Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Which game do you expect to be better?
Halo 2 13 14.29%
Half-Life 2 71 78.02%
Is this thread lame? 7 7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-04, 11:42 PM   #25
circuitbreaker8

Default Re: Halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2

Well your posting low quality pics taken on a digital camera to compare. Halo 1 on xbox was one of the best looking games for its time.
ll Cooler Master Praetorian WTX Form ll OCZ PowerStream 520 ll AMD Athlon 64 3400 ClawHammer CG@2.55Ghz ll Zalman 7000Cu ll DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb ll OCZ EL Platinum 3200 rev2 3200 @ 255Mhz 2.5-3-3-7(2x512Mb) ll Gigabyte X800XT PE 256Mb GDDR3 VIVO@580/580 ll Arctic Silencer 4 ll SB Audigy 2 ZS ll Logitech Z-560 THX 4.1 ll NEC FE991Sb 19" CRT ll 14.9k in 3dmark03! :eek:
circuitbreaker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 11:45 PM   #26
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Lightbulb Re: Halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitbreaker8
Uh, this aint bad for a 150$ console

[*IMG]http://img19.exs.cx/img19/5848/562116_20040616_screen014.jpg[/IMG]

and this isnt that great considering it has almost unlimited hardware capabilities...

[*IMG]http://img19.exs.cx/img19/5497/914642_20040429_screen001.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry but you must be either blind or have no objective view .

Halo 2 is outdated (Is basicly same Halo engine), just look at textures bland , characters low poly ,low pixel shader effects ... its fun game but thats all about it , physic engine none existant.

Halflife 2 , higher res textures ,high poly characters with animated faces , lotsa shader effects HDR effects and lots more , and superb Physics engine.

Its not even contest one is hightech PC game and other remake of original console game Offcourse both are fun to play we not talking about that.And looking at poll big majority agree.
Old 10-20-04, 11:58 PM   #27
mezkal

The majority don't own XBOXes. The 'majority' (especially with you as its leader) are ignorant.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ clear side door and all three fans mounted
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU
Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS Fanless
2 x Dvico Hybrid HDTV tuners
1 x Loewe 32" SDTV @ 1440x820 custom res via SVIDEO
(can't afford a new TV just yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVJoe
In defense of Cooper Lawrence : "I hate gamers and the gaming community."
mezkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-04, 12:14 AM   #28
-=DVS=-

Talking Re: Halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezkal
The majority don't own XBOXes. The 'majority' (especially with you as its leader) are ignorant.
wow a leader im honored

And im sure as a XBOX owner you are very none ignorant and compare low spec console to PC

Simple fact graphics can't be better on low spec console game compared to possibilitys of latest PC GPU's (technicaly not possible unleas offcourse you code badly for particular PC game and well for console game), they can be made to be more fun , and look good.
But we compare Halo 2 to HalfLife 2 and one owns another at those points. Noone is saying Halo 2 is bad , its just not as good as HalfLife 2
Old 10-21-04, 12:45 AM   #29
mezkal

Your grounds for comparison are PATHETIC. You are a consumerist slave.

I know a great many COMMODORE 64 games that trounce anything that has ever been released on the PC. Games are about gameplay, first and foremost. This is the case for many people as the rise in emulation has well shown. Many people are retreating back to halcyon days when games weren't the lugrubrious commercial and mass media enterprises they've now become.

Personally I OWN BOTH Halo 2 (pre ordered) and Half Life 2 (just purchased). I will enjoy both on thier OWN MERITS.

DVS. Shut up.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU

Quote:
Old 10-21-04, 12:51 AM   #30
-=DVS=-

Thumbs down Re: Halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2

Id say you shut up , half of us were compareing graphics not game play untill you came , and its obvious you can't read as i never said Halo gameplay sucks
Old 10-21-04, 12:56 AM   #31
mezkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
wow a leader im honored

And im sure as a XBOX owner you are very none ignorant and compare low spec console to PC

Simple fact graphics can't be better on low spec console game compared to possibilitys of latest PC GPU's (technicaly not possible unleas offcourse you code badly for particular PC game and well for console game), they can be made to be more fun , and look good.
But we compare Halo 2 to HalfLife 2 and one owns another at those points. Noone is saying Halo 2 is bad , its just not as good as HalfLife 2
You ARE saying that HALO 2 is "not as good" as HL 2.

Just how do you define that? Infact. Heh. HOW THE HELL DO YOU EVEN KNOW? You haven't played either.

Jesus.

Shut. Up.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU

Quote:
Old 10-21-04, 01:02 AM   #32
aAv7

He's baaaaack. Being as polite as ever too! Way to go Mezkal! He gets no so he tries to hand out
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-04, 01:05 AM   #33
mezkal

Yes and ultimate17 can't cry any more abt 'lying' Crytek so he comes here to hand out smilies and ignorant banter.

Wheee.

