Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-11-04, 01:03 AM   #181
|MaguS|

Default Re: Everquest 2 ships on November 8th!

When you clean the guys basement on the island you dont have to leave it at all, just to talk to him to get the second part of his quest...
Old 11-11-04, 05:04 AM   #182
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Actually this is the best launch, its without a hitch. They estimated perfectly. Just people are being stupid and all going to the heavy load servers insted of joining the lesser populated servers.

Take Mistmoore as an example, On monday it was the first server to "fill up", even then MORE people are creating characters there insted of moving along... But theres no network lag anyway.

You can even tell they prepared well since the login servers have yet to fail, on the original EQ and SWG on launch the login server would crash once many people tried to logon, this has yet to happen with EQ2.

I give SOE credit, they proved all the haters wrong by having a nearly flawless launch...
I am not moving to "Certain" servers because I am stupid. I moved to Antonia Bayle because it was flagged the role play server. I have/had certain expectations of the server before I go to them. I went in on tuesday and have stayed there because of that. fortunately they added another RP server due to the high demand of the RP crowd which was unexpected.

I think this launch has been anything but perfect. My server has crashed 3 times today. Utterly ridiculous because its gone down for hours at a time.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-04, 06:01 AM   #183
|MaguS|

3 times is great, trust me.... On EQL's Expansion releases you cant even logon due to the login server crashing... with the amount of people playing on released (mind you this release is bigger then any other MMORPG to date) this is a GREAT launch.

SOE has easily topped 100k people playing on release (US + EU) and that alone is just nuts for everything being so smooth.
Old 11-11-04, 06:59 AM   #184
Ghosthunter

supposedly they had some power issues and why some servers went down, permafrost mine went down as well...

I still think overall it is a great launch compared to EQ1, and what I thought might happen
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-04, 07:37 AM   #185
|MaguS|

Probably something going on in DC, looks like all the DC based servers are down. I'll call me sister and see if she has had any power issues at her Apt (she lives in DC).
Old 11-11-04, 10:07 AM   #186
ynnek

I'm a little confused on how these servers work..

So if 100 people log onto server A, and 100 log onto server B, can the people in server A see the people in server B?

How many people are usually on one server?
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-04, 10:11 AM   #187
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I haven't been able to log on sence last night. Same results for this morning.
Old 11-11-04, 11:02 AM   #188
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
I'm a little confused on how these servers work..

So if 100 people log onto server A, and 100 log onto server B, can the people in server A see the people in server B?

How many people are usually on one server?
Each server is a world, the worlds hold about 5000 people (could be more, could be less, only SOE knows for sure), Server A and Server B are two different worlds. Nothing is shared between them. There is also something called a Login Server which does nothing more then log you into the game, aka Authenticate your account.

SOE has implemented a feature that allows players to send tells cross server so you can atleast communicate with your friends who play on another server, you can even contact players who play in another SOE game such as Planetside or Everquest 1. Really awsome of SOE to do this so people who left the original can still talk to their friends.

Old 11-11-04, 03:32 PM   #189
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

is there somebody who play using a 56k modem?

is the game playable?

i know faq says yes but i want know from some real user
Old 11-11-04, 04:03 PM   #190
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
3 times is great, trust me.... On EQL's Expansion releases you cant even logon due to the login server crashing... with the amount of people playing on released (mind you this release is bigger then any other MMORPG to date) this is a GREAT launch.

SOE has easily topped 100k people playing on release (US + EU) and that alone is just nuts for everything being so smooth.

I've played through 3 launch mmorpgs. Going down is one thing. But server downtime length/variation is another. This launch has been no better/no Worse than than Lineage 2/EQ1, and SWG launch I have played. City of Heroes IMO had a better launch. Only game I have seen with a "worse" launch is Anarchy Online.

Sure its gone "ok". But just because its a mmorpg and bugs are to be expected doesnt mean we give Sony a free ride and excuses for bugs/server instability.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 11-11-04, 04:35 PM   #191
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Maybe the month of free service is suppose to ease are troubles while they work out some crap.
Old 11-11-04, 05:10 PM   #192
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Maybe the month of free service is suppose to ease are troubles while they work out some crap.

I made a joke it was sonys plan to have the servers down our free month

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator