Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-04, 01:50 PM   #1
Superfly
Retired

Thumbs down Just finished HALO 2

Well, as the title says.

Took the week off work to play a pirate copy of HALO 2.

I feel cheated and numb - the graphics are worse than the original, the shotgun has got silly green blobs stuck to it -

First half of the game is OK - just like the original was, then the same thing happens - the FLOOD!!, and it turns into a simple childish game offering nothing to the imagination and certainly nothing for a true gamer.

thanks god I have'nt bought it!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

(im ready for the flames from the HALO fans) all 2 of you!!!

this game is lameass junk - bring on Half-Life 2, thank god for PC games.

bungie just raped there Xbox customers.

poor show indeed.
Old 10-25-04, 01:53 PM   #2
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default Re: Just finished HALO 2

Atleast he is honest. And how the hell can you feel "cheated and numb"? You stole the fricken game you dumbass. Guess I will do the poor man thing and buy my copy.
Old 10-25-04, 01:59 PM   #3
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
Atleast he is honest. And how the hell can you feel "cheated and numb"? You stole the fricken game you dumbass. Guess I will do the poor man thing and buy my copy.
cheated and numb because: as always I try any game before I buy - yes that included doom3 and will include HL2.

I wanted this game to be sooo good.

and dont call me dumbass, you pre-pubesent twat!
Old 10-25-04, 01:59 PM   #4
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Uh huh...graphics worse than the original...I guess we'll take a pirate's word for it and just ignore what every screenshot, preview, review (all 1 of them) and video of the game shows . Seriously, I've seen dozens of games go through this whole "person played the game early and said it sucked" deal before, and in almost every case I've been more than satisfied with the final product (the second most recent victim would be Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders). I'll wait for some real reviews before I expect anything different from the game.
Old 10-25-04, 02:01 PM   #5
Superfly
Retired

oh well - its your money - dont say I did'nt warn you.
Old 10-25-04, 02:02 PM   #6
aAv7

I'm suprised the graphics are actually worse. They looked pretty decent in screenshots and videos....decent in terms of what an xbox can do. The flood again!? That's pretty weak. My fiance is gonna be dissapointed...she loved the first one and can't wait for the sequel...=/ Over @ rage a guy got a pirated copy of GTA:San Andreas and bashed it...said it's pure crap...looks like 2 big console titles may end up dissapointing the masses.....I'm so thankful HL2 will be out in less than a month, powered by the awesomeness of the PC.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-25-04, 02:04 PM   #7
Superfly
Retired

its like doom3 on a GF4 mx - running on an old goldfish bowl TV.

total pants.
Old 10-25-04, 02:05 PM   #8
aAv7

I'll buy your copy from you =) The fiance will love me for it. ::wink wink:: lol
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 10-25-04, 02:06 PM   #9
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

let us never ever speak of doom 3 again.

Old 10-25-04, 02:07 PM   #10
Superfly
Retired

I'll gladly post it to anyone wanting to see this abomination with there own eyes - after all - im a pirate which means im blind and cant have an opinion on the quality of the graphics!!!

some people man - stupid is as stupid does...........
Old 10-25-04, 02:07 PM   #11
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
and dont call me dumbass, you pre-pubesent twat!
You're a cheat and a thief, quite frankly we can do whatever we want to you and say anything we want about you.
Old 10-25-04, 02:09 PM   #12
Superfly
Retired

and what is it that you want to do to me Sat?? - im not gay so your **** out of luck pinky