Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-02-04, 04:49 PM   #97
thunderhippo
Quadcore Vista Confusion

Default Re: Everquest 2 ships on November 8th!

eq2 runs like crap on my machine..
athlon 64 3200, 1 gig of ram, bfg 6800 ultra oc.
i can run it ok on good performance, average and high run s l o w
at work it runs much better on almost the same machine with a gig mroe of ram
thunderhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 08:29 PM   #98
ChrisRay

Ithink you guys are going to find one of the biggest indicator of performance in this game is gonna be vram and texture resolutions. High and Maximum require "Massive" amounts of Video Ram.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 08:53 PM   #99
ChrisRay

I am pretty irritated, They broke Anti Aliasing with the latest patch.. Now nothing you can do will get it working..
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 11-03-04, 02:32 AM   #100
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

AA broken just 5 days before the release?

lol

anyway if vram is gonna be the real bottleneck of performance, then will SLI help giving 256+256 of vram?

if yes then i think is already possible play EQ2 with the highest settings possible using an SLI configuration
Old 11-03-04, 05:18 AM   #101
Arioch

I am still undecided on this game but I am glad they designed it to be taxing on today's hardware. Just look at how dated EQ was even after only a couple years out. Since a MMORPG lasts for many years we won't be gouging our eyes out when playing this game in the near future because the graphics should still hold up pretty well for a while.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-04, 06:01 AM   #102
zoth

Funny thing is the servers were down tonight for a patch,so I decided to play a little World of Warcraft ( I haven't played it in about a month).

After playing EQ2 for awhile,I cant believe how bad WoW looks now,heh.
zoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-04, 09:33 AM   #103
|MaguS|

AA is useless, you take a less performance hit by increasing the resolution...
Old 11-03-04, 09:49 AM   #104
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

well but there are times when you reach the monitor resoultion limit and then the only thing you can improve are AA and AF

Old 11-03-04, 10:27 AM   #105
|MaguS|

If you can run at 1280x1024 (which is the common highest res) then you can start tweaking the ingame details because no computer I know can run MAX ingame settings and 1280x1024 without the framerate going into seizure during heavy populated areas (which will be most on launch).

I run 1280x1024 in EQ2 and must turn down many settings to get a smooth average framerate, going to 1600x1200 forces me to lower the display settings. Heck, I rather have AF enabled insted of AA since the jaggies in the game aren't bad if you run it at a decent resolution.
Old 11-03-04, 03:27 PM   #106
ynnek

Thats intersting, because they have this official post on their forum:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...&message.id=12

What are the reccomended hardware specifications for the game?

Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Processor: 2 GHz or greater
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible; pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 128 MB or more of texture memory
Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

What type of video card will I need for EQII?

You will need a card that supports DirectX 9 features, such as pixel and vertex shaders.

Does that include the Nvidia GeForce MX line of cards?

Unfortunately the GeForce 4 MX cards are not supported because they do not have pixel and vertex shaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Multiclassing is not possible. Its simply a class tree. However there are some pretty cool traits in game. Plus customization is really nice.

On the DirectX 9.0 requirements, Thats incorrect, This game requires a DirectX 8.0 class hardware, It uses shaders for lighting, Vertex for modeling, Also water, player models ect are all shaded. I noticed that forcing a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 rendering path has resulted in slight IQ discrepencies.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-04, 03:59 PM   #107
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
AA is useless, you take a less performance hit by increasing the resolution...

Thats dependent on game and how fillrate or bandwith limited you are.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 11-03-04, 04:00 PM   #108
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
Thats intersting, because they have this official post on their forum:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...&message.id=12

What are the reccomended hardware specifications for the game?

Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Processor: 2 GHz or greater
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible; pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 128 MB or more of texture memory
Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

What type of video card will I need for EQII?

You will need a card that supports DirectX 9 features, such as pixel and vertex shaders.

Does that include the Nvidia GeForce MX line of cards?

Unfortunately the GeForce 4 MX cards are not supported because they do not have pixel and vertex shaders.

Go here.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...message.id=211

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator