Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-04, 11:14 AM   #25
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

I never really liked Halo that much. I do agree with Jakup though. The graphics weren't all that great. As far as the AI and physics, ehh. But then again, this is my opinion. Halo is like Half Life 1. I never saw the big deal with it being either "revolutionary" or "a really fun game". It's OK, nothing special.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 11:23 AM   #26
ynnek

yea, well, not surprised.

IMO Halo just had all the little details right in gameplay for singleplayer.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 11:54 AM   #27
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSun
I'l be excited when the PC verison comes out!
Then you'll be excited into perpetuity. There are no plans for a PC port.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 12:21 PM   #28
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Well, at least this leak has revealed new information about the game. It sounds like system link coop is definatly in, and someone said something about the game having ONLINE coop! I really hope that's true, it would rule going through the game with a friend on Live. It would be awesome if I could find somone to play through the game wtih the first time...hmm...hey Vash...what are you doing at 12 AM on November 9th ;P
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:29 PM   #29
PSYCHODAD
cereal killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
I would imagine that a PC port will come out eventually. i.e.more revenue for MS!!
(like they really need it tho)
System #1
CPU INTEL|3rd gen I-7@3.7ghz
16gb memory Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
PSU Siverstone Zeus 850w
EVGA 660gtx
Logitech G400 gaming mouse
Dell 2407WFP 24" lcd

Video Games -- Why waste good technology on science and medicine?
PSYCHODAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:32 PM   #30
Riptide

Quote:

I think there's some legitimate disappointment though. The fact of the matter is that a market for a PC port does exist, and they could probably easily turn a profit on the project. So it does seem rather odd in a way that they are more or less ignoring those of us who would like to see a port.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:49 PM   #31
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

I heard its the French version. All the characters talk through their noses and they politically attack master chief ("Le Chief De Mastere") for attacking the Covenant on Halo without enough evidence that they are an immediate threat. They deal with the imminent Covenant invasion of Earth by holding a meeting at the UN to discuss possible economic sanctions. When Covenant battleships start to bombard Earth's cities from space, they promptly surrender. The game play involves running around and collecting as many white flags as possible.

I'd wait for the English version if I were you.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 02:52 PM   #32
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
I think there's some legitimate disappointment though. The fact of the matter is that a market for a PC port does exist, and they could probably easily turn a profit on the project. So it does seem rather odd in a way that they are more or less ignoring those of us who would like to see a port.
Oh there's a market for it on the PC, but also a lot more competition, and porting it may not be a simple matter (look at all the stuff they had to rebuild for Halo PC, and it still had problems and constantly gets flak for bad performance). Plus they already know the Xbox version is going to sell insanely well, so they don't feel a need to release it on another platform. And this time the PC version wouldn't really have any major advantages over the Xbox version (in fact it may even be worse, who knows if they'd keep things like voice chat and coop play in), aside from mods (and have any decent mods been released for Halo 1 yet?).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-04, 03:28 PM   #33
Riptide

Edge I don't necessarily disagree with you on much of what you say there. The PC version probably wouldn't have many advantages short of better controls perhaps. It is unfortunate that porting things from the xbox to the PC is so difficult to do well.

Still, if there is a market for a PC version (which I believe there is) and they could make a profit (which I believe they could) then just because it's going to sell well on the xbox is no reason IMO for them to pass up additional profits by making a PC version. Business works to maximize their profits - they'd be silly to pass up an opportunity IMO.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 03:33 PM   #34
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
hey Vash...what are you doing at 12 AM on November 9th ;P
He's going to be playing Halo 2 because his EB kicks all matter of *** and might let him buy the game at 9 p.m.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 05:10 PM   #35
circuitbreaker8

Ah, that sucks. Oh well, i'm still buying this game. Its gonna freakin' own : ) Better than any PC game coming out, thats for sure.
ll Cooler Master Praetorian WTX Form ll OCZ PowerStream 520 ll AMD Athlon 64 3400 ClawHammer CG@2.55Ghz ll Zalman 7000Cu ll DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb ll OCZ EL Platinum 3200 rev2 3200 @ 255Mhz 2.5-3-3-7(2x512Mb) ll Gigabyte X800XT PE 256Mb GDDR3 VIVO@580/580 ll Arctic Silencer 4 ll SB Audigy 2 ZS ll Logitech Z-560 THX 4.1 ll NEC FE991Sb 19" CRT ll 14.9k in 3dmark03! :eek:
circuitbreaker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 05:43 PM   #36
Vash
Angel Arms

Quote:
He's going to be playing Halo 2 because his EB kicks all matter of *** and might let him buy the game at 9 p.m.
Might... I'll probably have to wait till midnight. I only got Doom 3 early because other EBs were doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
hey Vash...what are you doing at 12 AM on November 9th ;P
Um, playin' Halo 2. I think it's safe to say that if you can do co-op over Live, I'll be looking you up you that week. And then whenever Sat gets his lucky butt back from Las Vegas, him too. Multiplayer over Live is already going to be freaking awesome; if they pulled off coop over Live, then the only thing that's going to get me away from my Xbox (or PC - HL2 is coming and which one to play will depend on my mood) is gonna be food or sleep.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote