Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-04, 04:04 PM   #73
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Just finished HALO 2

I couldn't care less about Halo 2 personally, though negative opinions breed negative feedback. Once again, the morality of stealing was never the issue. Well, not with me, anyway.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-25-04, 04:13 PM   #74
schuey74
GTX 280 (675/1458/2500)

How's downloading a game and playing it to see if you like it any different from you borrowing the game from a friend and trying it? The only difference I see is that if you borrow the game, you must return it if you want to keep your friend. If you download the game, there is no friend asking you for the game back so it's morally up to you to make the right decision. Some people can't make that hard decision so their better off keeping away from the temptation.

And what happens when you lend out your games? Ignorance doesn't excuse piracy so if you lend out your games you can't pretend that the lendee could not be copying your CD or using a No-CD crack. You may feel better because you didn't actually download or copy the game, but you contribute just as much to the problem because that's one less original that will be bought.
Old 10-25-04, 04:15 PM   #75
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
I wonder if it was Half Life 2 this thread would still be open. How did you enjoy it ultimate? I take it you have it too.
I haven't played it, what made you think that? My fiance pre-ordered the SE a while back...I'm waiting till then. I honestly don't care much for Halo, but she loves it, so since it will be in the house, I will give it a shot. I don't steal games, not even for a "test ride" ...just ain't my thing, I love games and want to see them flourish, so I go by the " ya takes yur chances" cliche, if her and I don't like Halo 2, oh well....there's always the option to trade it in

I was defending him based on his opinion. People said he had no right to say the game sucked because he didn't pay for the game. I understand where there coming from, but at the same point, if it sucks-regardless to how you played it, it still sucks. If it's a bad game, it's a bad game. So that's why I said, I wonder if there would have been such a backlash, if he had said "Best.Game.Ever." like i'm sure they will in EGM and every other console mag next month.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-25-04, 04:18 PM   #76
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
I was defending him based on his opinion. People said he had no right to say the game sucked because he didn't pay for the game. I understand where there coming from, but at the same point, if it sucks-regardless to how you played it, it still sucks. If it's a bad game, it's a bad game. So that's why I said, I wonder if there would have been such a backlash, if he had said "Best.Game.Ever." like i'm sure they will in EGM and every other console mag next month.
It doesn't bloody matter what he thought of the game. It was stolen, bottom line. Maybe it will suck, but I sure as hell trust the console magazines more than a thief.
Old 10-25-04, 04:24 PM   #77
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
It doesn't bloody matter what he thought of the game. It was stolen, bottom line. Maybe it will suck, but I sure as hell trust the console magazines more than a thief.
You'll trust a bias, paid off magazine more than a first hand review from an average gamer...er...thief..? I say we don't trust any of them and wait for Nov. 9th.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 10-25-04, 04:29 PM   #78
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Now now, let's watch that flame-baiting. Wouldn't want to get off to a bad start.

Heh, Superfly, you should join the political thread discussions. This is nothing compared to those, and people make clearer arguments there. It's fun.
Im growing to like you, you should pop over for a beer.
Old 10-25-04, 04:29 PM   #79
Superfly
Retired

the last level is OK, dont ask me to say why - no spoilers
Old 10-25-04, 04:31 PM   #80
schuey74
GTX 280 (675/1458/2500)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
That's the problem, you'd trust a console mag that gives the highest scores to their heaviest advertisers over someone giving an unbiased opinion. I consider mags that hand out extremely generous reviews as the thieves because they are the cause of me wasting $50 on a garbage game. I base my game purchases on actual gameplay or feedback from people I know, neither of those can come from a game mag.

Old 10-25-04, 04:35 PM   #81
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuey74
That's the problem, you'd trust a console mag that gives the highest scores to their heaviest advertisers over someone giving an unbiased opinion. I consider mags that hand out extremely generous reviews as the thieves because they are the cause of me wasting $50 on a garbage game. I base my game purchases on actual gameplay or feedback from people I know, neither of those can come from a game mag.

QFT

Old 10-25-04, 04:40 PM   #82
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Yeah, I remember Fable getting some pretty decent scores, and I thought that game of a pile of garbage. Same with a bunch of other games that have come out recently. I go to gamerankings.com and read the lowest-scoring review, which is usually the one I agree with. I have to hand it to Gamespy, while their reviews aren't always that well thought-out, they won't hesitate to give a 3-star rating to a big game coming out. IGN, on the other hand, is down on its knees every time a game is released. I hate that site.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-25-04, 04:47 PM   #83
aAv7

Fable was garbage! Ugh....biggest pile of crap I paid for in a long time.

Old 10-25-04, 04:52 PM   #84
ynnek

If it was that bad, why did you play it for more than an hour or so, then deleted it?
Closed Thread