Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-04, 07:02 PM   #13
Nitz Walsh

Default Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
They have that? Any links to where I can check it out?
They have that? If you mean "They've had it for years" and "There's almost too many varities to choose from", then yes.

Just hop on down to Radio Shack. $10. Supports force feedback.

There's Xbox connectors, gamecube adapters, N64 adapters, etc.

How is performance with this demo on you 6800 owners? I find setting special effects to high just kills my framerate on my xp2800/g4 4200 combo which apparently gives an HDR-like effect - anyone else?
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 08:41 PM   #14
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Just got done playing it for the first time... awesome game but it seems to have a few problems. It ran great on my 6800 ultra OC with no AA and 16 AF (will use AA next time I play) and the gameplay is fantastic. But when I fought the huge boss guy in the second level I ran into this little room... and he waited outside the door for a second... and then he left and then stood in a corner for the rest of the time , so I just quit out.

But I guess you CAN rewind time (better be a good explaination for it... I loved it in Sands of Time but he shouldn't have the dagger anymore...)
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 11:09 PM   #15
BrownHornet
HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA

I though it ran pretty smooth so far at x16af x4aa.

Just drive down to radio shack they should still be selling them.
Quote:
BrownHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 11:50 PM   #16
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Quote:

http://www.soyousa.com/products/sele...tick%20Adaptor

There are other adapters around the web. I've found adapters for almost all old consoles. Sega Saturn, genesis, snes, N64, psx, ect...
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-04, 02:54 AM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah I ran it at 8S AA and 16 AF and it ran great here... I still keep getting some bug with the second big boss .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 01:43 PM   #18
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

My impression :

its great IMO . graphics are cool with very nice shader effects (low Q textures though) . its not much differnet from POP:SoT . the free form fighting is cool as well . you can do different combos or even invent your own & use the environment also to your advantage.
performance is very good .. @1600x1200 i'm getting like 40-45 avarage (but AA isnt supported or may crash the game as the readme file mentioned !)

the only take on the demo is that you cant save .. not even checkpoint . if you failed you have to start all over which sucks very bad

also i had some bugs like game freezing randomly which result in game characters to stop responding .
in that case you have to start all over too.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 03:02 PM   #19
ynnek

I ran into a bug where my controls for my PS2 gamepad would work, after i quit and restarted the game.. Even though they were bound correctly for my profile, I had to redo them all again..

I'm stuck on the second stage? I went thru, turned the stick, hit the wall switch went into the other room, hit the other wall switch, drank out of the second fountain... but there's no wehre else to go? I backtracked back to the beginning where there were two other guys to kill. but thats it?

Ah, i thought AA wasn't working.... THat sucks!
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 04:13 PM   #20
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
I'm stuck on the second stage? I went thru, turned the stick, hit the wall switch went into the other room, hit the other wall switch, drank out of the second fountain... but there's no wehre else to go? I backtracked back to the beginning where there were two other guys to kill. but thats it?
after the second fountain move along the corridor & in the end there will be a deadly spikes gap on your left (in between 2 walls) . move along the wall to the edge on your right side & he will auto-hug the wall . then you'll need to jump the walls till you reach the top .

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-04, 08:15 PM   #21
laffTrax

I'm wondering why the filesize of the demo on http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=5641 is 472.98MB but the file size of the demo that i'm downloading from http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/pr...downloads.html is 262.2MB.

My download is still in progress from gamestop (so i haven't played the demo yet). Fileshack kept on cutting off the transfer for some reason.

****UPDATE**********
I just downloaded the 262.2MB demo and installed it. I saw the CG intro and was able to play the ship level fighting tutorial. I made it too some female who kicked my a@s twice and i had to stop for now. I wonder if this is all this demo includes or there's another level after this. Has to be a reson for the file size difference.

(oh yeah. i could really do without the heavy guitar riff soundtrack personally). Sounds more like "midway" than "ubisoft".

Sweet graphics though.
--that's my opinion and im sticking too it.

Last edited by laffTrax; 10-17-04 at 08:44 PM.
laffTrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 01:32 PM   #22
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Is the freelook with the mouse working for you guys? It doesn't for me. I am just wondering if it is the game or my lame Logitech Setpoint Drivers.
I don't think you have freelook on the first ship stage. Regardless, you'll hate the game with a mouse, it's meant to be used with a gamepad.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote