Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-04, 09:49 AM   #61
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Internet connection needed for retail HL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
So according to you we are not suppose to criticize any of these games are devs because they have families to feed, children to send to school and way too busy to acknowledge their fan base which buys their product which supports there family and them etc.
There's a difference between their fan base/customer base and stupid, whiny, slack-jawed retards that piss and moan about everything they can think of. Valve has no responsibility to these people, absolutely not. Unforunately for you, you and your kind are what's referred to as the "vocal minority", the implication being that most people are content with what they have and don't feel the need to run their mouths off about it.
Quote:
Also no one is accusing Valve of anything but merely giving their views on if that authentication process came to be.
No, that isn't true. You have all assumed that the process HAS COME TO BE, and that Valve is out to screw every last one of you. I'm not quoting anyone to prove this, just read through the thread.
Quote:
How do you know the consumer wont have to go through this process? The answer is? You dont, just like we dont know if we will have to go through authenticatio process. So everything you also say is speculation.
I don't know that they won't. I DO know, however, that YOU don't know either. This is a FACT. Because of this, what I said is not speculative at all. You are putting words in my mouth and twisting around what I've said. I'm not repeating myself again. My arguments speak for themselves, and you have not responded to a single one of them. Unless you have something constructive to add, do not bother responding.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-21-04, 09:51 AM   #62
karkrash81
Do you like dags?

Send a message via AIM to karkrash81

actually, this topic is not an isolated topic that only a few "complaining" people care about...go to planet halflife, steam forums, or any forum at a half life 2 site...

if valve can post and make an example of someone who tried to credit card fraud their company, then valve can release a simple document explaining the process of authenticating their games...

very few are accusing valve of anything... there have been some immature posts, but many are not...

this issue has nothing at all to do with Valve employee's responsiblities to feed their families or to earn money... that is just an attempt to hijack the topic... and i don't believe anyone has mentioned a conspiracy yet??

I'm sure valve will clear up the issue before november 16th...which happens to be the same day prince of persia 2 comes out...arghh...i'll be spending way too much money for sure...oh well...
My System: Athlon 64 x2 3800+ overclocked to 4600+/2 GB Geil PC3200/8800 GTS 320 mb/Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard/Logitech z-680's/Total of 760 GB of Hard Drive Space (2x300 + 1x160)/audigy 2/Two 20.1" Widescreen LCD's (Dell 2005fpw)
Favorite movie: Snatch/Favorite Game: NOLF/Song of the Week: "You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse/
What I'm Playing this Week: Nothing!
Old 10-21-04, 09:56 AM   #63
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrash81
this issue has nothing at all to do with Valve employee's responsiblities to feed their families or to earn money... that is just an attempt to hijack the topic... and i don't believe anyone has mentioned a conspiracy yet??
You can't just pick and choose words and sentences to respond to. You have to read the whole post to understand the context. You have taken my statements about Valve's responsibilities completely out of context here. The reference to "conspiracy" was not meant to be taken literally. The frightening amount of paranoid theories floating around here are very similar to conspiracy theores, HENCE the use of a "metaphor" (they'll teach you what that is in middle school, don't worry).

You'll find that for every person that bitches about Valve on the 'net, there is another person telling them to shut the **** up. There are many more who don't say anything. Whiny dumbasses are nothing new to any company. It is standard procedure to completely ignore them. People committing credit card fraud are criminals, and Valve was right to make an example of them. Stooping to your level and responding to ridiculous claims and accusations is a waste of their time.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-21-04, 10:02 AM   #64
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
People seem to forget that people who work at Valve are supporting themselves and their families on the income they generate from their company, and have greater concerns than whiny, pre-adolescent fans with stupid conspiracy theories.
aAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ninjaman, I think they're getting to you.

I think that it's funny that this thread has turned into a HUGE debate. We've gotten into faith, morals, and hormones.

Dude, I think the point that everyone missed is the whole "Oh well, everyone has internet" "Yeah, but *IF* they do that, it would suck" "Why are we talking about this in the first place?" "YOU HAVE A HUGE EGO!!!"

and then from there it was
Old 10-21-04, 10:11 AM   #65
karkrash81
Do you like dags?

