Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-04, 07:43 PM   #37
Slybri

Default Re: Piracy Hit halo 2!!!!!

Let the kiddies dig on their lil Halo 2 TV game, shooting the silly muppet aliens while the big boys play HL2 on their high res Big rigs!
I think it's a euro leak anyways...PAL not NTSC. BUt still bad for the game industry.
Personally, I hate the Xbox. Big ugly green in your face thing with fat controllers and obnoxious games. And I hated Halo. Kids who never played a FPS before thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...
Sit those chumps down in front a PC for some Half LIfe! Make em cry!
Aiming with a thumbstick!!! Blasphemy!

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 07:43 PM   #38
XP_GUN

Well bungies p****.

http://bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?li...D-77A67E324180
Old 10-14-04, 07:59 PM   #39
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
Let the kiddies dig on their lil Halo 2 TV game, shooting the silly muppet aliens while the big boys play HL2 on their high res Big rigs!
I think it's a euro leak anyways...PAL not NTSC. BUt still bad for the game industry.
Personally, I hate the Xbox. Big ugly green in your face thing with fat controllers and obnoxious games. And I hated Halo. Kids who never played a FPS before thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...
Sit those chumps down in front a PC for some Half LIfe! Make em cry!
Aiming with a thumbstick!!! Blasphemy!
I suppose it was too much to hope for to avoid getting an idiot PC fanboy in this thread. C'est la vie.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 08:16 PM   #40
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

IGN says it was the French PAL version which is not in english that was leaked. All the more reason we cant trust them.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 09:11 PM   #41
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
I suppose it was too much to hope for to avoid getting an idiot PC fanboy in this thread. C'est la vie.
Meh, no matter what forum you go to you'll find idiot fanboys of SOMETHING: ATI, Nintendo, PCs, etc. They just aren't happy until they make themselves look like fools.

Anyway, that link about Bungie's response is actually kinda funny. I liked that last quote in the first paragraph: "Microsoft is currently engaged in a full scale investigation and to those foolish enough to partake in this piracy, you will soon witness the firepower of this fully operational battle station. "
Hmm, maybe Microsoft has a base on the moon with a giant laser that they're going to use to zap anyone who downloads the game

Although if this is a leak of the French version of the game that was stolen from the localisation office, that just gives people even more reason to hate France
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 09:15 PM   #42
wickfut

time to chip the old xbox then
Old 10-14-04, 09:52 PM   #43
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

Of course, if they ported Halo2 to PC within some decent time after the XBox version, there would be much less sales of XBoxes for Halo 2. It's all about the money...
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 10:11 PM   #44
Vash
Angel Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
"Microsoft is currently engaged in a full scale investigation and to those foolish enough to partake in this piracy, you will soon witness the firepower of this fully operational battle station."
A prime example why Bungie kicks ass: even when facing this big of a bummer, they still make with the humor. Their community relations guys should be outsourceable to other companies *cough*Gearbox*cough*.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-04, 08:29 AM   #45
Buenamos

I see many of you are bashing on halo, it's obvious that you have never played it on xbox with a bunch of friends online. Most of you probably have only played through campaign and maybe a little bit of multiplayer with a friend, or on pc multi (absolutely pathetic). You will never know how good of a game halo is until you play a big 4 vs 4 match online against an evenly matched team, somtimes lasting up to 2 hours for one match! It's nuts...
Yes, I know that a lot of you just don't like it b/c u played the pc port which is a shame cause that was a horrible port and didnt even come close to the potential of the xbox version. Some of you don't like the game just b/c computer games have better graphics and you might think better gameplay...I agree that computer games are almost always better, but until you really sit down and get "good" at halo, you won't truly appreciate it.

BTW, Halo 2 is amazing...it just adds more to the original.
Gaming PC: KOOLANCE PC3-410BK / SILVERSTONE ST70F 700W Modular / Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 / Swiftech Apogee GT Block /Asus P5Q Pro / 2x2gb 1066 G-Skill / EVGA GTX570 / 2 x Asus VH242 1080p monitors / Audigy Xi-Fi Platinum / Seagate 160gb HDD / Seagate 500gb HDD

Laptop: Inspiron 1520 15.4" LCD/ Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2ghz) / 2 gb RAM / 8600m GT / 80gb HDD / N Wireless / Blue Tooth

Media Center: AMD 4400+ / 2 gb OCZ Platinum / EVGA 9800gt / Audigty 2ZS / 42" LG 1080p 120hz / 3 x 1.5tb HDDs

Xbox 360 / Wii
Buenamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 08:33 AM   #46
revbatboy
My cream is fat-free.

I have a modded XBox(For Emulators and trainers) but I am not going to download it because I think Bungie deserves the money for their hard work.
Old 10-15-04, 12:31 PM   #47
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Halo 2 is going to rock my face

Halo > Sliced Bread
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 01:09 PM   #48
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

no AA sucks...

and thats all i have to say on that matter.

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote