Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-04, 11:59 PM   #229
GlowStick
CoD4!
 
GlowStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,786
Send a message via AIM to GlowStick
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
finished it second time round... gonna go back and play half life: source and see what thats all bout...

been fun so far... can't complain...

no real easter eggs per se... game was still fun though I would like for a max payne 2-ish release of extra levels for free for players

been doin mad stunts with the buggy and the air boat

extra fun.. both of em

some day perhaps valve will fix the clipping and weird shadow issues... but other than that a fun game...
Woot good fun,

Ive found my self to replay the last leve (with super grav gun) another time over, and the boat level was pritty fun. However other than that, the heavily scripted parts of the game is to boreing for me now, pritty much like the beginning, ravenholem, follow freeman, sandtraps etc.
__________________
Intel i7-2600K, Corsair 8Gig, Corsair H100, Corsair 650D, Corsair HX750, ATi 6970, WD Caviar Black 2TB
Sony Vaio SB: i7, 8Gig, Intel 320 300gig
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 12:35 PM   #230
CHEVYMAN_02
Running the Front Desk
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to CHEVYMAN_02
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

I love this game. The graphix are great. I have never had any slow down.
__________________
Rig:
Alienware M11x
Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 @ 1,7GHz
5GB DDR3
160GB
WIFI MIMO
Nvidia GeForce GT 335
Razer Abyssus Gamer Mouse


My Heatware
CHEVYMAN_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 04:23 AM   #231
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle
 
ClosetFanBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Elk Grove Ca.
Posts: 829
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

started off excited, got bored, gravity gun saved this yawn.
__________________
In order to find his equal a man is forced to converse with God.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 12:59 PM   #232
john19055
 
john19055's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: GREENVILLE,TX
Posts: 3,857
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

I disagree I think it has replay value ,when I play it the second time around and I notice things that I missed the first time around ,and even the third time around I would find myself seeing thing that I missed,I love this game bugs and all.
__________________
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 01:07 PM   #233
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Me too, I can't get enough of it. I'm trying to find all the secret areas this time...you all know that when you see the lamda on a wall, that means right near there is a hidden cache of weapons, right?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 01:36 PM   #234
PSYCHODAD
cereal killer
 
PSYCHODAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: indiana
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Me too, I can't get enough of it. I'm trying to find all the secret areas this time...you all know that when you see the lamda on a wall, that means right near there is a hidden cache of weapons, right?
yep!
__________________
System #1
CPU INTEL|3rd gen I-7@3.7ghz
16gb memory Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
PSU Siverstone Zeus 850w
EVGA 660gtx
Logitech G400 gaming mouse
Dell 2407WFP 24" lcd


Video Games -- Why waste good technology on science and medicine?
PSYCHODAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 02:21 PM   #235
muaddib
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 702
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Currently at Highway 17 (hard) for the second time. I really liked this game, the graphics are great and so is the gameplay. Too bad I get *****loads of stuttering running on rig featuring 2.7Ghz (FX55+ performance-like) A64 3200+ 939, 6800GT and a gig of RAM. Also I get random slowdowns for no damn reason. I made a custom config file which made the game really good, but not perfect. Oh, and there's really no scary part in this game, except when you finally get to meet the fast zombies, when they jump from roof to roof in Ravenholm.

I would really like to know how you can get the blue Gravity Gun before you get to Our Benefactors, it would be a challenge to finish the game using it only.
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 08:09 PM   #236
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

I don't think it would be possible. You can't kill the Striders with it.

I love this game. I thought there were a lot of scary parts, not scary because it was hideous or anything, just becuase something jumped out when I wasn't expecting it.

I also hate spiders and those black headcrabs are so spider-like it makes me physically uncomfortable whenever I see one. If you shoot one from way far back and don't kill it, it goes into a running frenzy that is just too damned creepy.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-05, 08:14 PM   #237
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombre
I would really like to know how you can get the blue Gravity Gun before you get to Our Benefactors, it would be a challenge to finish the game using it only.
I cheated with it, and using it messes up a lot of stuff later in the game. It's not worth it.

The worst part of re-installing Windows is having to reinstall HL2. To get everything unlocked/updated takes at least 30 minutes.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 08:58 PM   #238
einstein_314
w00t!!
 
einstein_314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombre
Currently at Highway 17 (hard) for the second time. I really liked this game, the graphics are great and so is the gameplay. Too bad I get *****loads of stuttering running on rig featuring 2.7Ghz (FX55+ performance-like) A64 3200+ 939, 6800GT and a gig of RAM. Also I get random slowdowns for no damn reason. I made a custom config file which made the game really good, but not perfect. Oh, and there's really no scary part in this game, except when you finally get to meet the fast zombies, when they jump from roof to roof in Ravenholm.

I would really like to know how you can get the blue Gravity Gun before you get to Our Benefactors, it would be a challenge to finish the game using it only.
I think it would be reasonably easy to beat the game with only the blue gravity gun. Although, on second thought, it may be a challenge. I don't think you can kill the striders with it though so it would be impossible. And like Saturnotaku said, it screws up stuff in the game.
__________________
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (9 x 355) w/ Swiftec APOGEE GTX Waterblock|| Asus P5B-Deluxe WiFi Edition
eVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked Edition @ 675/1150 w/ DangerDen 8800GTX Waterblock|| 4x1GB Mushkin XP2 PC2-8500
X-Fi Fatal1ty 64MB || PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W || Seagate 7200.10 320 GB || Dell 2407WFP
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 09:18 PM   #239
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
I cheated with it, and using it messes up a lot of stuff later in the game. It's not worth it.

The worst part of re-installing Windows is having to reinstall HL2. To get everything unlocked/updated takes at least 30 minutes.
Ugh...I'm not looking forward to this...
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:06 PM   #240
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314
I think it would be reasonably easy to beat the game with only the blue gravity gun. Although, on second thought, it may be a challenge. I don't think you can kill the striders with it though so it would be impossible. And like Saturnotaku said, it screws up stuff in the game.
killin striders with that gun is a piece of cake... evidence == latter levels...

would be too easy...

I woulda much rather preferred playing the whole game with a shotty and a pistol
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Max Payne 3 Feedback Thread Ghosthunter Gaming Central 94 10-05-12 06:00 AM
Official detonator 40.71 feedback thread Crake NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 88 10-01-02 11:38 AM
Official Dentonator 40.52 feedback thread sh*tshot NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 62 09-26-02 05:43 PM
Detonator 30.30 feedback thread Matthyahuw NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 26 07-31-02 09:14 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.