Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-04, 12:46 PM   #1
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Default Few more Counter Strike Source Questions...

Few more Counter Strike Source Questions:

1. Game pauses for about 3 seconds during normal play, happens about every 2 or 3 minutes. Nothing seems to really trigger it (like lots of gun fire or nades), can happen at any time.

Yet fps=45, ping =60. Don't have any programs running in the back ground except for zone alarm. Also, run adaware daily. Downloaded and installed the latest nvidia vid card drivers. If I run other games like Doom3 or Farcry, there are no such pauses.

---system---
Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1, with latest updates from windowsupdate.com
AMD 1800+, 512MB RAM
MSI Geforce 4 Ti4400, Latest detonator drivers
Creative Soundblaster Live
Shuttle MN31N Mobo, Latest Drivers
Maxtor 80GB, 7200rpm, ATA133 Hard Drive
Sony DRU500A DVD Burner

2. How to link a key directly to access (not buy) nade and another key to directly access flash.

3. How to turn on/off talking. Can get annoying at time listening to people whine. Like to be able to turn it off sometimes...

4. Can't seem to really hear foot steps in CS:Source. Use to be be a big think I payed attention to, but now I can't seem to even hear my own teams footsteps when we start out. Is there away to turn up the footsteps volume? In the options menu I have it turned on.

Thanks,

rhuala
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 12:56 PM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Few more Counter Strike Source Questions...

Your thread was moved to the appropriate forum:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

And before you go there, please watch the flash animation linked in my signature. Thank you.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 05:34 AM   #3
aharding

I have the same problem as youe first question. It's really annoying and I can't find out why it's doing it .
aharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 02:10 PM   #4
Mudcrutch

1. Game pauses for about 3 seconds during normal play, happens about every
2 or 3 minutes. Nothing seems to really trigger it (like lots of gun fire or nades), can happen at any time.

what are your advanced video settings at? try lowering some of them. and turn zonealarm off.

2. How to link a key directly to access (not buy) nade and another key to directly access flash.

you can hotkey spot "4" but that brings up the HE by default. you can also switch to flash at beginning of round and hot key last used weapon which will toggle you between the nade of your choice and your main weapon.

3. How to turn on/off talking. Can get annoying at time listening to people whine. Like to be able to turn it off sometimes...

hit TILDE key and go to PLAYER LIST. mute from there.

4. Can't seem to really hear foot steps in CS:Source. Use to be be a big think I payed attention to, but now I can't seem to even hear my own teams footsteps when we start out. Is there away to turn up the footsteps volume? In the options menu I have it turned on.

better audio system i suppose. i think tweaking of footsteps is disabled in any way so people can cheat by cranking up the volume of footsteps only.
Mudcrutch is offline   Reply With Quote