Send a message via AIM to karkrash81

well ninjaman, any valid points you may or may not have are lost by your immature style of posting...i have been polite and civil throughout and don't feel the need to refer to people that disagree with me as "dumbasses" or "children"...any argument with substance would not rely on these methods.

I do feel that your points would be taken more seriously and be understood better without your insults...i have read every post you have made on this topic and i have agreed that you have made some valid points...I have never attempted to insult you despite your "abrasive" tone...

people that resort to these types of tactics are not taken seriously by me, and i think that many at these forums would agree with me...

now a topic actually related to half life 2...are the files that steam downloads to your computer in the format that they will be in when you use the game? do they have to be unpacked first before playing when you authenticate? the steam website is rather sparse with details....
My System: Athlon 64 x2 3800+ overclocked to 4600+/2 GB Geil PC3200/8800 GTS 320 mb/Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard/Logitech z-680's/Total of 760 GB of Hard Drive Space (2x300 + 1x160)/audigy 2/Two 20.1" Widescreen LCD's (Dell 2005fpw)
Favorite movie: Snatch/Favorite Game: NOLF/Song of the Week: "You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse/
What I'm Playing this Week: Nothing!
Old 10-21-04, 10:18 AM   #66
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

If you are choosing to ignore my points and arguments because of the nature of the posts, then you are a DUMBASS, and a CHILD. I am not "resorting" to anything. You have ONCE AGAIN completely avoided any attempt at putting me in my place, and spewed a bunch of crap. Thanks, I think we're through here.

And yeah, I agree oldsk00l. It does get to me when people can stare in the face of facts and so blatantly speak to the contrary. It gets my blood boiling.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-21-04, 01:37 PM   #67
Rampant CL
Lurking like a pro

Easy on the personal attacks man.

Secondly, I should point out that we have proof that valves steam system is flawed. The fact that people can download CSS and play it on steam servers without valid keys just goes to show they have some MAJOR security holes. Microsoft has been pulling validation on us for quite a while, and cracked version s are still easily available. Basically, the pirates are going to crack whatever valve comes up with so they shouldnt make it needless complicated to the point where it affects legitimate buyers, theres simply no point.
Barton 2500 | 7VAXP-A Ultra | 2GB DDR-400 | BFG 6800 GT OC | WD Caviar 120 GB | WD Caviar 180 GB SATA | SONY DRU-700 | SONY 16x40x DVD Drive | Buslogi SCSI Host Adaptor | SCSI Python Tape Archive | Red, Blue, UV Cathodes | UV Scorpion Window Etch | UV Lazer Led's | Plasma tube (inside the PC) | Triad of TriLight Case Fans | UV Green Sleeved 650W Achieve PSU

Folding for team nV News but this link doesnt work
Old 10-21-04, 01:50 PM   #68
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I definitely agree that any kind of software activation is completely pointless, and that the only thing it accomplishes is being a pain for the paying customer. But I was saying, we don't know how it's going to work. All evidence suggests a one-time registration through your Steam account, like all the other Steam games, and you can play/reinstall it as many times as you want without having to re-register.

As for personal attacks, maybe a bit overboard - but geez, he was practically begging for it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 10-21-04, 02:02 PM   #69
Knot3D

Yeah, but what if i don't want a steam account ? I'm just getting it for the main single player game to play on my offline pc, installed from the legally bought HL2 DVD.
Old 10-21-04, 02:14 PM   #70
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Then I guess you won't be playing Half-Life 2. I don't see how it could be that much trouble to get your "offline" PC online for the 1 minute it will take to set everything up.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-21-04, 02:42 PM   #71
Jocomp10

I don't personaly care what valve decides to do If hl2 isn't copy protected good, if it is then I will buy it and wait for a crack to come out becaus I refuse to use steam. If indeed valve dose require authentication that would just be stupid. O and ninjaman09 if you don't like speculation on the authintication system then don't read or post in this thread everybody else in this discusion has been compleatly civil, except you.
VID: XFX Geforce 7900GT @ 560/1700
Old 10-21-04, 03:41 PM   #72
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Way to get your two cents in to a conversation you weren't a part of
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Closed Thread