Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: What game do you most anticipate in '03?
Halo 2 3.77%
Doom III 24 45.28%
Unreal II 7 13.21%
Deus Ex 2 12 22.64%
TRON v. 2.0 1 1.89%
XIII 1 1.89%
Duke Nukem Forever 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-02, 09:07 PM   #37
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
Just play the damn game! Gosh! man, talk about overdoing it! what do you do? save every 3 steps so that you don't mess something up?!? I mean, the way you say you play games, you totally suck all the fun out of them. Just reading your post made me lose interest in HL and Doom 3... 3 months to beat a game?!!
some people only play 1-2 hours a day and not even every day at that

although i agree, 3 months assuming you play frequently is ridiculous, especially for a game like HL which didn't last that long. i played around 1-2 hours a day max and beat it within 1-2 weeks once i got my new rig and wanted to see how pretty all my old games were on it.
Old 11-19-02, 10:35 PM   #38
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Most single player games I tend to finish in two long days. Its not because I want to beat the game, and nor to I use cheats or guides. The reason is simple! Im having so much fun that I just cant stop, just one more level........ I think unless the game is boring or frustrating, its quite easy to forget about time, sometimes its a good thing bieng a smoker, because I often have smoke breaks and having break while using your pc is always a good thing

Better go have one now I think
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-02, 02:07 PM   #39
fishlung
"Steempy, you nVeediot!"

Deux Ex 2! Woo! Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!

Savage, yeah NOLF2 had me laughing quite a bit. I think my favourite part was where you're reading various things at the Russian installations. Hee! Hopefully Deus Ex will have all kinds of backstory and interesting/fun side information that you can discover and read (like the original, and even System Shock 2). Awesome stuff. That's what makes a good game even better. Shows the kind of effort involved in creating atmosphere and proper immersion into a story/world.
fishlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-02, 02:20 PM   #40
AngelGraves13

I was referring to only playing a few hours a night. I'm not addicted to games....I prefer spending time with a chick. You know....those wild ones with tattoos and crazy colored hair (even where you might not expect it) and some style. That's what girls these days lack.....style. They all dress like they shop at the same stores...and maybe they do (Macy's , JC-Penny)......I don't like girls like that. If a girl isn't wild, then she's not for me.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-02, 02:09 AM   #41
t6_shadow
The all knowing

You know what I find annoying? The fact that so many people pretend to be FOR the right of freedom of speech and allow that right to be pissed on because "thems the rules". You know what? Fu*ck the rules. People are violating my right to swear cuss etc. Just because something is private doesn't mean you can change the law. For example can I make murder or drugs legal in my house cause I own it? Of course not you say! Buy why not? Its a PRIVATE home I can make my own rules right? Wrong. Period.

I don't about angels but its fear that gives men wings.
- Max Payne

Give him a gun and hes superman. Give him two and hes god.
- Superintendent Pang, Hard boiled

The rig that brings the pain:
Intel p4 2.0 Ghz
1024 megs o ram at pc2100
Asus p4sgx-mx mobo
GIGABYTE geforce 6600gt AGP
60 gig ata 100 Hard drive
48X24X48 lite on Burner
DVD rom drive
t6_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-02, 02:12 AM   #42
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally posted by t6_shadow
You know what I find annoying? The fact that so many people pretend to be FOR the right of freedom of speech and allow that right to be pissed on because "thems the rules". You know what? Fu*ck the rules. People are violating my right to swear cuss etc. Just because something is private doesn't mean you can change the law. For example can I make murder or drugs legal in my house cause I own it? Of course not you say! Buy why not? Its a PRIVATE home I can make my own rules right? Wrong. Period.
What the hell does this have to do with games in '03??? lol....man if you're having a bad day we're here for you man......let it out!!
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-02, 06:59 AM   #43
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by t6_shadow
what the heck are you talking about? freedom of speech? we don't have freedom of speech, at least not in the US.

the press has the freedom of speech, but not everyday citizens. you have no "right" to cuss.

even if freedom of speech applied to everyone, since when was it a "law." it's a constutional right, not a law. and the bottom line is at the end of the day, people don't have the freedom of speech, except maybe to bad mouth the government.
Old 11-23-02, 09:46 AM   #44
SavagePaladin
info*****

That wouldn't apply to privately owned clubs, or online forums/chats, that give predetermined rulesets anyway.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-02, 10:36 AM   #45
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Well besides been waaaaaaay off topic here t6 they are right. You have no right to swear on this board at all

Now back to the topic people
Old 11-23-02, 11:26 AM   #46
The Baron

People have freedom of speech, so when you're by yourself, go ahead and curse. But when you are cursing in a privately owned establishment, they can kick you out.

Freedom of speech only means the gov't usually can't touch you.
Old 11-23-02, 02:02 PM   #47
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Waiting for Deus Ex 2 , first one was a super hit
And it looks just as good as Doom 3 imo
Old 11-23-02, 02:04 PM   #48
volt

I'm surprised no one mentioned CC: Generals.
After watching the video I can't wait to get my hands on it
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote