Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-20-04, 02:58 PM   #1
Son Goku

Default NVN slooooooooooooooow!!! on OC-3 connection here

I'm not sure what others are experiencing, but logged into forums before class here at uni. They have an OC-3 line comming into this place, which then branches out onto a local 100 Base T fast ethernet (all switched as far as I know). The pages on nvn (both the front page and all forum pages) are loading extremely slow (according to the connection thing in win2k for the NIC card, the transfer rates to this site seem slower then a 56k dialup right now.

Not sure if it's the lab computer here, or given the history on this site if it's the nvn servers. Needless to say, the home page in this browser had no trouble loading. Just a heads up.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 03:25 PM   #2
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007
Default Re: NVN slooooooooooooooow!!! on OC-3 connection here

3:25pm : No abdnormal loading times for me.
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 03:52 PM   #3
Clay

Weird, it seems like you have slow connection problems somewhat frequently. Not sure what to tell you as it's fine for me and I've remoted out to some of our client sites in various states and the nvnews.net forums load very quickly and are very responsive.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 06:53 PM   #4
Son Goku

Well over the summer, lots of peeps were having problems and it definitely wasn't wrt me. When there were probs, there ended up being discussions on the nvn IRC channel and there was a consensus there.

Today, all I can say is that I certainly didn't expect slower load times over a T3 line (not normal for there anyhow) then with DSL at home. The local pages loaded normally there, so it wasn't internal to their LAN. Was heading to class though, so wasn't about to debug the universities network.

BTW, I'm not always connecting from the same place either, but can tend to connect to the forums from multiple networks scattered about (mostly somewhere on 2 seperate uni's with their own seperate connections throught the phone company) and here...as the logged IP address field would probably show with my posts.

It's OK at home now, which doubly makes it wierd as an OC-3 has way more BW then my 1.5 MB down aDSL
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 07:05 PM   #5
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

The front page loads very very slow to me . i dont complain because i think the problem is from my connection

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-04, 07:28 PM   #6
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Lightbulb Re: NVN slooooooooooooooow!!! on OC-3 connection here

From home (3mbit cable) and work(196kbs DSL?) , NVnews load fast as usually.