Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-20-04, 01:29 AM   #1
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default How to have a LAN game with bots

What you need to do is to enable the devmode key. Create server, then press the tilde key (~). it will take you to the devmode menu. Type in either bot_add_t for terrorists or bot_add_ct for counter-terrorists. To set the AI type bot_difficulty = 10 (can be whatever number you want. Even though they still have some stupid moments, i assure you that they do get smarter). Just so bots don't run around with one certain type of weapon, type bot_all_weapon(s? can't rightly remember atm) I have personally tested all of these options and it's quite fun to play around with. Good for extra practice.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 01:02 PM   #2
DMA
Zzzleepy

Default Re: How to have a LAN game with bots

I tried that, but it doesn't work.
I get a message that says: "The CSbot isn't available in the beta" (Beta?? ), or something like that. I really need some practice against bots. I'm usally dead within 30 secs online.

Oh boy, i think i'll stick to UT.
Old 10-20-04, 02:51 PM   #3
DMA
Zzzleepy

Never mind. I did a little research.
Apparently the bots only work in the cracked version of CS: S. No wonder bot_add didn't work.

/me slaps WeReWoLf5900 with a fish.
Old 10-20-04, 03:57 PM   #4
Fatman

Send a message via ICQ to Fatman Send a message via AIM to Fatman

Was that your subtle way of telling us you use a pirated version? j/k

I played on a server few days ago that had bots. That or some retards were playing. From the comments of the admin I'm more inclined to belive they were bots.

Mobile Rig: Inspiron 8600 - Pentium M 2.0GHz - 1GB PC2700 - ATI Radeom Mobility 9600 128MB - Hitachi 60GB 7200RPM HDD
- 8X CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive - 15.4" WXGA Wide Display
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 04:56 PM   #5
WeReWoLf

No... i got my version through steam.
Old 10-20-04, 05:49 PM   #6
|MaguS|

Then you shouldn't be able to use bots... Sorry but bots are not in the steam version... even the pirated version states that. Good job pirate!

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/s...hreadid=155551

Q-How come when I try to add a bot into my server it says that they are only available in the beta?
A-VALVe has not yet enabeled the bots and forgot to remove the beta message. Expect bots in a future update.
Old 10-20-04, 07:51 PM   #7
WeReWoLf

strange because i have steam, got counterstrike source from steam and am running the proper version. all i did was enable the devmode tool and do a bit of accidental digging. Why would i be a software pirate when i work in the industry that doesn't tolerate it?
Old 10-21-04, 03:17 AM   #8
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Heh, so now not only do people who pirate the game get it for free, but they get extra features that retail owners don't have? Yeesh, crazy.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-04, 03:32 AM   #9
mezkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
strange because i have steam, got counterstrike source from steam and am running the proper version. all i did was enable the devmode tool and do a bit of accidental digging. Why would i be a software pirate when i work in the industry that doesn't tolerate it?
Some of the histories biggest crimes have been internal jobs :P

But seriously what you say is hard to believe. The bots have been disabled in CSS since forever. Emporio's cracked release was the first to have bots enabled. It's one of the two most current CSS warez releases about at the moment. I sincerely think you are using this. I also doubt that you enabled bots with devmode in CSS Final as I just tried once again to make 100% sure and I certainly can't do it.

However if I'm wrong my humblest apologies. Please post detailed instructions on how you enabled the bots as I'm sure MANY people want this feature working on thier valid, purchased copies of CSS.

Cheers,
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ clear side door and all three fans mounted
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU
Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS Fanless
2 x Dvico Hybrid HDTV tuners
1 x Loewe 32" SDTV @ 1440x820 custom res via SVIDEO
(can't afford a new TV just yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVJoe
In defense of Cooper Lawrence : "I hate gamers and the gaming community."
mezkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-04, 07:48 AM   #10
WeReWoLf

What i failed to mention is that i did have the Emporio release before i purchased HL2 through steam. I got the silver release. I just wanted to test CSS and see if it is worthy my time. I was pleased by what i saw and purchased it 30 mins later and deleted the emporio. Perhaps that caused something with the full version? i have most definately purchased it.
Old 10-21-04, 09:25 AM   #11
|MaguS|

Nope cant cause anything seeing how the full version is still packed in the gcf files and only unpacks a small amount of files...

You can't really hide the fact that you are playing on a pirate copy anymore... if you bought it now. Good... but your still a dirty pirate...
Old 10-21-04, 07:06 PM   #12
WeReWoLf

and you justify this how? i didn't download it, (well i did but through steam, so that doesn't count) i only put it on my machine for LAN purposes only from someone else's. Money didn't exchange hands for it and i haven't sold it to anyone else. that excludes all terms of being a software pirate. but if you must condemn me in your eyes then "yargh me hearties"