Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-04, 07:11 AM   #49
|MaguS|

Default Re: Everquest 2 ships on November 8th!

Nope, Dialup can play it just fine as with any other MMORPG. You could use EQ2 as a benchmark and it would be a great way to stress the system out but the problem comes with not having identical situations when doing comparisons. At one time one PC might have more people on screen or the other might have a different weather or day effect... but its good just to push hardware... not as a comparison.
Old 10-28-04, 07:52 AM   #50
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

it would be great if they release a benchmark based on EQ2

in this way they will advertise EQ2 even more and we will have a new great benchamrk for test our cards

i asked about dial up because io remeber when i played Ultima Online there were times when other players with much better connections was running 2 times faster than me lol
Old 10-28-04, 08:37 AM   #51
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

ah another thing, how many GB does it take on the hard disck?
Old 10-28-04, 08:47 AM   #52
redoulent

I heard it is 3 DVD's and that is why no download/buy options. That might be the collector's edition though.

Who remembers making the Qeynos/Freeport run at level 1?

Or the first time you A'd your Guild Master!

Or Griffin attacks near Freeport!

I for one will never buy/play another Sony game online. I'm still too bitter about the horrible way they treated their players for the 3 years I played. They would make sweeping changes, deny them, players would then prove they did it, then they would be like yeah we changed it, bite us!

I will also never forgive them for allowing a level 30 mage pet to beat the shyte outta my level 38 Paladin because the mage went linkdead.
redoulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-04, 09:06 AM   #53
|MaguS|

The game is on a single DVD with the CE being 2DVD's. The current Beta installation is around 4GBs.

Paladins sucked untill luclin... thats why you got owned by a Mage Pet. As for treatment? I have only had one issue with a GM, all other times the CS and GM's/Guides were great.
Old 10-28-04, 11:56 AM   #54
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqmajere
The EQ that now exists is mostly SOE employees whom, in my opinion, need to get their collective heads out of their asses.
Agreed. EQ1 jumped the shark when Luclin was released.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-04, 03:58 PM   #55
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
Agreed. EQ1 jumped the shark when Luclin was released.

Sony designed a "better" PVE system and class balance, They however didnt design a better "Role Play" feel to the game. Giving Sony the benefit of the doubt Everquest was a balance nightmare and to fix it probably took alot of adjusting and changing the entire games centric. They did a pretty good job of rebalancing the game. It did take several expansions but they managed to do so.

Giving this is Sonys chance to start from scratch and they are actually able to truly balance the game. The chance does seem there that they can create a good game.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-04, 07:09 PM   #56
nrdstrm

Ouch...Been playing on medium settings and tried to turn up stuff to high and added player shadows increased lights etc and ended up with a nice slide show on my rig (p4 3.0, 1GB Hyperx 400, 36gb Raptor, and dun dun dun.....A 5900Ultra...Heh...
Still looks and runs great at meduim settings with environmental shadows (not character shadows) on. It is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen though...even on my machine...
Nrdstrm
Oh yeah, the game play is fun too
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-04, 07:27 PM   #57
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

But if even a 5900U with p4 3.0 make it run good with medium settings, then why a fx-55 + 6800U is not able to make it run at max?

could the bottleneck be the ram? maybe it need 2GB?

excuseme but what resolution do you use? 1024?
Old 10-28-04, 08:12 PM   #58
zoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicmaniac
But if even a 5900U with p4 3.0 make it run good with medium settings, then why a fx-55 + 6800U is not able to make it run at max?

I can run it with all the settings maxed (extreme quality) at 1600x1200. The typical framerate is 20 -50 fps. Its very playable at that resolution.

I choose to play at high quality tho because I get a much higher consistent framerate.

I do have a nice rig tho, BFG 6800 ultra OC, 2 gigs of ram (XMS), p4 3.4 extreme edition.

It also looks cool in span mode split between my 2, 20 inch LCD's (dell 2001 ).

The enviroments in this game are just breathtaking,and IMHO this is the best looking game I have ever seen.
zoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-04, 01:52 AM   #59
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoth
I can run it with all the settings maxed (extreme quality) at 1600x1200. The typical framerate is 20 -50 fps. Its very playable at that resolution.

I choose to play at high quality tho because I get a much higher consistent framerate.

I do have a nice rig tho, BFG 6800 ultra OC, 2 gigs of ram (XMS), p4 3.4 extreme edition.

It also looks cool in span mode split between my 2, 20 inch LCD's (dell 2001 ).

The enviroments in this game are just breathtaking,and IMHO this is the best looking game I have ever seen.
Man I wish I knew how you do it...I have to tweak like a monkey and split the difference between high and max quality just to get sorta playable framerate at 1152x864. By sorta I mean 15-80 fps. (large variance there yes)

Upgraded my system again just recently to try and eek a lil more performance but tonight I kid you not a guy pulled a train in The Ruins and my fraps counter hit the big 6FPS lol...was funny as crap to watch though.

I agree it's the best looking game out right now. Beautiful just doesn't do it enough justice.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-04, 08:36 PM   #60
nrdstrm

I was running at 1280 by 1024, but bumped it down to 1024 by 768 so I could turn stuff up a bit higher (shadows and what not).
Zoth, is span mode an option in EQII or are you forcing it with your vid card?
Nrdstrm
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote