Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-04, 06:17 PM   #13
ifaxsoln

Default Re: dual card problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander
This really looks like a problem you'll want to talk to Tyan about.
At your suggestion, I pursued this with PNY and Tyan.

Someone from PNY send a Tyan engineer an NVS-400 and that engineer was able to get 4 screens running on the Tyan S2885 running Windows XP. They have concluded this is a linux problem.

-Darren
ifaxsoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 07:17 PM   #14
zander
NVIDIA Corporation

Did the engineer actually verify that the installed SBIOS configured all PCI devices correctly in said test system?
zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 09:35 PM   #15
ifaxsoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander
Did the engineer actually verify that the installed SBIOS configured all PCI devices correctly in said test system?
Zander,

If you can help me understand the question, I will try to get the answer for you. Since his tests were using Windows, is it easy to determine whether the installed SBIOS configured all PCI devices correctly? Could he have truly had it working in Windows if this had not happened?

I took my Quadro NVS out of my Tyan system and put it into an el-cheapo DELL PC running Windows XP and I managed to get 4 screens running without problems. One thing I did notice was that on the DELL box all of the boot messages appeared on screens one and two of the first graphics port (labelled 1 on the back of the card). In contrast, when the card's in my Opteron/S2885 box all of the boot messages appear on screens one and two of the second graphics port (labelled 2 on the back of the card).
Old 12-19-04, 09:40 PM   #16
ifaxsoln

I'm going to stop posting about this issue here, since I started a more specific/dedicated thread about this issue at :

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41903

-Darren