Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-16-02, 02:36 AM   #1
TucsonCard

Angry Audigy 2

Anyone else think they suck ?

*snap*

*crackle*

*pop*

And their annoying PoS software that feels compelled to pop up whenever you start a game or unpack a program.
Oh well, It is creative.... What the hell was I thinking ?

Back to new egg with ya.
TucsonCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-02, 12:24 PM   #2
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Hey, I'll give you a Ti 4200 for it.
Old 11-16-02, 10:58 PM   #3
Tactics
Green Lantern

Default Re: Audigy 2

Quote:
Originally posted by TucsonCard

*snap*

*crackle*

*pop*

And their annoying PoS software that feels compelled to pop up whenever you start a game or unpack a program.

Back to new egg with ya.
Dude it's not the card. It's something in your rig that's not jiving. Mine works great - no pops, crackle or anything. Just a regular Audigy but works great.
Old 11-16-02, 11:35 PM   #4
budd_wm
Grrrrrrrrrr......

Heh, you should've waited for M-Audio's REVO card...
budd_wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-02, 01:12 AM   #5
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

So... as it stands I am still looking to trade somebody my Ti 4200 128 meg for a Audigy 2...
Old 11-17-02, 02:05 AM   #6
StealthHawk

Quote:

*snap*

*crackle*

*pop*

Back to new egg with ya.
older model VIA motherboard?
Old 11-18-02, 08:22 AM   #7
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:

*snap*

*crackle*

*pop*

Back to new egg with ya.
Just a question, but have you gone into the advanced audio settings and disabled everything but play control and wave/MP3 ?
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-02, 08:41 PM   #8
ReDeeMeR
The Guy Next Door *wink*

Send a message via ICQ to ReDeeMeR

Is there any improvement if you turn it all off?
ReDeeMeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-02, 10:39 PM   #9
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDeeMeR
Is there any improvement if you turn it all off?
Well yes thats why I posted the ss of my audio control panel. I found I was getting noise, noticed it mostly when moving my mouse. It seemed to be from the cd audio and the auxiliary, so I just turned them all off, except the ones that I need
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-02, 02:51 PM   #10
FastM
GeForceFlop

Send a message via ICQ to FastM

I also just got a Audigy2, very nice clear crisp sound with far more software options than any hercules card has.
FastM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 09:04 PM   #11
CWB

This is wierd, but: I had SB Live 5.1 and 5.1 speakers. I just bought Audigy2, used it for 2 days, and today returned it for Audigy. The Audigy 2 was clearer than the Live, high end cleaner, eliminated the crackling in Operation Flashpoint, etc., and all my games were noticeably faster (alot less CPU overhead), BUT:

-Even with sub maxed and same in Surround Mixer, the bass was nowhere near as deep as Live. Not just slight difference, I could easily tell in music, games, even Windows sounds (!).
-High end too "tinny". Over-all sounded like bass turned way down and treble maxed. Playing with Mixer helped but didnt fix.
-Speaker Calibration reported my speakers as wired wrong (neg. on pos. and vice versa, which I know to be untrue), and speakers popped during Windows startup.
-Unlike Live, driver interface seems a mess, with controls that used to all be in one place (AudioHQ) now divided between AHQ and a cheesy "Creative Volume Control", which caused problems if not allowed to load on start. So now to have easy access to all settings, I had to let 2 items load on start, plus there were even more than the usual gaggle of startup items & services that Creative is loathed for to hunt down and turn off.
-Stupid Splash Screen which slows Windows start kept coming back on even when I unchecked "Load on Start". My impression of drivers=cheap and sloppy.

After 2 days use, I was disappointed (especially since it was $129 which is more than Ive ever paid for a soundcard), so today I took it back and got Audigy. It seems to be best of both Aud2 & Live; all games still surprisingly faster than Live, sounds better than Live but retains powerful bass and non-"dog-whistle" high-end, same convenient driver interface with some improvements, fixes all crackling (OpFlash), speakers dont pop at start, and on top of all that it was $30 less. I was disgusted with Audigy2, but Im completely happy with Audigy, and its still a upgrade from my Live.

EDIT: I play games alot more than I listen to music, so your impressions/requirements may be different. All the reviews I read prior to purchase said that Audigy2 was much better than Audigy; I personally dont agree, but thats just my experience.
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-02, 11:03 PM   #12
budd_wm
Grrrrrrrrrr......

Heh, Audigy 2 also has probs with multithreading/dual CPU setups, just like the original Audigy did. Maybe Creative will fix the problem in two years when it doesn't matter anymore.
budd_wm is offline   Reply With Quote