Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-01-06, 01:27 PM   #133
kidwolf908

Default Re: NVTweak v1.7.1

What do you mean? As in 10% increase over the stock settings? And it's alright cuz I backed if off from 500/1150 to 480/1110...It locked up on me once at 500/1150. Running fine tho, might get the Tide Water to knock the temp down more and OC up over 500/1150.

chris
kidwolf908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 11:48 AM   #134
yacoub

ok someone help me out: I downloaded and installed NVTray which supposedly has NVTweak with it. I'm not sure where NVTweak appears (is that just something in the menu system when you right-click on the NVTray icon in the systemtray?

Also, when I click on Enable Fan Control, no checkmark appears next to it. Where do I find the Fan Control once it's enabled anyway?

Help

Btw, card is eVGA 7900GT KO.
yacoub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 01:57 PM   #135
darrenj

Will this help with games like GRAW
(Ghost Recon 3)

I have a PNY7800GT

Antec 900 Gamer case
Gigabyte P35 DS4 rev 1.1
Core 2 Duo E8400@4ghz
Corsair 2x2048 dominator 8500CD
ATI Powercolor 4870 1024mb
Maxter 300gig 16mb SATAII
Western Digital Cavier 200gig IDE
Corsair 520W
darrenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 02:06 PM   #136
rewt
mmm, Beer.. :drooling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoub
ok someone help me out: I downloaded and installed NVTray which supposedly has NVTweak with it. I'm not sure where NVTweak appears (is that just something in the menu system when you right-click on the NVTray icon in the systemtray?

Also, when I click on Enable Fan Control, no checkmark appears next to it. Where do I find the Fan Control once it's enabled anyway?

Help

Btw, card is eVGA 7900GT KO.
Hi yacoub. Welcome to nvnews!

To open NVTweak, double-click on the icon in your system tray area.

Once unlocked, the Fan Control option will appear on Clock Frequencies tab in NVIDIA control panel. This option is rather old however, and only allows forcing of the fan to ON in 2d mode. You can install and use NVIDIA nTune program to control 2d/3d fan speeds directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenj
Will this help with games like GRAW
Well, NVTray can apply global settings to affect any game. NVTweak can unlock tweaks to help you gain extra performance from your system as well.

Welcome to nvnews darrenj
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 04:41 PM   #137
yacoub

Ah, thank you! Grabbing NTune
Old 08-01-06, 09:05 PM   #138
yacoub

Er, NTune exhibited some odd behavior so I uninstalled it. Sticking with stock settings for now. Maybe I'll try Rivatuner one day if it becomes less complex, or ATI Tool adds fan control for NVidia cards.
Old 08-10-06, 09:00 PM   #139
rewt

For those interested, I have released NVTweak version 2.1.0 earlier today

Changes in NVTweak v2.1.0 / NVTray 1.0.4.1

January 2006
- NVTweak should now display a more accurate representation of the OpenGL driver's date. (Get driver LastWriteTime instead of CreationTime)
- Updated the NVTray Colors menu to launch the Video Overlay applet; This fixed an issue where color correction panel didn't appear when clicked.

April 2, 2006
- Updated NVTweak to detect April 2006 DirectX9c libraries (removed, see below)
- *New: Added options to unlock advanced tweaks for the NVIDIA PureVideo decoder
- *New: Added an option under Advanced Windows Tweaks to Enable or Disable Windows Auto-reboot after system crash
- A few minor layout changes
- Several coding & performance improvements

April 7, 2006
- Display the current value of maxFramesAllowed for both D3D and OpenGL under their respective Vsync dropdown menu
- *New: Added a function under 'Tools' menu to check the status of the NVIDIA Display Driver Service. This tool can help to prevent problems with the driver, such as when overclocking settings are being forgotten, or when control panel is not functioning properly.

April 10, 2006
- Improved responsiveness of the SLI Modes menu; sometimes it would not open quickly enough
- Detect and display the current Coolbits mode in its dropdown box (also shows custom hexadecimal values)
- Updated code that detects and manipulates Overlay Mode (VMR); designed to be more compatible with LaptopVideo2Go's custom INF tweaks
- Embedded an icon for the INF Viewer tool

April 11, 2006
- Added a few more custom set refresh rate overrides. Users needing other modes should use the built-in overrides panel which NVTweak can unlock for you.

April 13, 2006
- *New: Support for Transparency AA and Gamma correction (Now for GeForce6 and 7 cards!)
- Renamed '16x' on the AntiAliasing menu to '16xS' in order to correspond to what the NVIDIA Control Panel displays when it has been selected
- Provide much easier fine tuning of Direct3D/OpenGL LOD bias right from the tray menu; Now just enter an integer anywhere from -24 to 24 (-48 to 48 for OpenGL) and press Enter. Very handy for squeezing out extra performance, quality, or just to get rid of those pesky shimmering issues!
- Negative LOD Bias is automatically set to 'Allow' when Direct3D LOD values are negative. When D3D LOD values are 0 or greater, it is automatically set to 'Clamp'. You can still Allow or Clamp the Neg LOD Bias setting under Direct3D Optimizations menu.

April 14, 2006
- Improved Primary Display Device detection by using Windows API function
- Added Preliminary support for the Windows Vista operating system

April 18, 2006
- *New: Provide the ability to change screen resolutions and refresh rates (located under NVTray's Hardware menu). Click the 'Custom..' menu to quickly apply a new custom resolution mode.

