Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-04, 09:19 PM   #13
Arioch

Default Re: Crytek lies yet again, no HDR incorporated in patch 1.3!!

Well this is no shock. I think they pulled out most of the new content and concentrated on what will probably be the final thing they ever do for the PC version of the game. As soon as the console version is finished they are probably working on something new for EA anyway - I can't wait for Need for Speed Tropical Edition.
Old 10-15-04, 09:21 PM   #14
aAv7

lol.....maybe it's a tropical themed nba live game.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-15-04, 10:43 PM   #15
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

I'm in the middle more or less. The fact that they gave us a great game cannot be taken away from them so they definately don't suck. On the other hand they haven't fulfilled a couple of their promises so that's very negative and it has to be remembered. The thing is, why is there not a universal approach to all those companies, regardless of their big name status or not, that "lie" to their public all the time or are simply incapable of fulfilling their promises? Why does Crytek suck (since they "lied" regarding a long awaited patch) and Valve for example suck (when they've been toying with their public for an extented time too) but we forgive them?

Why people say "Crytek sucks for not releasing the HDR patch so i'll just wait or not buy the game at all" whereas almost everyone says "yeah valve sucks big time but damn, i'm buying it". I hope i don't get a fanboyish/totally subjective since one game isn't even out yet "because dude, HL2>FC". We're almost certainly talking about two of the best releases of the year here. I'm not interested in turning this into a Valve Vs Crytek flame, Valve's just an example of many studios that repeatedly bull**** their gaming public, yet not all of them get equal treatement imo. If every gamer was to have a black list, noting down EVERY studio/publisher that screwed sth big time without exceptions of the like "because they rock" i think some companies would be a bit more responsible.
P4 3,2@3,85GHz - Asus P4C800-E - 2Gb DDR-500 OCZ - 2x WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Creative Audigy 2 - ATI AIW 9800Pro - Antec 550W - LG GSA 4163b - NEC ND-3540A - Viewsonic VG700 - Antec Plus 660 AMG - Creative Inspire T7700 - Win98SE/XP
Old 10-15-04, 11:52 PM   #16
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Déjà Vu, swore I saw this same thread last week.
Old 10-16-04, 12:57 PM   #17
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCA M12
I'm in the middle more or less. The fact that they gave us a great game cannot be taken away from them so they definately don't suck. On the other hand they haven't fulfilled a couple of their promises so that's very negative and it has to be remembered. The thing is, why is there not a universal approach to all those companies, regardless of their big name status or not, that "lie" to their public all the time or are simply incapable of fulfilling their promises? Why does Crytek suck (since they "lied" regarding a long awaited patch) and Valve for example suck (when they've been toying with their public for an extented time too) but we forgive them?

Why people say "Crytek sucks for not releasing the HDR patch so i'll just wait or not buy the game at all" whereas almost everyone says "yeah valve sucks big time but damn, i'm buying it". I hope i don't get a fanboyish/totally subjective since one game isn't even out yet "because dude, HL2>FC". We're almost certainly talking about two of the best releases of the year here. I'm not interested in turning this into a Valve Vs Crytek flame, Valve's just an example of many studios that repeatedly bull**** their gaming public, yet not all of them get equal treatement imo. If every gamer was to have a black list, noting down EVERY studio/publisher that screwed sth big time without exceptions of the like "because they rock" i think some companies would be a bit more responsible.
I see what you mean, but I think the biggest difference is FarCry is available whereas HL2 is not. People have played and are bored of Farcry and now the bitterness has sunk in because these new features would have brought new life into the single-player game and the much sought after re-worked netcode would have made mp ..well...at least playable. Both have been skipped over, so now the realization for some of us, who bought the game under the false pre-tense that there would be hdr, sm3.0 textures, playable mp...(notice we arent even asking for mp to be fun....just frickin playable!) and other features is sinking in and we are feeling cheated.

Valve on the other hand, is also a "blunt-faced-liar", but for me at least, the big difference is, I haven't handed them my $60 bucks, so they can delay what they want for as long as they want, they get no money-I give them none. Crytek has my/our money and now decideds to skimp the features.

Valve = liars, but liars with thin wallets, their lies really hurt them more than anything else. Delaying a game ticks off a community, which unfortunately leads to more people warezing the game to "show them".

Crytek = liars, but liars with fat pockets, they signed a new deal with ea and it seems rather than support what's out with ubi, their jumping right on-board with ea and ignoring their first game. They have my $$, Valve doesn't. That's what ticks me off. Furthermore, Valve never lied about features they will put in a game, they lied about the release, but not about what the product is or will be. Big difference in my eyes.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-16-04, 01:00 PM   #18
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
Déjà Vu, swore I saw this same thread last week.
heh, same here.
Old 10-17-04, 05:48 PM   #19
Hajile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
They have my $$, Valve doesn't.
Not yours but a lot of people already bought the game through steam and what about all those people with the coupons from the radeon cards. It's been a year and they still don't have what they paid for to begin with =P
Old 10-17-04, 05:53 PM   #20
Ruined

HDR is in the patch:

From Crytek's R&D manager:
Quote:
HDR is in there. No plans to remove it. It's disabled by default. To enable it set the r_HDRRendering parameter to 1 (see config.cfg).
Check the readme file coming with the patch or my comments on the forum regarding HDR and Anti-Aliasing.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Old 10-17-04, 06:18 PM   #21
aAv7

My crying seemed to work

Old 10-18-04, 11:11 AM   #22
Pandora's Box

Send a message via AIM to Pandora's Box Send a message via MSN to Pandora's Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
I wish I could find a site that could report to the public, what crytek is doing/has done. They shouldn't get away with lying to so many.

the inquirer
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.00 | AMD Athlon XP 2700+ | 1.5GB DDR333 RAM | OCZ PowerStream 520Watt | eVGA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB Zalman VF700 CU | Western Digital 120GB 8MB Cache 7200 RPM | Western Digital 60GB 2MB Cache 7200 RPM | Athenatech A602 Case | Linksys WMP54GS SpeedBooster Wireless Card
Old 10-18-04, 12:24 PM   #23
rellingsen

From what I understand HDR is in the patch but disabled by default. This looks to be an official statement from Crytek

Blob The Toymaker
R&D Manager,
Crytek
"HDR is in there. No plans to remove it. It's disabled by default. To enable it set the r_HDRRendering parameter to 1 (see config.cfg).
Check the readme file coming with the patch or my comments on the forum regarding HDR and Anti-Aliasing."
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...1&m=9221064032
SB Audigy 2-Klipsch Pro-Medias 4.1
22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB
2-ATA 100 7200 rpm WD Drives
Old 10-20-04, 11:10 PM   #24
Slybri

Yeah, screw Crytek!
They pimped up thier game and teased us with fancy pics of hdr lighting which would be in the 1.3 patch. Now they get bought by EA or Vivendi or something to make some ****y console game and leave us all blue balled. Lying bastards!
Half a year later and where's all the amazing mods from "revolutionary" the sandbox engine? Just more islands!
I felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway. Stuck on that damned isalnd forever!

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Closed Thread