Old 11-23-04, 04:33 PM   #49
Sgt_Pitt

Default Re: EverQuest 2 performance discussion thread

thx lognoronon, you coulda warned us :P
Old 11-23-04, 06:44 PM   #50
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Well they shut the servers down for a couple of hours today ad released a patch. I'm getting really good results from it now. I just played for about 4 hours straight with no lag even durning intense battle. Where I did get a bit of lag is in Baubbleshire but nothing like it was. I grouped with a lot of people today and all had similar results, some even saying they bumbed their graphic options up .
Old 11-23-04, 08:20 PM   #51
ssj4goku887
Xtreme G Author

Send a message via AIM to ssj4goku887 Send a message via MSN to ssj4goku887

mine doesnt really lag at all with high settings :\ 6800 Ultra 2GB of ram a64 4000+ 2 wd raptors in raid 0 with a msi k8n neo2 platinum mobo
ssj4goku887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-04, 09:18 PM   #52
Connaught

Go figure,

I have found that the (66.81) driver gave me better performance that the 66.93 Driver...something to consider maybe...
Connaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-04, 10:48 PM   #53
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Actually I just played at high settings with textures set to maxed, 1280x1064, 4xAA, 16xAF and it was running smooth. Must be patching the hell out of it because a week ago I couldn't. I had some disk swapping here and there so I may pick anoth gig or 512mb up tomorrow.
Old 11-28-04, 12:43 PM   #54
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking Re: EverQuest 2 performance discussion thread

Heh ultimate tweak for EQ2 if ya got 1 gig or over of RAM , turn off Virtual Ram / Pageing File.

No more Hard Drive torture , zones load faster , no suttering related to HDD
Old 11-30-04, 09:08 AM   #55
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
Heh ultimate tweak for EQ2 if ya got 1 gig or over of RAM , turn off Virtual Ram / Pageing File.

I'll give it a try because I renig my preveous comment. This game is "beeped". It runs ok when first loaded but give it about 1-2 hours and it's not even playable, espeically in cities. It doesn't matter what options you run in game or in the NV control panel.

I guess they're limiting it to a NV problem and here's a response from SOE.

Quote:
ok, here is what we have, the issue with the geforce 6800 GT has been sent to Nvidia to have them figue out why increasing the AA works, next, the majority of the issue people are having as far as connectivity and crashes are due to firewalls and routers, pop up blockers, etc... next crashing at play, this is hardware related, check drivers and direct x , this may be also due to service pack 2 but we are not sure, seems that some are fixed when service pack 2 is removed the direct x 9.0 c re-installed, next, crashing at the character select play screen, this is networking, again, check the usual. Next FPS issues, these are only being eased by driver updates and proper mainenance, but it is improving as we continue to fix issues we run across, please keep the /bug reports coming, we are paying attention.
So whatever. As much as I like this game I'll give the game up to two months and if it's not fixed I'll cancel my subscribtion.

Also, disabling the virtual ram, what is the downside to that and is virtual ram and page filing two different things? I found virtual ram options but nothing on page filing.
Old 11-30-04, 09:59 AM   #56
borntosoul

the game is a system killer full stop! the computer needs to be running as few things as possible, make sure of that. for me, once i reinstalled windows it ran much better, system needs to be ultra clean. 1 gig of mem helps for loading times (from experience). also i like to add to the people who bought expensive cards (6800u) and are complaining about performance- the game is designed to be enjoyed for years to come, so dont complain if youre brand spanking new vid card cant play it 80% + graphic quality. JUST ENJOY THE DAMN GAME, swallow your pride and turn the setting down a bit, i know its a bit slow but hey, you cant have everything.
4gig kingston ddr2
lian li v1000.
borntosoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-04, 10:20 AM   #57
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=-

I tried this and after 3 hours of heavy grouping I recieved a windows error stating I was out of virtual memory (um didn't I turn it off...) and then a Dx error popped up right afterwards.
Old 11-30-04, 11:33 AM   #58
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I tried this and after 3 hours of heavy grouping I recieved a windows error stating I was out of virtual memory (um didn't I turn it off...) and then a Dx error popped up right afterwards.

Samething. 1gig is not enough to do this
Old 11-30-04, 11:35 AM   #59
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntosoul
the game is a system killer full stop! the computer needs to be running as few things as possible, make sure of that. for me, once i reinstalled windows it ran much better, system needs to be ultra clean. 1 gig of mem helps for loading times (from experience). also i like to add to the people who bought expensive cards (6800u) and are complaining about performance- the game is designed to be enjoyed for years to come, so dont complain if youre brand spanking new vid card cant play it 80% + graphic quality. JUST ENJOY THE DAMN GAME, swallow your pride and turn the setting down a bit, i know its a bit slow but hey, you cant have everything.
lol, it doesn't matter what setting you play at, it swaps no matter what. I've done the lowest setting possiable and it's no differnt once the stuttering starts.
Old 11-30-04, 12:42 PM   #60
Slybri

[
PC setup is in the sig. All drivers are up to date and the only thing overclocked is the 6800gt. Which I downed clocked from running stable at 420/1150 for months now to 400/1100 for this game.

.[/quote]

damn, how'd you get your PNY that high? Are you watercooling? Mine barely gets past 400/1000 and ive got extra fans near it to help cool. anything else and I get texture smearing....

Oh, BTW. WoW > EQ2

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote