Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-18-04, 06:42 AM   #1
laphin

Unhappy BFG Geforce 6800 GT Stuttering Problems

Okay.. so I've had this problem and alot of other people have it and there seems to be no solution.

My Specs: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ nForce 3 250
BFG Geforce 6800 GT (OC)

Nvidia needs to fix this immediately.
On D3D games such as Half Life 2. The games seem to freeze abnormally for 8 seconds.. and then continue play for 5 seconds before it freezes again along with an irritating sound loop. It's like something is definately conflicting with these games.

I've tried everything from uninstalling the Drivers, cleaning them up with DriverCleaner, and re-installing them in every which way possible. I've uninstalled my virus software.. nothing.. reinstalled it..

The only thing I haven't tried was to disable FastWrite, but like a dummy, I have no idea where to find that in the BIOS OR on the card.

Can someone please help me out with that, or some other possible solution?
It would be MUCH appreciated... I can't enjoy Half Life 2 because of all this. :P
laphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-04, 07:16 AM   #2
JRd1st

Default Re: BFG Geforce 6800 GT Stuttering Problems

In coolbits, select Fan always on. If that doesn't help, download and install this ftp://gainward-ftp.de/utility/expert...ertool_323.zip

Run it and select the Performance tab, Fan settings, Fixed and set the speeds to 100%.
JRd1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-04, 05:21 PM   #3
laphin

Default Re: BFG Geforce 6800 GT Stuttering Problems

FastWrites...
I have figured it out... for people having the same problem as me.

TURN OFF Fast Writes!

What you do is download RivaTuner and go in to customize yer card. Go to AGP and turn off FastWriting and make sure it's set to turn it off at StartUp.. Restart yer computer and WHABAM... no more Direct3d problems if you have the same PC setup as mine and are having the EXACT SAME problem as I am.
laphin is offline   Reply With Quote