Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-22-04, 10:38 AM   #13
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked...

It doesn't really matters. It's still a blow to both sony and microsoft.
Old 10-22-04, 12:09 PM   #14
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
It doesn't really matters. It's still a blow to both sony and microsoft.
No, its GOOD for Microsoft. Their biggest competitor has just had their biggest game leaked onto the internet. Sony will lose money because some people will no longer buy it. That's good for Microsoft.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-04, 05:05 PM   #15
Slybri

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
No, its GOOD for Microsoft. Their biggest competitor has just had their biggest game leaked onto the internet. Sony will lose money because some people will no longer buy it. That's good for Microsoft.
Bad for Rockstar you mean. Sony just makes the machine, not the software. But I suppose it is worse for them since you don;t need a modchip to play warez on the PS2, whereas you need to mod the xbox. Then again they probably could sell more machines if folks knew that.

Another point, the Halo2 that was leaked was in french. This GTA:SA is a perfect copy of the US release. Music and all.

Another thing...There was a Japanese copy of Ace Combat 5 leaked a week ago.
Lo and behold a few days later GAMESPOT posts an early hands-on of the japanese version which they happened to aquire. At the same time they rant about pirates leaking Halo2 and GTA:SA. Sure they could have had a copy imported, but I think they warezd it!

Still, this piracy is getting out of hand. I'm sure the next gen consoles will have all manner of devious pain in the ass counter measures to prevent Piracy. Which the hackers will defeat easily....

Still again, Halo 2 will make more money in it's first day than any movie's opening day take in history. I don't think Sony or Microsoft are that worried.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-04, 05:21 PM   #16
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
Bad for Rockstar you mean. Sony just makes the machine, not the software. But I suppose it is worse for them since you don;t need a modchip to play warez on the PS2, whereas you need to mod the xbox. Then again they probably could sell more machines if folks knew that.

Another point, the Halo2 that was leaked was in french. This GTA:SA is a perfect copy of the US release. Music and all.

Another thing...There was a Japanese copy of Ace Combat 5 leaked a week ago.
Lo and behold a few days later GAMESPOT posts an early hands-on of the japanese version which they happened to aquire. At the same time they rant about pirates leaking Halo2 and GTA:SA. Sure they could have had a copy imported, but I think they warezd it!

Still, this piracy is getting out of hand. I'm sure the next gen consoles will have all manner of devious pain in the ass counter measures to prevent Piracy. Which the hackers will defeat easily....

Still again, Halo 2 will make more money in it's first day than any movie's opening day take in history. I don't think Sony or Microsoft are that worried.
Bad for rockstar bad sony etc. Read back what these boys are saying there not saying Sony or Microsoft makes the games just that the game is for their system and it has been leaked. And come on thats a little bit out there to think Gamespot is useing a pirated copy of Ace. I have been following Ace with some other fanatics and I heard nothing about this leak but IGN also had a preview up the same day with the seem pics so it was Namco who supplied the copies and pictures to both sites.

I agree though pirating is getting out of hand. I buy all my games for me and my bro and it gets to me that some can get it free. I guess Nintendo was the smartest of the bunch, they lose almost nothing to piracy from the GameCube.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 05:17 PM   #17
thunderhippo
Quadcore Vista Confusion

do people even play the ps2 anymore?
i traded mine in years ago.
thunderhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 05:24 PM   #18
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderhippo
do people even play the ps2 anymore?
i traded mine in years ago.
Yes people do still play PS2. It is in fact the best selling of the 3 consoles.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 08:12 PM   #19
aAv7

I sold my ps2 after vice city in 2002. The new sleek design sure looks nice, but there's alot of better things to be had for $150 bucks.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 07:14 AM   #20
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

In console gaming? Damn right! There's the Gamecube! Now THAT's a good system. I've got the most enjoyment out of the three big systems from my 'Cube. Ugh, and Metroid Prime: Echoes comes out the same day as Half-Life 2...bastards!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-04, 11:02 AM   #21
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

GTA III was the reason I bought a PS2 over XBOX and I DO NOT REGRET IT. I've enjoyed my PS2 more than any console I've ever owned. I just about bought an XBOX but I thought the only good game that I couldn't play on PS2 was Ninja Gaiden. XBOX has great graphics and sweet surround sound but not really worth buying once you have a PS2 (and you're short on cash). The GameCube on the other hand, IMO, was not a very smart thing by Nintendo. You cannot play DVDs nor even music CDs on it! Even like I said for the XBOX, Zelda and Metroid are really the only good games for GC (maybe RE4, never played it). GTA:SA is going to frickin rock my face off, same for HL2. I feel a little sorry for peeps who don't own a PS2 today . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 12:25 PM   #22
mrrolf

I've been reading many threads at OffTopic about the game. Some people d/l'ed the warez and let others know what it was like. It seems the GTA:SA is a huge improvment from ViceCity. The world sounded HUGE. There were many side missions. The music was incredible. The comments the characters make...etc...

Damn I wish I had PS2. maybe I could pawn off the old g/f.

I'd give you the links... but it'd take a couple days for you membership to go though... :/
mrrolf is offline   Reply With Quote