Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-04, 12:44 AM   #1
aAv7

Default What's all the fuss with this Burnout 3?

I know I can easily go to a website and get a review, but I want a review from an average joe. I like racers and there's a few coming out/out now that look nice, nfsu 2 demo didn't do it for me, think i'll be passing that one up, but I need a new racer....been hearing good things about Burnout 3 for xbox, anyone played it and can vouch for it? I'd rent it first but that's too much like right, I'd sooner spend that $55 bucks and complain later.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-04, 01:07 AM   #2
BlackSun

Default Re: What's all the fuss with this Burnout 3?

Ultimate,

If you like action paced arcade racers. THEN GO BUY THIS NOW!!! It is a great game. But if you just like sim racers like Grand Turismo types, this is not for you. It is a straight up arcade racer that you have to run others off the road. And if you are running your Xbox in HD. Then YOU MUST GO GET IT NOW!! Cause the game looks and sounds AWESOME. Well worth the 50 bux!
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution
Danger Den Watercooling -Best they have!!!
CORSAIR Dominator 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1142 w/fans
Creative XFI
Dual Western Digital Raptor X's HD's-Raid 0
2 Western Digital 500G
Pioneer A08 DVD+RW
Klipsch Promedia Ultras
Dell 3008WFP-HC
BlackSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-04, 05:21 AM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSun
Ultimate,

If you like action paced arcade racers. THEN GO BUY THIS NOW!!! It is a great game. But if you just like sim racers like Grand Turismo types, this is not for you. It is a straight up arcade racer that you have to run others off the road. And if you are running your Xbox in HD. Then YOU MUST GO GET IT NOW!! Cause the game looks and sounds AWESOME. Well worth the 50 bux!
QFT

I enjoy pretty much every type of racing game, except rally-style ones. The single and multiplayer components are extremely well done in this game. Burnout 3 is the best arcade style game I've played since the start of 2004. It was worth every penny.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-04, 06:46 AM   #4
OWA

How are the graphics? I bought a xbox not too long ago and while some games look great, I've had trouble looking past the low-res graphics on all the racing games I've bought so far (those being Project Gotham, SRS, NFSU, and Rallisport Challenge 2).
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-04, 07:12 AM   #5
|MaguS|

Since the game is played at such an amazing speed you barely notice the low res but the models and the world look just awsome. Its probably the best Racing game this year till GT4 releases...

My top Arcade racer was NFS:HP but this one has topped it... its hard and just FUN!
Old 10-29-04, 11:34 AM   #6
aAv7

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to buy this one. I love arcade racers, I remember pumping more quarters than I care to remember into cruisn usa back in the day =) Not much for sim racers, so this game being arcade-esque is a huge plus. Has anyone played OutRun2? Thats one of the other games I was looking into. It's by Sega. =)
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 04:23 AM   #7
OWA

Even though I was still a little skeptical, I picked this up last night and it is indeed a lot of fun.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote