Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-04, 03:41 PM   #37
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Just finished HALO 2

If you feel that stealing video games accurately portrays "your life", you've got some growing to do, I think.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-25-04, 03:44 PM   #38
Superfly
Retired

why would I lie about having a daughter, there is nothing to gain or prove by doing that.

Also I bet over half of the registered users on these forums have got/used or are trying to get a pirate/cracked version of some piece of software.

got of your moral high horse, I truely and sincerely dont care.

Charley will grow up just fine thanks - you have no idea about me, my home life or Charley (thanks god).
Old 10-25-04, 03:46 PM   #39
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
If you feel that stealing video games accurately portrays "your life", you've got some growing to do, I think.
now your just being lame, stop digging for something that is'nt there.

read what I said your all topsy turvey!!!!!
Old 10-25-04, 03:50 PM   #40
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
why would I lie about having a daughter, there is nothing to gain or prove by doing that.

Also I bet over half of the registered users on these forums have got/used or are trying to get a pirate/cracked version of some piece of software.

got of your moral high horse, I truely and sincerely dont care.

Charley will grow up just fine thanks - you have no idea about me, my home life or Charley (thanks god).

the issue wasnt whether or not people pirated games.. sure lots of people do, and its not about whether they complain about games.. it the fact that you admitted pirating halo 2 and then preceded to complain about it. anyone who pirates a game may complain about it but they wont throw out that they got it illegally.. if you pirate games.. thats your choise, just keep it to yourself
Old 10-25-04, 03:51 PM   #41
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
now your just being lame
Sorry, I'm working with what you give me

I'm not on any moral high horse. You're missing the point of what I'm saying. I've pirated software, we all have at one point or another. But at some point in time you grow up and realize, "Wow, I really shouldn't be doing this. It's stealing, and it's wrong." That's called "maturity", or "responsibility". If you have a child, you should be mature enough to know that stealing is wrong.

I'm not topsy turvy at all. If you read it that way, it's because you are a moron.

And yeah, what zoom said.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-25-04, 03:54 PM   #42
aAv7

Quote:

So it's OK to steal if you just want to see if what you're stealing is any good? No, sorry. That doesn't make it OK. "End up getting lazy and keeping it on their HD"? Uh, ok...
People refuse to read actual posts around here-where did I ever say it was ok? Where? Show me. I said people tend to download games to see if the games are any good, I've read at least a hundred posts around forums with people saying " I'll download it, if its worth my money, then I'll buy it" I never said I personally do it, nor did I say it's OK. If you wanna flame me or yell at me, do it about something I actually said, cool?
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-25-04, 04:00 PM   #43
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

"90% of the people who download PC games illegally are doing so to see what the game is like and if it's worth the $$, then they end up getting lazy and keeping it on the HD, etc."

You said this earlier. It makes it sound like most people doing this are just seeing if the game is worth the money. It sounds as if you feel this particular form of piracy is more acceptable than people who are stealing it and do not intend to pay for it. There is no difference. Stealing is stealing. I never flamed or yelled at you, calm down.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-25-04, 04:01 PM   #44
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Sorry, I'm working with what you give me

I'm not on any moral high horse. You're missing the point of what I'm saying. I've pirated software, we all have at one point or another. But at some point in time you grow up and realize, "Wow, I really shouldn't be doing this. It's stealing, and it's wrong." That's called "maturity", or "responsibility". If you have a child, you should be mature enough to know that stealing is wrong.

I'm not topsy turvy at all. If you read it that way, it's because you are a moron.

And yeah, what zoom said.
well we could go round in circles on this all night, I think we've said it all now - staying any longer will just reduce the quality of the abuse.

Thanks for the fight dude - your alright!!!

ttfn - signed off.

Old 10-25-04, 04:03 PM   #45
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
well we could go round in circles on this all night, I think we've said it all now - staying any longer will just reduce the quality of the abuse.
Heh, good point. Well that's the end of that one, then. Just don't make a post about Half-Life 2. I don't want to know about it until I play it
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-25-04, 04:03 PM   #46
Vash
Angel Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I hope it is true though... I would love HALO 2 to disappoint everybody :\... the first one was poo.

Ya know, I don't sit around all day waiting for something that someone else likes to bomb just because it makes me feel good. There are better things to do with your life - find one.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Old 10-25-04, 04:04 PM   #47
de><ta
prodigy

Angry Re: Just finished HALO 2

Why hasnt any of the mods not locked this thread yet?

One person giving his opinion on game that has not yet been released, based on a pirated copy.

Might as well wait untill every one has a copy of the game and can provide a constructive argument on whether the game sucks or not.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
Old 10-25-04, 04:04 PM   #48
aAv7

Quote:
"90% of the people who download PC games illegally are doing so to see what the game is like and if it's worth the $$, then they end up getting lazy and keeping it on the HD, etc."

You said this earlier. It makes it sound like most people doing this are just seeing if the game is worth the money. It sounds as if you feel this particular form of piracy is more acceptable than people who are stealing it and do not intend to pay for it. There is no difference. Stealing is stealing. I never flamed or yelled at you, calm down.
No, I was stating a fact, people DO download the games to see if the games are worth their money. I;ve read numerous posts on this, especially over @ guru3d. It does happen, so I was saying, if games had some sort of rental option, these people wouldn't have an excuse to download these games and get lazy. Guess I shoul've worded it differently. =)
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Closed Thread