Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-03-04, 08:46 PM   #1
XP_GUN

Default Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Well about a week ago I picked up RCT3, The game is great, I really sucked up my time this weekend playing and building rollercoasters and parks excepted when you get people in the park then the performance goes to 8FPS and at night 6FPS I turned all the settings and etc on the lowest settings and only get 10FPS, so I thought WTF I have a 3.0Ghz P4 with a 6800GT. So after trying to figure out whats wrong Defragmenting installing the lateist NV Drivers I finally go to the official forms and find out that i'm not the only one with the same problem. It runs even slower on other peoples computers and you know what funny the min specs are a P3 733 with 128MB ram and a 32MB Geforce 2. . The game crashis alot for most people as the performance issue even with the top of the line stuff still running like s***. But there is good news, they just released there first patch which fixed allot of mistakes like a Standup Twister rollercoaster having a max of 5 cars per train when in real life it has 8 to 9 and other mistakes or mess ups and fixes. I can tell that this game to me was far from being glitch free and needed more beta testing before releasing it.

Once they fix the performance issue I think that this will be a great game.
Old 11-04-04, 05:07 AM   #2
Graphicmaniac
GraphicLover

Default Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

????

i played the demo on my uncle pc

athlon 2800+, 1GB Ram, 9800Pro

and the game runned GREAT with all setinngs to MAX in 1280 resolution

i have to say i just played 5 minutes (because the reason i were there was for play with pro evolution soccer 3 ihihih) and then the park was not so full of people, but in this time i played i really so no slow action.

i even gone on the rollercoster both night and day and the frames where very high

b.t.w. the game is really great, i lover the 1st roller coster tycoon and i think i'm gonna love this one too

p.s.: the game seems to be developed with ATI collaboration, maybe this is your problem .. lol ehe
Old 11-06-04, 09:17 AM   #3
tyx
Believer

Send a message via MSN to tyx

I tried the Demo and got some pretty lousy frame rates too
1024x786@medium gives me 15plus FPS
Don't think I am going to get it due to the amazing lag unless they somehow patch the problem. I think its just bad coding BTW, I got a P4 1.8A GHz, 512mb PC-133SDRAM and a fx5900XT.

PS. You ever see the damn peeps with the Ati logo on their T-shirt??
tyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-04, 10:21 AM   #4
XP_GUN

Heres the offical boards for it.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hp?forumid=315

O yeah I hope I can make a skin to replace it with a Nvidia logo. also I have seen a windows xp shirt.