Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-24-04, 07:27 PM   #1
sgio2
Chocolate

Default Morrowind for a FPS guy?

Ive heard alot of great things about this game , but am unsure since I usually dont play the RPG genre. I really liked KOTOR , Zelda 64 and Final Fantasy 10 but never got into games like Phantasy Star , Chrono Trigger ect. I usually play FPS and some Driving games but thats about it. Any input on this from Morrowind fans? Thanks in advance.

Antec 900
4GB Corsair XMS Pro 3200 @ 2.5-3-2-5
ATI Radeon 3870HD 862 Core 1231 Mem
AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.44Ghz
Creative Audigy ZS 2
Twin WD 320GB SATA2
ABIT AT8 32X
sgio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 08:10 PM   #2
aAv7

Default Re: Morrowind for a FPS guy?

If you don't like most rpg's-you should probably pass on this game. I love rpg's and I couldnt even get into this game. It's an aquired taste. And on a side note to tick some fans off Chrono Trigger is the most overrated rpg of all time...oddly enough though, the sequel Chrono Chross, is the most underrated rpg ever.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 08:36 PM   #3
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

I think Morrowind is great, It's the freedom I like.
If you want to make a pillow fortress and shoot arrows at the guards then by all means do so

Seriously, there are _tons_ of sidequests and stuff to do, guilds to join and spells to make.

You do have an ultimate goal, but you go there how you please.
There is only one thing wrong with this game I think. It's not random based as Daggerfall was.

And another thing that is great about morrowind, If you want to be a better thief, you steal things and not fight, you want to be a better magican, you use magic.

Its all about building up power and wealth and do what you please.

And not to forget, Morrowind is very mod friendly so you will find lots of cool mods all around.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 10:17 PM   #4
ynnek

Hhe.. I hear it sucks up ALOT of time though.. I remeber my coworkers talking about it..

Cowoker A) Man, my character is starting to get tough now. but I'm still having problems kiling off such and such.. and its a pain to walk over there and such

Coworker B) I just fly over there

A) WTF? Your character can fly?!?!

lmao..
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 11:28 PM   #5
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Thats part of the fun in the game, need the ability to fly ?, create a levitate ring!
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-04, 11:57 PM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah... it is quite fun... I need to reinstall it heh.

One suggestion though... if you get it... quickly download the "no racers mod" (well.. it is something like that... there are these REALLY annoying birds in the game who attack you for no reason and they can get VERY annoying).
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 12:13 AM   #7
Denroll

Send a message via AIM to Denroll Send a message via MSN to Denroll

That game owned me for the longest friggin time. It's great and huge (like my 'nads). Recommended.

Little tip: whenever you're walking anywhere, always be running and constantly jump. I mean, set the jump button to something you can really pound on and not get tired of and jump ALL of the time unless you are fghting. It raises your acrobatic skill by a bunch because you do a ton of walking around.
Denroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 12:20 AM   #8
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah... I forgot about that... I did that all of the time lol.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-04, 02:09 AM   #9
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Morrowind was not perfect. Its huge size was also its main weakness. Too little interaction with the thousands of NPCs, stupid AI and, on the long run, it becomes too easy. Nevertheless, exploring Morrowind is a fashinating voyage in a true, persistent 3D world. And don't forget that there are tons of free MODs available for it, vastly improving the gaming experience.