Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-24-04, 09:21 PM   #25
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Ok, so I just played Halo for the first time...

Playing co-op over Xbox Live is going to be absolutely amazing. No having to share a TV set will be welcome.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 09:43 PM   #26
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

yep...

I have only played the halo demo on a pc... but it just seems so different from the xbox version its pretty amazing...

the xbox version would have been perfect with a mouse/keyboard setup... other than that it was pretty damn good... the pc version has had problems with frame-rates (with previous gen cards) which diminished people's experiences... and lack of co-op...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 10:28 PM   #27
Son Goku

The ironic thing is given the similarities between a PC and the x-box (x86 CPU, a beefed up GF3 for gfx essentially, etc) one would expect the port of this to be easier then with other games, from a console where the hardware is completely dis-similar. Course, other hardware (ATI for instance) would have to be taken into consideration... Does seem odd, come to think of it.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 08:21 AM   #28
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

halo is only a classic because xbox didnt have anything better

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 09:39 AM   #29
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos
halo is only a classic because xbox didnt have anything better
Hardly, games don't get "classic" status just be being the best launch title availible. I don't see anyone saying SSX or Altered Beast is a classic.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 10:02 AM   #30
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Yeah, Halo is a great game. I didn't get an X-Box until last summer when Knights of the Old Republic came out, so I hadn't played Halo much until then. I loved every minute of it. And yes, Legendary is the best way to play the game
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 11:52 AM   #31
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CENSORED***
Halo=Most overrated game ever.

That doesn't mean it's bad, just that it isn't the best out there like all the console fanatics say it is.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for speaking my mind lol. I just don't see the big deal (big hype) over it. Out of all of the FPSs out on the market, Halo has got to be close to the bottom of my list. Halo 2 looks like they took Halo 1, put in a different story, more weapons, updated sounds, models, etc. The graphics look like they haven't changed a bit. I'm a graphics junkie BIG TIME. But I'm sure that Halo 2 will be descently fun and I will play it when I visit a friend or two's house. But just like CENSORED said, "Halo=Most overrated game ever."
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 12:35 PM   #32
Nocturnaloner

Thanks for everyone's comments. In no way do I mean to make a Halo-bashing thread. My goal is to play games and have fun, so if there was something I'm just not seeing, I wanted to know it. I'll give it another shot when I get an x-box. Wife will be so happy.

My response to the Doom 3 demo would be another thread, but why bother? Id has been very consistent throughout its history. They make good games with great technology, and all of their game design seems more about showing off the tech instead of being story motivated: 'Hey, it would be a great gag if we could have an imp break through this wall here, it will totally freak out the player!' "Yeah well, what's the imp doing there?" 'Who cares! It's being an imp! In a metal closet!" Nothing wrong with that, but it still makes D3 basically boil down to a haunted house scenario. Walk through this room, lights go out, monsters jump out. Far Cry has a lot of 'wow!' moments. and every one of them supported and moved the plot forward, even if they dropped the ball at the very end. A company like Valve, given the same premise, the same code, and the same art as Doom 3, would've handled things differently. So like a lot of you, I'm really looking forward to Half-Life 2.
Nocturnaloner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-04, 01:15 PM   #33
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

you know, Halo and Operation Flashpoint are the only 2 games i keep going back to. they both have great stories.. and in halo.. everything just flows so well. i really fell like i am part of a struggle.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 03:32 AM   #34
jedah
Vampire Saviour

Halo is one of the best games I've played ever(I start back in Amiga days).Silent Carographer is a great map , but Assault to the control room is the zenith of the game.Thank God it was released on the PC(although it had extremely high requirements).Halo is G-R-E-A-T,stop flaming its Xbox roots.Hail to Bungie for delivering one of the best games of all time....
Old 10-28-04, 01:33 PM   #35
Toss3
.<<o>>.

IMO u should play through the game at heroic :P ofcourse a game is easy if you play it at the easy setting... just like doom3, halo is childsplay at easy and normal easy + an fps game =
Toss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-04, 02:30 PM   #36
ynnek

Yea, its like almost a whole different game on heroic.. you actually have to plan a strat on certain parts.

BTW, the pistol is also suprisingly powerful. Use it to hit headshots and weakpoints, and you'll find enemies go down quite fast.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote