Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-02-04, 04:33 AM   #1
K007

Default GuildWars Beta Weekend event...lucky?

Is anyone here lucky enuf to be in USA to buy this game? Because i am from Australia and unless i am willing to pay 22 US for shipping charges i wont be able to get into the Beta weekend event...10 isent a big deal...but having to pay nearly double that for the shipping charges is kinda stupid...anyone here have got it and have the freinds key and wanna share it with me please pm..infact i would pay 10 bucks for it..i dont really care about the posters or the other crap, i just want to play the game. PM ME !!

GW> ALL
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 05:30 AM   #2
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot
Default Re: GuildWars Beta Weekend event...lucky?

Can I ask what's so good about Guild Wars? I only played it for a few hours in the beta last weekend, and it seemed a bit devoid of things to do. I'm not bashing the game, rather seriously asking what makes it better than everything else. The reason I ask is because of the lack of monthly fees, which is very attractive while I'm at uni.

Cheers
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 05:37 AM   #3
K007

I was hooked on d2hc for 4 years or so but then got tired of the old graphics..now i have no reason to complain other than the fac that australia is being left out...which really sucks big time.

This is why i like GW.
Great gameplay and great graphics and it just plain rocks

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 06:30 AM   #4
demonized
R420

you can sign-up at gamespot.com for 1 month for $7. their gonna let subscribers reserve a slot for the beta weekend event.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guild...s_6111623.html
2GB OCZ PC3200 EL platinum.
ATI X800XL
SB Audigy gamer
NEC 2500a 8x8x32
Liteon 52x24x52
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 06:48 AM   #5
Warden13

I thought the game was absolutely terrible. Having played Asherons Call, Asherons Call 2, City of Heroes and WoW (Beta) I thought Guild Wars was by far the worst of the bunch. Graphics were decent but gameplay seemed crappy and it was nothing but a huge collection of foul mouthed 13 year olds with names like "pop my cherry" and "eatz bigturd".

Warden
Warden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 08:06 AM   #6
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

I played it but was put off. Its not really a MMORPG.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 08:27 AM   #7
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot

What makes it "not really a MMORPG"? It's massively multiplayer, and you play the role of a character that levels in much the same ways as other MMORPGs that I have seen. Where's the difference? Or are the things that actually make a game a MMORPG not anything to do with the genre naming?
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 01:38 PM   #8
ST:DS9

Thats what I was wondering. I thought it was just like Everquest, but with better graphics and no monthly fee.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-04, 01:42 PM   #9
omzig
Comfortably Numb

I put an order in with http://www.interactcd.com for my pre-order kit and it was shown as INSTOCK when i ordered it but today i get an email saying

"Thank you for your recent order of the Guild Wars Pre-Order Kit.
Unfortunately, due to great interest in the upcoming November event, we
have temporarily sold out. We will have more copes available in
approximately 7-10 days and expect to be able to fill your order well in
time for the December event."

Im a bit pissed that i'll miss out to the next few beta weekends but i kown that even if i cancel my order with them im not gonna find it instock anywhere else before then

K007 you might want to give them a look as they only charge $12 for shipping to OZ
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 02:55 PM   #10
|MaguS|

It's not an MMORPG because its NEVER MASSIVE! The only time which you have more then 20 people on screen is when you are in a town... its nothing more then a 3D version of Diablo 2's chat rooms Second there is not Massive world, Everything is level based, not even zones... You cant freely roam, you must accept a mission to go into the hunting area. Its not like EQ or any other MMORPG where you can just wander around.

You cant set up 60 man raids or even go into an area where someone else is without being in thier "war" or "party". Its no OPEN...

Guild Wars is NOT an MMORPG, its just a D2 style game with alittle more features. Thats why its free.
Old 11-02-04, 03:38 PM   #11
Vash
Angel Arms

Actually, there were areas where you can freely roam. IIRC, they were called "Exploratory Areas." I imagine that there will be a lot more of these in the finished game, hopefully connecting towns, etc, so those who wish to hoof it can do so.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-04, 05:33 PM   #12
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

I was thinking of buying this game now so I can play the beta weekends, but then I decided I would play Neverwinter Nights instead every weekend until Guild Wars comes out. I think people should stop comparing this game to other MMORPGs, because there isn't really any competition except maybe Neverwinter Nights... this game doesn't have a monthly fee, so I for one don't care if EverQuest or something else like Dark Age of Camelot is better (if I was paying for one of those, I would sure as hell expect it to be better than this game since you DO pay for it).
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote