Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-02, 10:01 AM   #1
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Cool RavenShield Demo is finally with us

Well its finally here, I suggest you go and dl now here is a pick showing off the Karma tech that you all like so much

DL from 3DGamers

Enjoy and if you do dl look for me player name -The- Smokey
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 10:12 AM   #2
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Just installed, getting ready to try it out.
Old 11-14-02, 10:15 AM   #3
demonized
R420

heres a site that has been searching the internet for the demo download links.

http://theplatoon.com/ravenshield/
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 02:50 PM   #4
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Does this use the UT2003 engine?
Old 11-14-02, 02:53 PM   #5
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Does this use the UT2003 engine?
Yes for the most part it does, though Ubi added thier own sound engine.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Old 11-14-02, 03:20 PM   #6
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down

Bah! Raven shield sucks! I expected more out of it. Now it just looks like CS. On top of that, I had to get all this other crap software to play it. Screw that! Almost all the servers don't even respond! This thing is going straight to trash!
Old 11-14-02, 06:53 PM   #7
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
Bah! Raven shield sucks! I expected more out of it. Now it just looks like CS. On top of that, I had to get all this other crap software to play it. Screw that! Almost all the servers don't even respond! This thing is going straight to trash!

Damn how hard is it to run?? click on the exe click multiplayer login to ubi then join a server in the ingame server list connecting to servers is not a problem either! As for the CS comment, you know that its nothing like CS and you are probablt just finding it a little hard Never mind arcade shooters are always going to be easy to pick up and play
Old 11-14-02, 07:19 PM   #8
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
Damn how hard is it to run?? click on the exe click multiplayer login to ubi then join a server in the ingame server list connecting to servers is not a problem either! As for the CS comment, you know that its nothing like CS and you are probablt just finding it a little hard Never mind arcade shooters are always going to be easy to pick up and play
Well, I had to subscribe to ubi.com, then download their software, because if I tried thru the multiplayer demo it wouldn't work. Then the thing kept logging out, finally when I got on the ubi.com thing it kept crashing, re-installed it, was really laggy, no chat, then no matter what, on every server it either said no more players allowed or server did not respond. On top of that, Ubi is forcing everyone to download thru fileplanet, which will keep more people off, so I don't think that this release is any good.

EDIT: Forgot to mention second rate graphics and unimpressive level design, and CS like gameplay.

EDIT: Also forgot to say, if you like it, then thats good for you, for me it sucks. Thats how I see it.

Old 11-14-02, 07:49 PM   #9
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Srry to here that you had to go through all that. I didnt everything works fine and I havent dl any ubi software! What are you talking about fileplanet?? Ubi have the demo on thier own servers and many other sites 3dgamers for eg. Game play is nothing I mean nothing like CS, CS = arcade shooter in tac op uniforms. All the r6 games have been non arcade style shooters so I dont know how you can say the gameplay is anything like CS. Honestly you must be joking about the second rate graphics? Its using the Unreal engine, high res textures great modelling and great level design. Did u know that CSL which is one of the two maps was the most played MP of RS? You are saying things that arent true about this game simply because you dont like, you dont have to like, but dont just make up crap to make yourself feel better, this is not an arcade shooter, yes its different from the other R6s game, yes it takes sometime to get used to, yes it takes skill to play this. There is no jumping, there are no respawns, yes one good shot will kill you. I just cant believe that you would speak so much crap which if anyone bothers to look at the raveshield site, will see just how much crap you said but hey its not the first time and I doubt the last
Old 11-14-02, 07:53 PM   #10
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
Srry to here that you had to go through all that. I didnt everything works fine and I havent dl any ubi software! What are you talking about fileplanet?? Ubi have the demo on thier own servers and many other sites 3dgamers for eg. Game play is nothing I mean nothing like CS, CS = arcade shooter in tac op uniforms. All the r6 games have been non arcade style shooters so I dont know how you can say the gameplay is anything like CS. Honestly you must be joking about the second rate graphics? Its using the Unreal engine, high res textures great modelling and great level design. Did u know that CSL which is one of the two maps was the most played MP of RS? You are saying things that arent true about this game simply because you dont like, you dont have to like, but dont just make up crap to make yourself feel better, this is not an arcade shooter, yes its different from the other R6s game, yes it takes sometime to get used to, yes it takes skill to play this. There is no jumping, there are no respawns, yes one good shot will kill you. I just cant believe that you would speak so much crap which if anyone bothers to look at the raveshield site, will see just how much crap you said but hey its not the first time and I doubt the last
Well, thats your opinion. I play Rogue Spear alot, I'll take that over this game any day. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I am making stuff up. Sure alot of it is opinion, but I am not making it up. Ubi sent out a cease and decist order to 3dgamers and many other sites ordering them to revoke the demo and remove any mirrors due to a contract agreement that Ubi made with Fileplanet. If you don't beleive it, check it out for yourself. Go to 3dgamers and try and download the demo from them and read what they say.
Old 11-14-02, 09:07 PM   #11
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Damn, your are right, I was going on all the links I saw up today, and I didnt think that Ubi would sell out to fileplanet that just makes me sick Sorry I went a bit over the top there, just think its wrong to compare rvs to cs and to say the graphics are second grade when they are not Im not saying everyone has to like the game or the gameplay, as those things do come down to personal taste.
Old 11-14-02, 09:16 PM   #12
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Ah, don't worry about it. If it had worked perfect for me the 1st time around I wouldn't be so biased. And lately, I've been in the mood to ruin everyone's fun. So don't take anything I said to heart. When full version or single player demo comes out, I'll probably love it. Until then, or unless you can get mines to work, I'll just pout.