It's a normal day @ Nvnews forums.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU

Quote:
Old 10-21-04, 01:17 AM   #34
-=DVS=-

Talking Re: Halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2

mezkal its now obvious you have some serious issues maybe you should not drink those green / orange pills .

Offcourse we can't compare gameplay alone so we compare rest of things, you know gameplay is made of alot of factors and what facts we do have about these unreleased games , HalfLife 2 is > then Halo 2 , at those points who make a computer game as whole experience.
Is that clear enough for you i don't think i can explain better then that for a child.
Old 10-21-04, 01:57 AM   #35
mezkal

Thanks for the personal attack.

Cheers.

There's no need for you to explain to me what I was already saying to YOU 4 or 5 post back. Remember? The COMMODORE 64 games comment?

Gameplay is king. Graphics gets bums on seats for sure but gameplay keeps em there.

Now let me preface what I'm about to say by CLARIFYING myself for you:-

As I said I will OWN BOTH GAMES. Got that? I have no sides here. I'm a fan of both games therefore I can't be called a 'fanboy' here. Certainly not in any way that will allow you to shape this conversation into a fanboy arguement.

My issue with your comments DVS, is that you seem to say that the fact HL2's DX9 renderer running on a modern PC technically beats HALO2's DX8.1 (with enhanced shaders) renderer running on three year old tech means to IMPLY that HL2 is a better game than HALO 2.

Note that I said RENDERER. For that is all you have brought forth as so called 'evidence' that HALO 2 will live in Half Life 2's shadow. You have no evidence nor means to test any of the other aspects (GAMEPLAY, LOAD TIMES, MULTIPLAYER ENJOYMENT) of either game.

That is why I told to shut up. You seem to think that your rabid Half Life 2 fanboyism equates to discussion. It doesn't.
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU

Quote:
Old 10-21-04, 02:21 AM   #36
-=DVS=-

Exclamation Re: Halo 2 vs. Half-Life 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezkal
Thanks for the personal attack.

Cheers.

There's no need for you to explain to me what I was already saying to YOU 4 or 5 post back. Remember? The COMMODORE 64 games comment?

Gameplay is king. Graphics gets bums on seats for sure but gameplay keeps em there.

Now let me preface what I'm about to say by CLARIFYING myself for you:-

As I said I will OWN BOTH GAMES. Got that? I have no sides here. I'm a fan of both games therefore I can't be called a 'fanboy' here. Certainly not in any way that will allow you to shape this conversation into a fanboy arguement.

My issue with your comments DVS, is that you seem to say that the fact HL2's DX9 renderer running on a modern PC technically beats HALO2's DX8.1 (with enhanced shaders) renderer running on three year old tech means to IMPLY that HL2 is a better game than HALO 2.

Note that I said RENDERER. For that is all you have brought forth as so called 'evidence' that HALO 2 will live in Half Life 2's shadow. You have no evidence nor means to test any of the other aspects (GAMEPLAY, LOAD TIMES, MULTIPLAYER ENJOYMENT) of either game.

That is why I told to shut up. You seem to think that your rabid Half Life 2 fanboyism equates to discussion. It doesn't.

Please your the one who stared with personal attack i never in all my post compared game play alone i was compareing graphics.

*ME*
Quote:
Sorry but you must be either blind or have no objective view .

Halo 2 is outdated (Is basicly same Halo engine), just look at textures bland , characters low poly ,low pixel shader effects ... its fun game but thats all about it , physic engine none existant.

Halflife 2 , higher res textures ,high poly characters with animated faces , lotsa shader effects HDR effects and lots more , and superb Physics engine.

Its not even contest one is hightech PC game and other remake of original console game Offcourse both are fun to play we not talking about that.And looking at poll big majority agree

*YOU*
Quote:
Maybe you should reread post more carefully before flameing someone . And as to your gameplay comment as i said there is alot of factors who make FUN game play , yes there is alot of thing we don't know and i perfectly said what parts of those games we do know and that is graphics what i was compareing and physic engine as reference we have alot of *Pics,Movies, Technical info how games are made , comment from developers, ect* I even said Halo is fun game, im pretty sure they both will be fun , but once you get past fun part there will be other things to make one better then other

Lamens terms Halo 2 is same Halo with different graphics ( and we all know what Halo had to offer lotsa FPS shooting fun and cars)
HalfLife 2 will have same FPS shooting part + Physics engine part ( extra fun ) and graphics that what i was mainly talking im writeing english em i not ?.

Edit: now offcourse if you find Halo 2 graphics better then HalfLife 2 ( personaly in your opinion ) thats should be perfectly fine by anyone, note my first comment about this

Quote:
Halo 2 is outdated compared to Half Life 2 In Graphic departament and Physics engine, in my opinion anyways.

Last edited by -=DVS=-; 10-21-04 at 02:39 AM.
-=DVS=- is offline   Reply With Quote