April 23, 2006
- *New: Added the ability to check for updated versions of the program
- Uses balloon tips in the system tray to notify users that NVTray is still running when NVTweak has been closed using the [x] button. The tip should only appear once.

April 29, 2006
- Moved NVTray's registry startup key to CurrentUser, instead of LocalMachine. This way NVTray will not run automatically for all user accounts.

May 1, 2006
- Signed the assembly using a strong name keyfile; helps prevent execution of NVTray.exe if it has been modified by a virus or third party
- Fixed issue where NVTweak didn't detect registry key on Windows Server 2003

May 2, 2006
- Animate window when NVTweak is closed, or when clicking on the NVTray menuItem

May 12, 2006
- Updated contact and support information for the NVTray uninstaller in Add/Remove Programs
- Installer will now install in 64-bit mode on x64 and ia64 systems

June 3, 2006
- Add support for nVidia's new SLI 32x AA (Quad SLI)
- Multi-GPU applet for easy switching on/off SLI and Load Balancing bars

June 30, 2006
- When user enables SLi Antialiasing rendering mode, prompt the user to select his or her desired AA mode
- Removed checking for more recent DirectX libraries (i.e. April, June, etc.). Too many updates for me to keep up with.. This was merely informational and does not affect compatibility of NVTray in any way, shape, or form.

July 1, 2006
- Removed an Annoyance: NVTray's main menu should no longer close when clicking on it (now allows for faster menu opening)
- Keep track of balloon tips shown (stored under HKCU\Software\NVTray). Note: Uninstaller will not delete this key as to prevent balloontips showing again for users who uninstall before reinstalling a newer version
- Modified installer script to preserve users' customized settings; Should not overwrite settings.ini or Profiles.xml if they already exist
- Fixed issue where the Antialiasing menu showed SLI AA modes even though SLI had been disabled
- Improved (once again) the method for checking if NVTray is to run at startup. ZoneAlarm Security Suite should only ask once now (provided that NVTray had confirmed that the startup value was indeed correct).

July 2, 2006
- Added 6x and 12x Anisotropic Filtering modes.

August 9, 2006
- *New: Option to select your favorite NVIDIA Control Panel (Classic or New). This changes the Windows XP desktop menu behavior and adds both CPLs to NVIDIA's tray icon as well.
- Further improved the Coolbits comboBox; Provide the ability to custom set the coolbits value (Enter a hex value up to 24-bit and press Return)

Known Issues:
- Windows Task Manager reports abnormal memory usage (12+ MB) for NVTray.exe. Rest assured this is Not an accurate representation of memory usage! In fact most .NET applications will react this way, freeing up resources when necessary. Minimize [_] NVTweak to the taskbar and you will see it actually only uses < 1MB!
- NVIDIA's nView Desktop Transparency feature seems to malfunction sometimes, especially when using .NET applications such as NVTray, Paint.NET, or Microsoft's Visual Studio 8, etc. I believe this is probably a Microsoft and/or driver related bug and not a bug in my program.
- On some shells other than Windows Explorer, NVTray's Context Menu will not close automatically. A simple workaround is to click on the name of your graphics card on the main menu.

http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Old 08-17-06, 01:41 AM   #140
Phyxion

Thnx for the update Rewt.

I got a question to you, is it possible to add the Video settings in NVTray too? Like the Inverse Telesine setting, Edge Enhancement, Noise Reduction, and maybe the whole Brightness/Contrast thing?

Old 08-17-06, 05:15 AM   #141
NoWayDude
Charlie don't Surf!

Nice one Rewt. Thnx
NoWayDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-06, 07:17 AM   #142
Delbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewt
- *New: Option to select your favorite NVIDIA Control Panel (Classic or New). This changes the Windows XP desktop menu behavior and adds both CPLs to NVIDIA's tray icon as well.
Thankyou thankyou thankyou.... just installed the latest drivers and have been presented with the new Control Panel.... and i don't like it. Was just preparing myself to trawl through the posts to find out how to revert to the old one.... now i know, use NVTweak....
Delbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-06, 09:34 AM   #143
rewt

Hi all.

FnFGoT, I had not planned on adding brightness/contrast/gamma/digital vibrance/etc because those settings are already accessible from the Overlay applet that is launched from the main menu (Colors & Overlay > Color Correction).

On the other hand, I noticed that the new settings that you mention don't seem to appear anywhere in the Classic CPL. They are only in the New CPL as far as I can tell. Unfortunately I could not find information about these settings from NVIDIA's developer site, and in order for NVTray to change them effectively, I would need the information on the API (assuming it exists and is publicly available).

If you stumble across it, or know a registered NVIDIA developer that is willing to share this information (assuming it is not under NDA), let me know and I'll see what I can do
Old 08-19-06, 03:13 AM   #144
Phyxion

Alright, thanks for the information

Edit:
Inverse Telecine, Edge Enhancement, and Noise Reduction values (PVPPCadenceDetection, PVPPEdgeEnhancementLevel, and PVPPNoiseReductionLevel, respectively) are in the registry, you can change them like each other registry setting.

Last edited by Phyxion; 08-20-06 at 12:58 AM.
Phyxion is offline   Reply With Quote