Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-04, 11:14 AM   #25
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

I never really liked Halo that much. I do agree with Jakup though. The graphics weren't all that great. As far as the AI and physics, ehh. But then again, this is my opinion. Halo is like Half Life 1. I never saw the big deal with it being either "revolutionary" or "a really fun game". It's OK, nothing special.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 11:23 AM   #26
ynnek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,364
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

yea, well, not surprised.

IMO Halo just had all the little details right in gameplay for singleplayer.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 11:54 AM   #27
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSun
I'l be excited when the PC verison comes out!
Then you'll be excited into perpetuity. There are no plans for a PC port.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 12:21 PM   #28
Edge
3d animator for hire!
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Well, at least this leak has revealed new information about the game. It sounds like system link coop is definatly in, and someone said something about the game having ONLINE coop! I really hope that's true, it would rule going through the game with a friend on Live. It would be awesome if I could find somone to play through the game wtih the first time...hmm...hey Vash...what are you doing at 12 AM on November 9th ;P
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:29 PM   #29
PSYCHODAD
cereal killer
 
PSYCHODAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: indiana
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Then you'll be excited into perpetuity. There are no plans for a PC port.
I would imagine that a PC port will come out eventually. i.e.more revenue for MS!!
(like they really need it tho)
__________________
System #1
CPU INTEL|3rd gen I-7@3.7ghz
16gb memory Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
PSU Siverstone Zeus 850w
EVGA 660gtx
Logitech G400 gaming mouse
Dell 2407WFP 24" lcd


Video Games -- Why waste good technology on science and medicine?
PSYCHODAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:32 PM   #30
Riptide
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 8,303
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Then you'll be excited into perpetuity. There are no plans for a PC port.


I think there's some legitimate disappointment though. The fact of the matter is that a market for a PC port does exist, and they could probably easily turn a profit on the project. So it does seem rather odd in a way that they are more or less ignoring those of us who would like to see a port.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:49 PM   #31
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brit in USA
Posts: 1,203
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

I heard its the French version. All the characters talk through their noses and they politically attack master chief ("Le Chief De Mastere") for attacking the Covenant on Halo without enough evidence that they are an immediate threat. They deal with the imminent Covenant invasion of Earth by holding a meeting at the UN to discuss possible economic sanctions. When Covenant battleships start to bombard Earth's cities from space, they promptly surrender. The game play involves running around and collecting as many white flags as possible.

I'd wait for the English version if I were you.
__________________

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:52 PM   #32
Edge
3d animator for hire!
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
I think there's some legitimate disappointment though. The fact of the matter is that a market for a PC port does exist, and they could probably easily turn a profit on the project. So it does seem rather odd in a way that they are more or less ignoring those of us who would like to see a port.
Oh there's a market for it on the PC, but also a lot more competition, and porting it may not be a simple matter (look at all the stuff they had to rebuild for Halo PC, and it still had problems and constantly gets flak for bad performance). Plus they already know the Xbox version is going to sell insanely well, so they don't feel a need to release it on another platform. And this time the PC version wouldn't really have any major advantages over the Xbox version (in fact it may even be worse, who knows if they'd keep things like voice chat and coop play in), aside from mods (and have any decent mods been released for Halo 1 yet?).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-04, 03:28 PM   #33
Riptide
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 8,303
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Edge I don't necessarily disagree with you on much of what you say there. The PC version probably wouldn't have many advantages short of better controls perhaps. It is unfortunate that porting things from the xbox to the PC is so difficult to do well.

Still, if there is a market for a PC version (which I believe there is) and they could make a profit (which I believe they could) then just because it's going to sell well on the xbox is no reason IMO for them to pass up additional profits by making a PC version. Business works to maximize their profits - they'd be silly to pass up an opportunity IMO.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 03:33 PM   #34
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
hey Vash...what are you doing at 12 AM on November 9th ;P
He's going to be playing Halo 2 because his EB kicks all matter of *** and might let him buy the game at 9 p.m.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 05:10 PM   #35
circuitbreaker8
 
circuitbreaker8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 655
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Ah, that sucks. Oh well, i'm still buying this game. Its gonna freakin' own : ) Better than any PC game coming out, thats for sure.
__________________
ll Cooler Master Praetorian WTX Form ll OCZ PowerStream 520 ll AMD Athlon 64 3400 ClawHammer CG@2.55Ghz ll Zalman 7000Cu ll DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb ll OCZ EL Platinum 3200 rev2 3200 @ 255Mhz 2.5-3-3-7(2x512Mb) ll Gigabyte X800XT PE 256Mb GDDR3 VIVO@580/580 ll Arctic Silencer 4 ll SB Audigy 2 ZS ll Logitech Z-560 THX 4.1 ll NEC FE991Sb 19" CRT ll 14.9k in 3dmark03! :eek:
circuitbreaker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 05:43 PM   #36
Vash
Angel Arms
 
Vash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 624
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
He's going to be playing Halo 2 because his EB kicks all matter of *** and might let him buy the game at 9 p.m.
Might... I'll probably have to wait till midnight. I only got Doom 3 early because other EBs were doing the same.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
hey Vash...what are you doing at 12 AM on November 9th ;P
Um, playin' Halo 2. I think it's safe to say that if you can do co-op over Live, I'll be looking you up you that week. And then whenever Sat gets his lucky butt back from Las Vegas, him too. Multiplayer over Live is already going to be freaking awesome; if they pulled off coop over Live, then the only thing that's going to get me away from my Xbox (or PC - HL2 is coming and which one to play will depend on my mood) is gonna be food or sleep.
__________________
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uncle Sam Wants You! ... to Combat Online Piracy News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 06-26-12 06:00 PM
Infection: DayZ Servers Hit By Malicious Software News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 06-11-12 05:30 AM
The Circuit: Do not track, eHarmony hit by breach, big data News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 06-08-12 05:20 AM
My UT2003 Tweak Guide DXnfiniteFX Gaming Central 48 10-30-02 11:59 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.