key for both sides...

rhuala

Last edited by Vanzagar; 10-11-04 at 07:32 PM.